Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Shameless - "Strangers on a Train" - 2/2/14

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-14, 09:32 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Shameless - "Strangers on a Train" - 2/2/14

Season 4, Episode 4
Episode Synopsis: Fiona continues her secret affair with Robbie, but her infidelity is threatened to be exposed when Mike shows up at Robbie's apartment while Fiona is there. Meanwhile, Frank tries to contrive an "accident" that will net him a big insurance payout, so he can afford a potential liver transplant. Original Air Date: Feb 2, 2014
There will be a new episode this Sunday.

I won't be around due to the game, so I'm posting this early.
Old 02-03-14, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts
Re: Shameless - "Strangers on a Train" - 2/2/14

I guess everyone TIVO'd the episode due to the Super Bowl and haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

I cringed when Carl jumped on Frank's leg.

Fiona's a slut.

Glad to see Kevin call Lip out on his shit - calling him a pussy, etc. Lip's going back and hopefully Kevin's speech about him being resourceful and beating the system with his street-smarts gives us an opportunity to see him finally do some damage at College - the Ghallager way.
Old 02-03-14, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
Fiona's a slut.
Yes, she is. She is, in her own way, just as self-defeating and self-destructive as her father.

She finally gets a good job. Then she starts sleeping with her boss. Then she cheats on her boss with his unstable brother.
Old 02-04-14, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm reaching that level where I want Fionna to be taken out Jimmy style. Her actions are just completely unneeded. Yeah, I get it, she's a self destructive Frank, but at least the other seasons she kept it in reality.
Old 02-04-14, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

A troubled girl cheats on her decent - but boring and needy - boyfriend with a bad boy. It's not like the show has introduced aliens or dragons.
Old 02-04-14, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
A troubled girl cheats on her decent - but boring and needy - boyfriend with a bad boy. It's not like the show has introduced aliens or dragons.
Totally agree. And she has always liked the bad boys. Remember the nice guy cop that she treated like dogshit?

I do agree with the complaints about Lip though. The writers could have accomplished their point in several better ways.
Old 02-04-14, 09:14 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

But she looks so good at being "a slut"...
Old 02-04-14, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Fiona cheating on her boyfriend is more believable than her really liking her boyfriend to begin with.

I've been saying this every week but the Lip stuff could have been done so much better. It got better this episode because what happened here made sense.

The Debbie stuff is creeping me out. Though it looks like it's done now.
Old 02-04-14, 10:32 AM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Totally agree. And she has always liked the bad boys. Remember the nice guy cop that she treated like dogshit?

I do agree with the complaints about Lip though. The writers could have accomplished their point in several better ways.
Agreed. Once the dysfunctional brother showed up at the dinner party last week, we knew something would start between those two. I thought of the cop who she wanted nothing to do with.
Old 02-04-14, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Yeah, I get it, she's a self destructive Frank
Isn't that redundant? Or did you mean a less self destructive version of Frank?

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Old 02-05-14, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just goes against the whole struggling for a "normal" life that the character seemed to have been shooting for in the past season. Especially when she has been the only one attempting to get her shit together. From attempting to be a dance club promoter to just about every other job she has had.

Both dating the boss and risking this new found chance at normality just seems out of character for her. Not the nice boy thing, because she could have had that with the cop neighbor and chose Jimmy/Steve. But you figured after that blew up, she'd have learned some lesson by now.

shrug. At the very least it just feels like all the stories they're attempting to do this season are being approached in the wrong way. From Lip's sudden bout with stupidity and them not doing a good job at making it believable to the creepy who knows what the fuck is happening with the younger sister.