Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Super Bowl XLVIII Commercial Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-14, 05:23 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uQB7QRyF4p4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

enjoy this and discussing the others...
Old 01-30-14, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

A little early, but a bunch of ads are showing up online now so I figure we can have a thread to start discussing them. I wasn't quite sure where this should go, but I think there's usually a thread here for these.

I'm not sure if some people don't want to be spoiled by these early, but oh well

Budweiser - Puppy Love

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uQB7QRyF4p4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Toyota with Terry Crews and the Muppets.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/N5A3R4XqhOA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jaguar - British Villains

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2Bls1KKDwmo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And I don't know what Newcastle is doing, but their non-Super Bowl ad with Anna Kendrick is pretty awesome. Approachable hot

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9g9wXBkdWEg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-30-14, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Super Bowl XLVIII Commercial Discussion Thread

I love the puppy love one, but this one is good also
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zl0zw1YVZd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-30-14, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts
Re: Super Bowl 48 commercial "Puppy Love" (watch this!!)

Nothing.

I despise these beer commercials that try to make you weepy with puppies and horses.
Old 01-30-14, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Did you and Djariya make a bet to see who could start the most threads?
Old 01-31-14, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Chobani Bear

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ABxP3t7XP3g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheerios, which I guess is in the news because the family is biracial?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LKuQrKeGe6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-31-14, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

This is for beer?

I'm with you whotony. Nothing.
Old 01-31-14, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beer commercial for LITTLE BITCHES!
Old 01-31-14, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad Cheerios has made a follow up with that family. Fuck all them CRYING BITCHES!
Old 01-31-14, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts

I love this one from Doritos.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d2M5WeIUtPE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-31-14, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

That was pretty good
Old 01-31-14, 10:06 AM
Suspended

Someone was already fired over commenting on the Cheerios commercial.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/80...e-person-fired
Old 01-31-14, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe

That conservative right winger should have been fired for getting offended about such an unoffensive commercial. I can't believe people are still unwilling to accept interracial marriages in the 21st century.
Old 01-31-14, 11:16 AM
Suspended

This one is good.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/STHpMUYeznQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-31-14, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Pretty sure that Australian PSA has nothing to do with the Super Bowl :P
Old 01-31-14, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

First year in a LONG time where I pay more attention to the game than the commericals.
Old 01-31-14, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fired? Shouldn't people who don't conform be killed? We cannot have dissent. Truth has been discovered and if you have a different opinion you cannot be allowed to live. Who knew msnbc was racist?
Old 01-31-14, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe

This might be the dumbest controversy of the week. I don't understand how the tweet is even offensive. It implies something that their news channel implies every day. They fired the staffer, so does that mean that Sharpton can't talk about how racist the Republican party is from now on?
Old 01-31-14, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

I hope there is a "24" teaser trailer!
Old 02-01-14, 09:24 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...h-for/5084847/

NEW YORK (AP) — Actress Scarlett Johansson gives SodaStream some sex appeal in a controversial spot, Kia revives actor Laurence Fishburne's "Matrix" character Morpheus in its commercial. And cute puppies and kids abound in ads for Cheerios to Anheuser-Busch.

Advertisers are planning to pull out the tools in their arsenal during Super Bowl time this Sunday, including celebrities, A-list rock bands and cinematic story lines.

Of course, there will still be ad surprises on Sunday with major brands like Chrysler and Coca-Cola staying mum on at least one of their ads. But the ones that are already out use a variety of tactics to draw viewers' attention.

Overall, marketers are doing a better job getting their branding message across — while still entertaining — than previous years when a cheap joke or gag ruled supreme, says Kelly O'Keefe, professor of brand strategy at the Virginia Commonwealth University Brand Center.

MORE: Welcome to Super Bowl Ad Meter 2014

"This year there's much more focus on brand personality: the spot has to be both interesting and funny and link back to the core assets of the brand," he said. "I'm predicting a stronger Super Bowl than last year."

Advertisers are in the game to win. The Super Bowl is advertising's biggest showcase, with more than 108 million people expected to tune into the game. And companies are paying an estimated $4 million to have their ads be a part of the action.

Here are 10 ads to watch for on Sunday.

1. Anheuser-Busch: The biggest Super Bowl advertiser's ad in the fourth quarter shows an adorable Golden Labrador becoming enamored with one of the beermaker's iconic Clydesdales to the tune of "Let Her Go" by Passenger.

2. General Mill's Cheerios: The cereal maker brings back an interracial family that starred in a prior spot. This one shows a father telling his daughter that they're going to have an addition to the family, a baby boy. Then, the little girl strongly suggests they also get a puppy. The ad airs during the first unscheduled time-out of the game.

3. Bank of America: The bank will promote its partnership with AIDS nonprofit (RED) by having music group U2 sing their new single "Invisible." between the first and second quarter. The song will be a free download on iTunes during the game and for the following 24 hours. Bank of America will donate $1 each time it is downloaded to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS.

4. SodaStream: The Israeli at-home soda maker company has stirred up controversy on two fronts. Their ad features "Her" actress Scarlett Johansson touting the health and environmental benefits of the soda maker and will run in the fourth quarter. The ad first made waves when the company said it would delete its last line, "Sorry, Coke and Pepsi," at a request by Fox. Then on Thursday, Johansson resigned her Oxfam ambassadorship. The nonprofit was unhappy she was linked with SodaStream, which operates in Israeli settlements in the West Bank of Palestine. Oxfam is opposed to that.

5. H&M: The clothing maker's ad in the second quarter features nifty technology that will allow people with some Samsung Smart TVs to order soccer star David Beckham's Bodywear products with their remote control in real time.

6. Nestle's Butterfinger: A suggestive teaser ad showed a couple, "Chocolate" and "Peanut Butter," in '70s-style couple's therapy talking about the need for "change" and "excitement." The actual ad in the third quarter will have a related theme and Butterfinger is expected to introduce its Peanut Butter Cups with some tongue-in-cheek double entendres.

7. Beats Music: Ellen DeGeneres reimagines the Goldilocks and The Three Bears fairytale in this ad running in the third quarter that introduces Beats Music, a streaming music service.

8. Wonderful Pistachios: The snack producer showcases comedian Stephen Colbert running amok in two 15-second ads in the second quarter.

9. Kia: In the carmaker's third-quarter ad to introduce its K900 luxury sedan, Laurence Fishburne reprises his "Matrix" role as Morpheus and displays some surprising operatic skills.

10. Chrysler: The automaker is bound to surprise. Always mum ahead of the game, Chrysler has produced some of the best loved and most remembered spots during the big game, from Eminem's "Imported from Detroit" ad in 2011 to last year's "Farmer" ad featuring scenes of American farmland and a voiceover by conservative radio broadcaster Paul Harvey. Look for another surprising spot or two this year.
Old 02-01-14, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts

Mermaid commercial
Old 02-01-14, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

I liked it back in tbe day when you didn't see the commercial until you watched the game. I've already seen almost 10 commercials just from watching various tv programs. I guess I understand why they do it but I still miss the element of surprise.
Old 02-01-14, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gKKVQLDYYcw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-01-14, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xTaH-OtUv94" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-01-14, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gKKVQLDYYcw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
that was nutz!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.