Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Crisis (NBC) -- S: Gillian Anderson -- From the creator/producer of Life (3/16/14)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Crisis (NBC) -- S: Gillian Anderson -- From the creator/producer of Life (3/16/14)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-14, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=n45241" frameborder="0"></iframe>

To bring the most powerful people in the world to their knees... threaten what they hold most dear.

It's field trip day for the students of Ballard High, a school that educates the children of DC's elite, top-of-their-industry CEOs, international diplomats, political power players, even the President's son. But when their bus is ambushed on a secluded rural road, the teenagers and their chaperones are taken, igniting a national crisis.

Now, with some of the country's most powerful parents at the mercy of one vengeful mastermind, the question arises: how far would you go and what would you become to ensure your child's safe return? With so many parents and dignitaries put into play with nowhere to turn and no one to trust, the unthinkable grows from the select families at risk to an entire nation at stake.

From executive producer/writer Rand Ravich (Life), and starring Gillian Anderson (The X-Files), Dermot Mulroney, Lance Gross and Rachael Taylor comes the most emotionally charged action thriller of the season. One-hour drama.

Trailer looks good. Only problem is that this will air Sunday nights, which is so crowded already.

I guess this means Gillian Anderson will not be returning to Hannibal. Well, it's good to have her act as the lead of an American show again.
Old 01-26-14, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Re: Crisis (NBC) -- S: Gillian Anderson -- From the creator/producer of Life (3/16/14

She apparently has an expanded role in Hannibal this season, who knows for Season 3 though. She's doing that, The Fall and this. Busy lady.

This was the show that took a break after episode 6 for a "course correction" late last year. Not sure if that means studio tampering or what. It was also tied for most highly praised pilot on NBC last year, along side Blacklist.
Old 01-26-14, 08:29 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: Crisis (NBC) -- S: Gillian Anderson -- From the creator/producer of Life (3/16/14

Originally Posted by RichC2
She apparently has an expanded role in Hannibal this season, who knows for Season 3 though. She's doing that, The Fall and this. Busy lady.
That's what I first thought of as well. Glad she's keeping busy and doing double duty with shows on both sides of the pond.
Old 01-26-14, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this one of those 13 episode series? Hope it is a self contained one season series.
Old 01-26-14, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by resinrats
Is this one of those 13 episode series? Hope it is a self contained one season series.
Yes, it's 13 episodes. Self contained? Unlikely.
Old 01-27-14, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

From the creator of "Life"?

I'm in.
Old 01-27-14, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by B.A.

I'm in.
I miss that show.
Old 01-27-14, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by B.A.

I'm in.
So Milton Bradly created this?
Old 03-16-14, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

^Bump.. Premiere tonight.
Old 03-16-14, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

This will either be good or come across as another feeble attempt by NBC to regain its prominence amongst the networks.
Old 03-16-14, 05:29 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2

This was the show that took a break after episode 6 for a "course correction" late last year. Not sure if that means studio tampering or what. It was also tied for most highly praised pilot on NBC last year, along side Blacklist.
Yeah, this is a one and done. Any type of "taking a break" usually means a lot of tinkering. Reminds me of "Save Me" which NBC aired the pilot and ignored the next 5 episodes and started at episode 7 which was the "new" episode 2.
Old 03-16-14, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Synopsis for Pilot:

SERIES PREMIERE -- A NATIONAL INCIDENT BRINGS THE COUNTRY'S ELITE TO THEIR KNEES -- It's ?eld trip day for the students of Ballard High, a school that educates the children of Washington, D.C.'s elite, top-of-their-industry CEOs, international diplomats, political power players, even the President's son. But when their bus is ambushed on a secluded rural road, the teenagers and their chaperones are taken, igniting a national crisis. Now, with some of the country's most powerful parents at the mercy of one vengeful mastermind, the question arises: How far would you go and what would you become to ensure your child's safe return?

Notable Cast:

Gillian Anderson
Dermot Mulroney
James Lafferty
Rachael Taylor
Michael Beach
Max Martini

Phillip Noyce directed the Pilot episode.
Old 03-17-14, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk God

So I did watch this tonight even though this is far from being must see TV for most of you tonight.

Anyways, I'd probably give the 1st episode between a B- and C+

Interesting setup and a few interesting character twists. Although there are a few pretty annoying & bratty characters, mainly the kids who were captured.

Did not suspect at all that Mulroney's character (one of the people captured) was the mastermind behind it all. The flashback with Mark Valley gave a little more substance to it. Seems like he was set up by someone and is now seeking revenge for it.

The blonde FBI agent (Taylor) being the birth mother of Anderson's character was another interesting reveal.

Whether or not any of you have the time to watch 12 more weeks is entirely up to you. I know Sundays and Mondays aren't kind to those with only 1 DVR.
Old 03-17-14, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

I liked it. I'll give it a go so see how soon pieces fall together. I cant imagine them dragging out who is who otherwise that's when I leave.
Old 03-17-14, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I'll stick around since some of my friends are extras in upcoming episodes but I was pretty bored with it. I did appreciate what they were trying to do with slowly peeling back the layers of this conspiracy but none of the actors seemed to be clicking with the material.
Old 03-17-14, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

the metalica cover was interesting
Old 03-17-14, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

I kinda liked it. A bit slow but not every day you hear something like that.
Actually surprised Walking Dead hasn't used a song yet and 'hipster' it up.
Old 03-19-14, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I think this show is DOA. It was a fairly generic show until the very stupid reveal in the last minutes. I'll give it one more episode but I've already deleted the season pass. I can't believe Gillian Anderson doesn't get offered better material than this to star in.
Old 03-20-14, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I think this show is DOA. It was a fairly generic show until the very stupid reveal in the last minutes. I'll give it one more episode but I've already deleted the season pass. I can't believe Gillian Anderson doesn't get offered better material than this to star in.
But she does. Both Hannibal and The Fall.
Old 03-20-14, 08:23 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Watched this last night and wasn't impressed...expected more given the early season buzz about it. Of the two new NBC Sunday shows, Believe looks to be the better show.
Old 03-23-14, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

We watched the re-air last night with some friends. Maybe it's because we missed the first 5-10 minutes, but the pacing and setup with this were all over the place.

I agree it was okay with a few interesting twists, but needed a lot of fixes.

The shot FBI agent was cool - wish they focused on him more.

I guess guy that brought down drone didn't actually need to.

Might check out a few more if regular material runs out in the week.
Old 03-23-14, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

We liked it. Obvious it doesn't take itself too seriously.
Old 03-25-14, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

It didn't get any better in the second episode. I think this one is a goner.
Old 03-26-14, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya
So I did watch this tonight even though this is far from being must see TV for most of you tonight.

Anyways, I'd probably give the 1st episode between a B- and C+

Interesting setup and a few interesting character twists. Although there are a few pretty annoying & bratty characters, mainly the kids who were captured.

Did not suspect at all that Mulroney's character (one of the people captured) was the mastermind behind it all. The flashback with Mark Valley gave a little more substance to it. Seems like he was set up by someone and is now seeking revenge for it.

The blonde FBI agent (Taylor) being the birth mother of Anderson's character was another interesting reveal.

Whether or not any of you have the time to watch 12 more weeks is entirely up to you. I know Sundays and Mondays aren't kind to those with only 1 DVR.
A fair few spoilers there!
Old 03-26-14, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by jdslater1
A fair few spoilers there!
Well, the episodes have already aired in the U.S.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.