Search this Thread

Old 01-16-12, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Lost Girl -- Series Premiere -- "It's a Fae, Fae, Fae, Fae World" -- 1/16/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-01-16

Series Overview:

Anna Silk (The Ghost Whisperer) stars as seductress Bo, a Succubus (a powerful female entity in folklore) who feeds off sexual energy. Raised by human parents, Bo had no reason to believe she was anything other than the girl next door - until she "drained" her first boyfriend to death. In the premiere episode, Bo discovers she is one of the Fae, creatures of legend who pass as humans while secretly feeding off them. Faced with choosing between an allegiance to the Dark or Light Fae clans, Bo takes the middle path between the human and Fae worlds while embarking on a mission to unlock the secrets of her origin. Lost Girl co-stars Kris Holden-Ried as Dyson, a homicide detective and Bo's love interest; Ksenia Solo as Kenzi, Bo's confidante; Zoie Palmer as Lauren, a doctor who competes for Bo's heart; Rick Howland as Trick, the mysterious bartender at The Dal Riata Tavern, and K.C. Collins as Hale, Dyson's partner on the force. Notable guest stars include Emmanuelle Vaugier as "The Morrigan," the leader of the Dark Fae.
Synopsis for this episode:

Spoiler:
Bo protects a young woman in jeopardy and learns about her unusual heritage in the debut of a supernatural drama about a seemingly ordinary girl who suddenly finds out she's a succubus.

13 episodes for season 1. This was acquired by SyFy from the Showcase Network in Canada.

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xQY4Cw45JgI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-17-12, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Lost Girl -- Series Premiere -- "It's a Fae, Fae, Fae, Fae World" -- 1/16/12

Very strange show.

The one thing it has going for it is that Anna Silk is hot.

Plus, you can't go wrong with Emmanuelle Vaugier as the recurring villainess.

Not sure I really get the point of the show yet. Bo is a succubus and has killed a shit load of people, but wants to control her powers now and I guess help people.

A little surprised this got a TV MA. Other than them saying shit multiple times, there wasn't really anything too graphic.

Judging by the preview for the upcoming season, there looks like their will be alot of sex...including some Lesbian action.

I'm guessing with alot of stuff returning, this isn't really on anyone's radar.
Old 01-17-12, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Re: Lost Girl -- Series Premiere -- "It's a Fae, Fae, Fae, Fae World" -- 1/16/12

So basically it's a TV series based on the X-Men's Rogue?

Gotta say, I ignored this shows because the ads did nothing to entice me. Heck, until I saw your thread just now, I had no idea what it was even about.
Old 01-17-12, 09:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well the first two seasons have already aired in canada. I gotta say that I actually enjoyed the show and Anna SIlk is hot. But the over all arc in Season 1 is pretty good. For those of you who aren't sure about sticking around, I'd say go ahead. You won't be disappointed.
Old 01-18-12, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I liked the first episode so I'm definitely in for the season.
Old 01-23-12, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Lost Girl -- "Where There's a Will, There's a Fae" -- 1/23/12

By djariya at 2012-01-16

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Bo tries to recover gems stolen from a strange collector who offers to pay her with information about her origins.

Episode 2 of 13

Apparently season 2 of this show is still airing in Canada and has a 22 episode season. So that should make it's way to the SyFy in the near future.

The premiere last week was a little weird, but Anna Silk is hot and of course there's Emanuelle Vaugier so that's enough to keep me around.
Old 01-23-12, 03:57 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Lost Girl -- "Where There's a Will, There's a Fae" -- 1/23/12

I didn't dig this anywhere near as much as I thought I would. The whole premise seems very convoluted. I'll give it one more try before stopping altogether.
Old 01-25-12, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

After watching the pilot, I'm shocked it took this long for someone in the states to air this. I did read that SyFy picked it up last April, so I guess they just wanted to pair it with Being Human.

Anna Silk is 37. There may be some truth behind her succubus powers, or the makeup artists on this show are top notch.

I liked both episodes, so I'm in. Hopefully SyFy catches up to Canada at some point. The show was recently renewed for a 3rd season, so SyFy wouldn't run out of material for a while.
Old 01-25-12, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in. She's hot. They main cop guy is hot. Her friend keeps the annoyance level tolerable. There so much they can do with the story. There are issues but hopefully they get corrected since it's going into a third season. The thing I thought was beyond stupid in this episode was:
Spoiler:
the headless assassin. A headless assassin is very scary but not one that is going to just leave his defenseless head sitting around for whatever to happen to it making it hardly unstoppable as the cop said.

There are things like that in this show that I hope get fixed.
Old 01-26-12, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 808 Likes on 682 Posts

The fighting scenes were laughable, but I could see the setup for this show working in the long run. You can tell the show is not produced by SyFy, it has the first adult language I've heard on the network.
Old 01-26-12, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk God

God damn Anna Silk is hot. I enjoyed episode 2 quite a bit.

Nice, but tame sex scene at the end to wrap things up. I wonder how often Bo plans to use sex to heal her wounds.

at the headless assassin. But, I agree that was pretty stupid for him to leave his head so vulnerable.
Old 01-26-12, 04:39 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

couldnt get thru more than 10 mins of the second episode. i'm out.
Old 01-30-12, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Lost Girl -- "Sorority" -- 1/30/12

By djariya at 2012-01-16

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Kenzi and Bo go undercover at a local college to investigate the disappearance of a sorority girl, and they uncover a surprising link to the Fae.

Episode 3 of 13
Old 01-30-12, 07:53 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Lost Girl -- "Sorority" -- 1/30/12

I gave up. Didn't like it.
Old 02-01-12, 01:58 AM

Why is Syfy changing the names of the episodes? This episode is called "Oh Kappa, My Kappa" in IMDB, and is being rebroadcast under that name on Wed 02/01/2012.
Old 02-01-12, 06:49 PM

This episode was pretty bad but I just can't help liking the show.
Old 02-05-12, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Okay, I know only a few people here including me are watching this. I'm guessing this isn't really on anyone's radar here being on a busy Monday night and with a no-name cast. But hell, I'll continue to share my comments.

As for this episode. I thought it was fun with the whole sorority aspect to it, but the big reveal at who the big monster was horrible. That was probably one of the worst looking monsters ever.

I'm guessing that Bo is bisexual. I liked the little Lesbian makeout session with the Dean, although she was only using her Fae powers to extract information from her. She did look pretty hot dressed as the Security guard in that tight black t-shirt.

I do like that Bo and Kenzi are working together as PI's to give the show a more episodic feel.

Thought it was interesting that Dyson turned into a wolf. The actor who plays Dyson is currently on Underworld: Awakening and plays a very similar character.
Old 02-05-12, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 808 Likes on 682 Posts

This show appears to be an adult version of Buffy the Vampire Slayer with inferior dialogue. I'm mostly sticking around for Anna Silk at the moment, though I could see the show developing into something better as they dig deeper into the mythology.
Old 02-13-12, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Lost Girl -- New SyFy Series -- Imported from Canada

By djariya at 2012-01-16

Synopsis for "Dead Lucky"

Spoiler:
A Dark Fae bookie hires Bo to learn how he was scammed by a human, and she discovers that the con artist has a surprising talent.

Episode 5 of 13

This show only has moderate interest at best here and there is too much stuff on Mondays to do weekly threads. Feel free to bump this up anytime if your watching and haven't fallen weeks behind.

Like that this is a TV-MA show and is a little more open with sex. Anna Silk is the reason I'm watching.

I'll use this thread for season 2 when it makes it's way to SyFy as well.
Old 02-14-12, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Lost Girl -- New SyFy Series -- Imported from Canada

I think I like this show. It is interesting seeing the monster fae of the week.
Old 02-14-12, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think it improves with it's mythology as it goes along. I've seen through episode 1 of season 2 and like it a lot more than Grimm which I find to have a similar subject matter.
Old 02-15-12, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I only made it through the first 10 minutes of the first episode. I like Grimm though.
Old 02-15-12, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Problem with Grimm is it doesn't seem to want to break out of the Police Procedural rinse and repeat plots, whereas so far Lost Girl does. You just didn't give it any chance. It definitely improves from episode to episode.
Old 02-15-12, 09:53 PM

I only watched the first couple of episodes and my biggest issue was the two sides asking Lost Girl to choose a side (Light or Dark) without explaining the difference between the two.

Did they elaborate on this in later episodes about the difference between the two factions?
Old 02-15-12, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nothing really revealed but...

Spoiler:
They don't really continue to keep asking her to choose. Most stuff that's dealt with is about her history and the history of the Fae in general. I don't recall too many specifics on the light and dark differences since they mostly just deal with the individuals from either side. There's definitely bigger things at work and other factions outside the Light and Dark that come to a head toward the end of the season.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.