Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Vampire Diaries -- Mid-Season Finale -- "Fifty Shades of Grayson" -- 12/12/13

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Vampire Diaries -- Mid-Season Finale -- "Fifty Shades of Grayson" -- 12/12/13

Old 12-12-13, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Synopsis:

"Fifty Shades of Grayson" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

DAMON'S PAST RETURNS TO HAUNT HIM - Damon (Ian Somerhalder) realizes Elena (Nina Dobrev) is in danger and enlists Stefan's (Paul Wesley) help to find her. The brothers pay a visit to Aaron (guest star Shaun Sipos), and Damon shocks Stefan by revealing his first-hand knowledge of Aaron's family. In an attempt to stop Damon, Dr. Wes (guest star Rick Cosnett) unleashes his secret weapon, forcing Damon to deal with a part of his past he thought was gone forever, as well as the consequences of his decades-long plan for revenge. Meanwhile, Elena is horrified by Dr. Wes' confessions about the dark history of Whitmore College and his own ultimate goal. Finally, a frantic Katherine (Nina Dobrev) turns to Matt (Zach Roerig) for help, until she realizes that Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda) may be the one who can solve her problem. Kellie Cyrus directed the episode written by Caroline Dries (#510).

Episode 10 of 22

Just episode of 2013. Returns January 23rd.
Old 12-13-13, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- Mid-Season Finale -- "Fifty Shades of Grayson" -- 12/12/13

This was kind of all over the place. They didn't show how Damon escaped. Why would Matt be helping Katherine. When did Matt give the knife to Nadia? Seeing her give him the knife was odd because I thought he already had it.

Why did the doctor guy send a poisoned vampire instead of a vampire eating vampire to deal with Damon. What's the deal with doctor guy not caring for his son?

So much oddness.
Old 12-13-13, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- Mid-Season Finale -- "Fifty Shades of Grayson" -- 12/12/13

I usually love this show, but this episode was just kind of weird and not in the good way.
Old 12-13-13, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

For the most part hunters are just in going after vampires because "most" of them are not all that nice. Damon still killing innocent people............he really is a villain. If these people were real I doubt most people would want anything to do with them.

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
This was kind of all over the place. They didn't show how Damon escaped. Why would Matt be helping Katherine. When did Matt give the knife to Nadia? Seeing her give him the knife was odd because I thought he already had it.

Why did the doctor guy send a poisoned vampire instead of a vampire eating vampire to deal with Damon. What's the deal with doctor guy not caring for his son?

So much oddness.
Damon escaped with the bullet, rock and kicking the door, something after that?

No idea why Matt is helping Katherine.

I think she got the knife back when Matt was hurt a little bit ago.

I thought he was his nephew which is still bad for not caring.
Old 12-13-13, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell

So much oddness.
I thought that was this was an uncle/nephew relationship...is it a father/son? I am just not paying that much attention to Vampire Diaries lately. You are right, everything is so odd. I think they should have kept the Claus thing going instead of a spin-off. These other people are boring.
Old 12-13-13, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

This was a terrible episode for a mid-season finale. No one in the audience cares if Katherine dies, so the threat of her death is meaningless. The stuff between Damon and Enzo felt hollow. The sudden break-up with Elena came out of nowhere and was poorly handled.