DVD Talk
Cold Comes the Night (2014) -- S: Bryan Cranston, Alice Eve [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Cold Comes the Night (2014) -- S: Bryan Cranston, Alice Eve

DJariya
12-11-13, 03:08 AM
http://cdn3-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2013/11/Cold-Comes-the-Night-Poster-SD.jpg

CHLOE (Alice Eve) and daughter SOPHIA live in a rundown motel on a lonely highway pit stop. As the proprietor of the motel, Chloe is in financial trouble and has quietly allowed a prostitution operation to run on the premises under the supervision of BILLY, a corrupt cop whose affection for Chloe is unrequited.

One night, TOPO (Bryan Cranston), a nearly blind Polish career criminal living in the US, and his driver stop over at the motel while en route to deliver cash to an unknown boss. An accident causes Topo to lose his driver, and their car is taken to the police impound lot with the money still inside.

Robbed of his money and his surrogate set of eyes, Topo takes Chloe and Sophia hostage, and forces Chloe to be his new driver and guide, using Sophia as collateral. They set out after Billy, who has stolen the money from the impounded car.

Attempting to save her daughter and capitalize on the situation, Chloe strikes a deal with Topo to split the cash, hoping to use her share of moneyto escape to a better life. But soon she gets in over her head, and a series of double-crosses leaves a cloud of mayhem in this story about desperation and survival.

Opens in January.

Just saw the trailer for this tonight on the Insidious Chapter 2 BD. Looks like it could be an interesting movie. Not sure about Cranston with the accent, but I'll pretty much watch anything he does.

Trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G3mPQnO7-HI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JumpCutz
12-11-13, 07:12 AM
The trailer looks fairly pedestrian. At best, It kind of gives off a Transsiberian vibe. If it's anywhere close to the quality of the Brad Anderson film, then mission accomplished.

The Cranston accent does indeed seem a bit dodgy, but I'll see it for his work alone.

Fagcludedly
12-11-13, 07:47 AM
Breaking Bad seems to have mad WW quite a star.

E Unit
12-11-13, 08:08 AM
Ah Logan Marshall-Green. No doubt some more of the same fine acting, probably as good as in Prometheus.

RichC2
12-11-13, 08:38 AM
Breaking Bad seems to have mad WW quite a star.

Finally hitting leading man roles at nearly 60. We call this the Liam Neeson effect.

VHS?
12-11-13, 02:04 PM
He's probably just happy to get away from his doofy 'Malcolm in the Middle' roll. Although I thought he was funny.

Groucho
12-11-13, 02:05 PM
Any word on whether Alice Eve randomly disrobes in this just so they can throw in an obligatory "sexy shot" for the trailer?

EddieMoney
12-11-13, 03:22 PM
I hope she does. She looks homely here but has a great rack.

van der graaf
12-11-13, 03:24 PM
I hope she does. She looks homely here but has a great rack.

http://www.apluswhs.com/product_images/lynx-rack.jpg

RocShemp
12-11-13, 04:00 PM

-other-

Giantrobo
12-11-13, 04:11 PM
"Plain Jane" Alice Eve looks like a young Ann-Margaret.

hanshotfirst1138
12-11-13, 05:33 PM
So many Hollywood starlets look like supermodels, I find it hard to buy into them in "homely" sometimes, no matter how much makeup they put on them :p.

RocShemp
12-11-13, 05:54 PM
So many Hollywood starlets look like supermodels, I find it hard to buy into them in "homely" sometimes, no matter how much makeup they put on them :p.

Makeup isn't the key. Glasses and a ponytail is what it takes to make a normally attractive woman homely.

hanshotfirst1138
12-11-13, 06:02 PM
Smart is the new sexy, glasses are great :p. at least that's what I keep telling myself ;). The brain is most erogenous zone! I don't know, maybe it's just the preconceptions I bring from knowing what the actresses really look like. I always think of Barbara Crampton in From Beyond as sort of the opposite, from homely to kinky.

When did this slang become commonplace? I was a pretty naive good Catholic schoolboy, but even so I remember the power tool metaphors-tap, hit, bang, slam, hammer, screw, nail, etc. were in vogue back then. Rack sounds vaguely related. Apparently power tool are sexy.

RoyalTea
12-11-13, 07:31 PM
Makeup isn't the key. Glasses and a ponytail is what it takes to make a normally attractive woman homely.

and paint on her overalls.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0