Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

flixtime makes a good point about Paramount deals ending 12-1

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 12-01-13, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

flixtime has done quite a bit of legwork, showing us deals on dvd planet and deep discount....there are several threads up today....he also mentioned on the Complete Fugitive thread that black Friday 10 day sale ends today....will the Paramount deals go away too?
some great deals out there I am just seeing...wish I had money to take advantage of this sale. Anyways, here are some deals I see out there....
Gunsmoke(Earliers seasons down the page)

Mannix

Streets of San Francisco

Wild, Wild, West...
(Box set is the real deal, about as it was this cheap 2 Christmases ago on amazon)

I'm sure there are more deals out there, just can't think of other Paramount shows out there on sale... prices are all better than Amazon...
Old 12-01-13, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
Re: flixtime makes a good point about Paramount deals ending 12-1

unfortunately the box set packaging for WWW is horrendous- amongst the worst for any complete series sets.
Old 12-01-13, 06:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
unfortunately the box set packaging for WWW is horrendous- amongst the worst for any complete series sets.
Sorry BUT I really have to disagree on this! I have this set and there is ABSOLUTELY 0 problems with any of the discs in the set! Only speaking from experience!
Old 12-01-13, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

yours is the first positive comment I've heard about the packaging. The Amazon reviews are consistently negative on this aspect of the set.

BTW, the price at Amazon right now is $42. Not that more expensive than the others when you factor in the cost of added shipping for the heavy weight. I also vastly prefer dealing with Amazon CS if there are any problems with it.
Old 12-01-13, 07:22 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

Matlock
Bonanza
Perry Mason
Rawhide
Vegas
Mission Impossible
The Lucy Show

Pricing is all over the board, but various seasons of these shows are on sale for fairly good prices.
Old 12-01-13, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

GOMER PYLE: Complete Series - $29.78 at DVDPlanet, currently $39.49 at Amazon (was Amazon lightning deal at $34.99 a few days ago)

HOGAN'S HEROES: Complete Series - $34.30 at DVDPlanet, currently $41.49 at Amazon (Amazon low was $35.99 a couple years back)

THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW: Complete Series - not a great bargain at DVDPlanet, currently $60.99 at Amazon (but that is still $10 higher than the Amazon low from a year ago)
Old 12-01-13, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Deep Discount has some excellent prices on a few of the Mission: Impossible sets:

Season 1 - $9.69
Season 2 - $9.16
Season 3 - $8.29
Season 4 - $7.99

The last few seasons are a little more pricey, but if you're new to the show and looking for a good introduction, you should start with the first four seasons anyway. If you only want one set, make it Season 2. If you don't like that season, you won't like the rest of the show.
Old 12-01-13, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Jory
Deep Discount has some excellent prices on a few of the Mission: Impossible sets:

Season 1 - $9.69
Season 2 - $9.16
Season 3 - $8.29
Season 4 - $7.99

The last few seasons are a little more pricey, but if you're new to the show and looking for a good introduction, you should start with the first four seasons anyway. If you only want one set, make it Season 2. If you don't like that season, you won't like the rest of the show.
S1 is 9.34
S2-S4 are 7.99 at DVD Planet.

Gonna have to pass -- for now.

Originally Posted by flixtime
GOMER PYLE: Complete Series - $29.78 at DVDPlanet, currently $39.49 at Amazon (was Amazon lightning deal at $34.99 a few days ago)

HOGAN'S HEROES: Complete Series - $34.30 at DVDPlanet, currently $41.49 at Amazon (Amazon low was $35.99 a couple years back)

THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW: Complete Series - not a great bargain at DVDPlanet, currently $60.99 at Amazon (but that is still $10 higher than the Amazon low from a year ago)

Gomer - Gonna get it and eBay my 3 seasons. S2 is hard to find and is more than the entire set on Amazon.
Hogan's - will be a LD for 33.99 tomorrow at 2:20 PM PST (have the sep. seasons)
Andy - Got it last year!

Thanks OP for making me spend another 100 bucks!!! (Gomer and Fugitive)

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 12-01-13 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-01-13, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Gonna have to pass -- for now.
Really?

If someone buys Season 2 of Mission: Impossible and doesn't like it, I'll mail them a $10 bill to cover it myself.*

*Valid in every U.S. state except Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Old 12-02-13, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jory
Really?

If someone buys Season 2 of Mission: Impossible and doesn't like it, I'll mail them a $10 bill to cover it myself.*
It really just came to spending too much money. I have S1 and S5. Someday I'll get the rest, but I'm waaaayy over budget and have to stop somewhere.
Old 12-02-13, 01:58 AM

sales are D-E-A-D.

WWWest seems to be alive on DD, but dead at DVD Planet.