Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon.co.uk

Old 11-28-13, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 285 Likes on 209 Posts
Amazon.co.uk

I love Amazon.com. I've ordered from all of their online websites for over a decade. And I have always been most impressed with Amazon.co.uk. until recently. I could order anything from them and got it within 7 days. Most of the time, 5 days after I ordered. Without paying extra shipping. I'll admit, I got completely spoiled with their turn around. But lately, it can take 3-4 weeks to get myorder. I purchased two small items on 11/10 with a 11/20 delivery date. And still haven't received anything. And everything I ordered was in stock prior to me purchasing. I don't know what's going on with them latey but, night and day.
Old 11-28-13, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,177 Likes on 906 Posts
Re: Amazon.co.uk

My last two recent UK orders took 8 days to arrive. Back when I ordered from them on a regular basis the turnaround time was 7 days, usually without fail. Who knows what new variables may have come into play?
Old 11-28-13, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts

I have used Amazon UK many times. It's great. Much better than Amazon.com for non-Americans. For one thing, shipping is cheaper.
Old 11-29-13, 02:07 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to buy from Amazon.com on a regular basis and agree that their shipping charges for overseas customers are now off-putting.

Amazon.co.uk has always served me very well and I only regret that I didn't save myself even more money by discovering and using the marketplace side of the operation earlier.

From what I can see Amazon has been trying to eke out every last penny from its operation and so such features as swift postage have probably been sacrificed in terms of cost-cutting.

That said, they can still be very quick and usually represent good value. And when they don't, I shop elsewhere...
Old 11-29-13, 07:54 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the time this will stem from the shipping carrier they use. I think you can find that on the shipping part of your order.

If it's shipped via DHL, then this is very common for it to take this long unfortunately, but if it's shipped via Royal Mail then typically it arrives within the shipping estimate
Old 11-29-13, 11:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMHO, even more important than the carrier is the processing by customs. I typically get my UK orders within two weeks (maybe closer to 10 days...haven't bought from Amazon UK in a while), and European orders in less than three weeks. Without tracking, it's impossible to know exactly where the bottleneck lies, but at least once I've waited 5-6 weeks for an Amazon UK order, 8 weeks for an Amazon France marketplace order, and about 9 weeks for an EBay UK (technically Ireland) purchase. Two of these happened in late 2010 after that bombs-hidden-in-HP-printers scare, but the other was in late summer, with the only obvious event being that old saying that "Europe shuts down for the month of August". While carriers have businesses to maintain, government bureaucracies tend to have much less accountability to operate efficiently.

I've only ever lost one package, an Amazon US shipment with Christmas presents that the tracking information said got as far as Philadelphia and then disappeared. Mind the date for filing a claim, but just be patient and the package should arrive eventually.

Originally Posted by Daytripper
And I have always been most impressed with Amazon.co.uk. until recently. I could order anything from them and got it within 7 days. Most of the time, 5 days after I ordered. Without paying extra shipping.
How do you manage that? Surely Prime isn't good for overseas purchases?
Old 11-29-13, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,177 Likes on 906 Posts

^ I think that 5 days after ordering is a bit of an exaggeration. No way in fucking hell.
Old 11-30-13, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 285 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
^ I think that 5 days after ordering is a bit of an exaggeration. No way in fucking hell.
Um, it's the truth. I didn't say every order. And it's been years and years since that happened. But I ordered a CD on a Friday night and I had in in my hands by the following Thursday. That's 5 working days. I live on the east coast, if that matters. This happened a few times. Mostly with CD's.
Old 12-01-13, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

I've gotten a few orders from Amazon.co.uk in under a week.
Old 12-01-13, 04:45 PM
Admin

Received 459 Likes on 301 Posts

Thread closed at the request of the OP. He has posted his comment in The complaining about Amazon thread