Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ground Floor (TBS) -- Series Thread -- From creator Bill Lawrence

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-13, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Ground Floor (TBS) -- Series Thread -- From creator Bill Lawrence

Set in the modern world of corporate America, Ground Floor centers on Brody (Skylar Astin), a young hot-shot banker who thought he was just having a one-night stand with Jennifer (Briga Heelan), a beautiful woman he met at an office party. He discovers, however, that she works in the maintenance department for the building where his bank – Remington Trust – is located. Suddenly their worlds begin to collide in the most unexpected ways. Facing Brody's critical boss, Mr. Mansfield (John C. McGinley), as well as annoyed colleagues, the pair must find a way to deal with their growing feelings for each other in this modern take on Romeo & Juliet.

Starring as Jennifer's co-workers in the building's maintenance office are Rory Scovel (Zach Stone is Going to be Famous) as Harvard, a know-it-all who's secretly enamored with her; James Earl (Glee) as Derrick, a guy who is tough on the outside, but a pussy cat on the inside and always looks out for his friends; and Alexis Knapp (Pitch Perfect) as Tori, a sexy young woman who loves to hit the clubs every night and catch up on her sleep at work. In addition, Rene Gube (Upright Citizens Brigade) stars as Brody's colleague Threepeat, a competitive go-getter who’s not quite as shallow as he seems.

Created by Emmy® nominees Bill Lawrence (Cougar Town, Scrubs, Clone High) and Greg Malins (2 Broke Girls, How I Met Your Mother), Ground Floor stars Skylar Astin (Pitch Perfect), Briga Heelan (Cougar Town) and John C. McGinley (Scrubs). Lawrence, Jeff Ingold (Undateable) and Jeff Astrof (The New Adventures of Old Christine) serve as executive producers on Ground Floor, which is being produced for TBS by Lawrence's Doozer, in association with Warner Horizon Television.

10 episode 1st season. Premiered Thursday with 2 episodes. Did anyone watch this? I recorded both episodes and will check it out. 30 minute comedies are so hit or miss here, so I don't expect much commentary.

Last edited by DJariya; 12-09-14 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-15-13, 09:19 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Ground Floor (TBS) -- Series Thread -- From creator Bill Lawrence

Didn't realize this aired. Lawrence and McGinley together again is enough for me to give it a shot, even though the premise doesn't intrigue me at all.
Old 11-15-13, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know who Briga Heelan is, but I want to know more.

I got burned out on Cougar Town after it switched to TBS. I don't think that I had the channel, although one of the other Canadian channels likely carried it. I always enjoyed the show, but it wasn't must see. I'm shocked that it is still on the air.
Old 11-15-13, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Recorded it, but didn't get to watch it. Hopefully this weekend. Will give anything Bill Lawrence does a shot. Hope it's good.
Old 11-15-13, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Here's Briga Heelan on an episode of Cougar Town. I guess nobody remembers her or doesn't watch Cougar Town.
Old 11-15-13, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

heard this was good, will check out this weekend
Old 11-20-13, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Briga is the hottest new actress I've seen in a long time.

The show has potential. The Boss is funny. The guy with the beard (who reminds me of a young Chris Elliiot) is funny. Threepeat needs to tone it down.
Old 12-13-13, 09:59 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Anyone watching this? I know its a laugh track sitcom, but I'm enjoying it. Astin is funny, and Heelan is pretty hot.
Old 12-13-13, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by dex14
Anyone watching this? I know its a laugh track sitcom, but I'm enjoying it. Astin is funny, and Heelan is pretty hot.
Yeah. I enjoy it. It's not ground breaking comedy, but I enjoy it.
Plus Briga Heelan is great eye candy.
Old 12-14-13, 04:19 AM

Hows McGinley? Basically Cox as a banker?

Somehow it seems kinda sad since I doubt him or Lawrence (or anyone else from the show) will ever match Scrubs...sorta like the 60s Three Stooges movies where you know it's downhill for good.
Old 12-15-13, 05:29 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm really liking this show,nothing amazing but fun to watch

The two lead characters are very charming

I don't like the boss character, not funny at all but the rest of the supporting cast is good
Old 12-16-13, 09:18 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally caught this the other day. I just couldn't get into it at all. It probably didn't help that I was watching an episode out of context (not starting with the first episode) but still... in this type of sitcom especially the jokes either land or they don't, and for me they didn't.
Old 12-16-13, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
Finally caught this the other day. I just couldn't get into it at all. It probably didn't help that I was watching an episode out of context (not starting with the first episode) but still... in this type of sitcom especially the jokes either land or they don't, and for me they didn't.
For this show, you didn't miss much by jumping in late. So far, every episode has been the same. Guy from upstairs dates girl from downstairs, but their two different worlds conspire to keep them apart, leaving them to get into a fight, which is resolved at the end of the episode.

Seriously, every single episode has had this plot.

But there's 2 hot chicks, and McGinley is doing a pretty good job as a slightly less abrasive Dr. Cox, so overall the show is at least watchable.
Old 12-16-13, 09:50 AM

Yea... it isn't breaking the mold. But I'd rather watch this than Dads...or The Millers... I don't really have anything else on Thursdays at the moment besides TBBT and Parks (which is on hiatus), so no big deal for 22mins.
Old 12-17-13, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by TheKing
For this show, you didn't miss much by jumping in late. So far, every episode has been the same. Guy from upstairs dates girl from downstairs, but their two different worlds conspire to keep them apart, leaving them to get into a fight, which is resolved at the end of the episode.

Seriously, every single episode has had this plot.

But there's 2 hot chicks, and McGinley is doing a pretty good job as a slightly less abrasive Dr. Cox, so overall the show is at least watchable.
Yeah, but 80 percent of Three's Company and 90 percent of Gilligan's Island had the same plot.
Old 12-19-13, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Just started watching this, it's pretty amusing. Nothing spectacular, but a good time waster. I could do with the constant attempts to let Astin sing though.
Old 12-23-13, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Just got caught up with all 6 episodes that have aired.

I kind of like this show. It has a lot of charm. Briga Heelan is IMO the find of the year. Smoking hot blonde, really nice curves and really funny. She has good chemistry with Skylar Astin.

Nothing groundbreaking here. It's a 90's style studio sitcom like Hot in Cleveland, but I think it has potential. I think McGinley is great as the boss.
Old 12-27-13, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Anna Camp from Pitch Perfect was nice to see, but yet more reasons to have them sing
Old 12-27-13, 10:32 AM

Yea... the lets put a roadblock in the relationship storylines are getting old.
Old 12-27-13, 10:41 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I have no idea what this show is, but I DVRed it last night because of Anna Camp.
Old 12-27-13, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Trelach24
I have no idea what this show is, but I DVRed it last night because of Anna Camp.
It takes like 2 seconds to look up the Ground Floor TBS page and see what the show is about:

http://www.tbs.com/shows/ground-floor/about/

And I see you ignored my 1st post, which is where I also posted this.

Set in the modern world of corporate America, Ground Floor centers on Brody (Skylar Astin), a young hot-shot banker who thought he was just having a one-night stand with Jennifer (Briga Heelan), a beautiful woman he met at an office party. He discovers, however, that she works in the maintenance department for the building where his bank – Remington Trust – is located. Suddenly their worlds begin to collide in the most unexpected ways. Facing Brody's critical boss, Mr. Mansfield (John C. McGinley), as well as annoyed colleagues, the pair must find a way to deal with their growing feelings for each other in this modern take on Romeo & Juliet.

Starring as Jennifer's co-workers in the building's maintenance office are Rory Scovel (Zach Stone is Going to be Famous) as Harvard, a know-it-all who's secretly enamored with her; James Earl (Glee) as Derrick, a guy who is tough on the outside, but a pussy cat on the inside and always looks out for his friends; and Alexis Knapp (Pitch Perfect) as Tori, a sexy young woman who loves to hit the clubs every night and catch up on her sleep at work. In addition, Rene Gube (Upright Citizens Brigade) stars as Brody's colleague Threepeat, a competitive go-getter who’s not quite as shallow as he seems.
Old 12-27-13, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk God

I sent a tweet to Briga Heelan the other day commenting about the show and she actually replied back. That was cool of her. Not all TV stars reply back to their fans, but I think it's really cool that she did.
Old 03-06-14, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk God

http://tvline.com/2014/03/06/ground-...2-renewal-tbs/

Renewed for Second season. 10 episodes.

I found this show very enjoyable, although it's nothing earth shattering. It helps that Briga Heelan is smoking hot. For a studio multi cam workplace comedy it isn't as hokey, cliched and by the numbers as most are.

It did end on a cliffhanger with Brody and Jennifer going to Paris anyways after Brody got fired for not taking the Hong Kong job. So at least we get to see some continuation.

Last edited by DJariya; 03-06-14 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-06-14, 04:48 PM

Good news.
Old 12-09-14, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Bump

FYI, Season 2 premieres tonight.

SEASON PREMIERE: Ground Floor

Season Premiere: "Unforgiven" - December 9, at 10 p.m. (ET/PT) - TV-14-DL

When they return from Paris, Brody has to face the music for abandoning Mansfield and Jenny has to deal with the fact a spurned Harvard has fired almost everyone on the ground floor. Getting back in Mansfield's good books will be harder than Brody ever imagined, especially now that the number smart, but people challenged, Lindsay has already taken his place.

Directed by Gail Mancuso

Written by Jeff Astrof

Created by Bill Lawrence & Greg Malins

10 episode season