Once Upon a Time in Wonderland -- "The Serpent" -- 11/07/13

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-08-13, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Synopsis:

HOW FAR IS JAFAR WILLING TO GO TO GET WHAT HE TRULY WANTS AND WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR ALICE TO STOP HIM, ON ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME IN WONDERLAND"

"The Serpent" - When the Knave's life is in danger, Alice has to make the tough decision on whether to use one of her three precious wishes and what that would mean for her and Cyrus. Her new friendship with Lizard reveals some of the Knave's backstory and Cyrus plots to escape. Meanwhile, Jafar's plan to kill the Knave puts the Red Queen in a difficult position as she grapples with her feelings for him and her desire to get what she wants. In flashback, we explore Jafar's origins and find out what he truly wants from Cyrus, on "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland," THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 7 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" stars Sophie Lowe as Alice, Michael Socha as Knave of Hearts, Peter Gadiot as Cyrus, Emma Rigby as The Red Queen with Naveen Andrews as Jafar and John Lithgow as the voice of the White Rabbit.

"The Serpent" guest stars include Lauren McKnight as Lizard, Zuleikha Robinson as Amara, Matty Finochio as Tweedle #1, Ben Cotton as Tweedle #2, Brian George as Old Prisoner, Hugo Steele as Orang, Haroon Khan as Blacksmith, Anthony Keyvan as Young Jafar, Cedric De Souza as Akil, Marco Soriano as Gerard, Kevin Blatch as Executioner, Danny Wattley as Jafar's Servant, Alicia Thorgrimmsson as Citizen, Peter Hall as Peasant, Forbes Angus as Villager and Christian Bower as Drunken Guard.

"The Serpent" was written by Jan Nash and directed by Ralph Hemecker.

Episode 4 of 13
Old 11-08-13, 08:52 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Re: Once Upon a Time in Wonderland -- "The Serpent" -- 11/07/13

Episode was Jafar centered so was much more interesting. That said the show is still one big hot mess and I hope they do something fast or cancel it.
Old 11-08-13, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Even though it has issues they need to finish the story before they cancel it. Based on how it currently is there is little reason for it to go beyond the thirteen episode order.
Old 11-09-13, 05:57 PM

Received 774 Likes on 504 Posts

This is a really trite thing, but Naveen Andrews must have gotten a new hair stylist because he's lost his curls and length for a shorter and more feathered look. Just threw me off is all.

... and I agree, this could easily be tied up in 13 eps... but then again, I also thought that the original OUAT would only go a season or two and we're in season 3 now.

So far Jafar is the only thing keeping me watching this show.
Old 11-10-13, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still waiting for an Iago reference in the show. Then again, I'm waiting for an Aladdin one as well.