Revolution -- "Dead Man Walking" -- 10/30/13

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-13, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Revolution -- "Dead Man Walking" -- 10/30/13

Synopsis:

"DEAD MAN WALKING"

10/30/2013 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : MILES CONSIDERS THE CONSEQUENCES OF MONROE'S ACTIONS - As Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos), Rachel (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Gene (Stephen Collins) question Monroe's (David Lyons) true allegiance, Miles (Billy Burke) himself is weary of his former friend's intentions. Meanwhile, Aaron (Zak Orth) continues to have visions that lead to endless questions. Also starring Giancarlo Esposito, JD Pardo and Nicole Ari Parker. TV-14 DLV

Episode 6 of 22
Old 10-31-13, 12:37 AM

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Re: Revolution -- "Dead Man Walking" -- 10/30/13

It was pretty obvious that we would end up seeing the last scene of someone with a shovel. (Trying not spoil the episode for anyone who hasn't got to it yet)

Gian Carlo Eposito is so freakin intense I couldnt help bursting out laughing at the parts with him and his son. The guy is a crotch hair away from going over the top in those scenes but its fun to watch.

I was intrigued when they decided to jump off the bridge and bring Fatty Google guy back from the dead. At that point I think the show crossed into more of a science fiction fantasy type story than the direction they went in Season 1.

But now they seem to have abandoned the whole storyline of getting the power back on and its more about these feudal militia groups warring against each other.

For me, that has quickly run its course.

I hope they get back to 'the nanites' and getting power back with or without pendants. I think that's way more interesting than watching Miles and Charlie have creepy will they or won't they finally give in to their desire moments while Rachel plays Girl, Interrupted.
Old 10-31-13, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by bluesix
watching Miles and Charlie have creepy will they or won't they finally give in to their desire moments
What version of the show are you watching?
Old 10-31-13, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by bluesix
It was pretty obvious that we would end up seeing the last scene of someone with a shovel. (Trying not spoil the episode for anyone who hasn't got to it yet)

But now they seem to have abandoned the whole storyline of getting the power back on and its more about these feudal militia groups warring against each other.

For me, that has quickly run its course.

I hope they get back to 'the nanites' and getting power back with or without pendants. I think that's way more interesting than watching Miles and Charlie have creepy will they or won't they finally give in to their desire moments while Rachel plays Girl, Interrupted.
It was obvious to me that he wasn't dead when they showed Rachel mixing the death cocktail. And I was when they said death by lethal injection. You'd think Texas of all places would bring back hanging or a firing squad when left of their own devices in a post-apocalyptic world. They'd have that now if they could.

I personally like the switch to a warlord chaotic show.
Old 11-01-13, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, of all the ridiculously unbelievable things in this show, Texas executing someone with lethal injection tops them all.
Old 11-02-13, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somehow this show keeps growing on me. It's just a lot of pure fun.
Old 11-02-13, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SteelWill
Yeah, of all the ridiculously unbelievable things in this show, Texas executing someone with lethal injection tops them all.
Not that any of us thought he would really die that just showed that even if it appears he died it will not be the truth. It would be hard to believe someone ike him plus in such a world that they would not just shoot him and be done with it.
Old 11-02-13, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

anyone using lethal injection in a time when the manufacture of modern chemicals would be hard if not impossible is stretching the suspension of disbelief too far
hanging, guillotine, or even beheading by axe I would buy
Old 11-02-13, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

What's so hard about injecting any type of poison into someone? Pretty sure there are enough liquids that are fatal hanging around. Some could even be derived from plants.
Old 11-02-13, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS?
What's so hard about injecting any type of poison into someone? Pretty sure there are enough liquids that are fatal hanging around. Some could even be derived from plants.
That's true but the use of most would be prevented because they would be cruel and unusual.

I agree with the notion that Texas using lethal injection is the most unbelievable thing in this whole series. Nanobots - fine. McGoogle's Pyrokinesis - fine. Texas and lethal injection - That's crazy talk.
Old 11-02-13, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Kdogg
That's true but the use of most would be prevented because they would be cruel and unusual.
Texas.Apocalypse ... dont think there is any such thing as 'cruel and unusual punishment at this time in the show.

If you think about it. This was the only way they could get away with him 'being saved' other than Miles pulling off a Clint Eastwood move by shooting the noose from afar or being 'the' executioner at the guillotine and stopping it as it came down. Too cliche' to do any of those.
Old 11-03-13, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehunt
anyone using lethal injection in a time when the manufacture of modern chemicals would be hard if not impossible is stretching the suspension of disbelief too far
hanging, guillotine, or even beheading by axe I would buy
Hanging would be the most likely. America has traditionally had a fondness for hanging people. It has a lot ritual associated with it, and there's a certain symbolic value to leave a dead body dangling from a rope in public as a warning to others that they had better not step out of line.

A second option would be a firing squad. While it isn't a form of execution practiced often, it is generally associated with the execution of traitors and the military.

Beheadings were never really popular in the States, so that's probably not going happen. It's also the most difficult to fake.