Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

New 'Adult' Sitcoms ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-13, 03:17 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
New 'Adult' Sitcoms ?

It seems all of the new sitcoms are your usual family fair.

Are there any new adult oriented 'rude and crude' sitcoms ?

When the League and It's Always Sunny finish, there's not going to be any !
Old 10-11-13, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: New 'Adult' Sitcoms ?

2 Broke Girls with references to anal sex I would not consider typical family fare. We Are Men was adult but only lasted 2 episodes. Mom being centered on sobriety certainly is for more adult crowd. Rude and crude isn't the problem. Decent enough to keep watching is.
Old 10-11-13, 07:04 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking that "The Mindy Project" can be quite adult, although I am at a loss to come up with a particular line of dialogue in support of this contention! We're only on Season One in the UK.

And as this is an international board, I think it fair to say that I find myself chortling away at the crudity of BBC's "Bad Education" and C4's "Fresh Meat", both of which feature comedian Jack Whitehall. Neither are brand new but they've only been about for a couple of UK seasons apiece which I believe would, added together equate to a short US season...
Old 10-11-13, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mindy certainly has some adult themes. at least adult enough I don't see anyone younger than teenagers enjoying the humor.
Old 10-11-13, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Though I enjoy Louie on FX, I really grew into loving his last show, the raunchy Lucky Louie on HBO... unfortunately since the critics trashed it when it began HBO cancelled it after one season, despite the fact it was improving ratings wise...
Old 10-11-13, 04:29 PM

NBC has largely been responsible for the family fare it seems.

Its a shame We Are Men wasnt given more of a chance.

Id also add to the list Curb Your Enthusiasm...if it returns, dramrdy Californication and Dads on Fox.
Old 10-11-13, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Although technically not adult even TBBT is not really family friendly. It's not really crude and rude however I would classify the humor as adult since I don't see younger kids really appreciating the humor. Taken to the extreme it's an OCD, Asperger's guy with a drunken party girl and a few nerds and rotten sex. Not exactly Nickelodeon.
Old 10-11-13, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by JimRochester
Although technically not adult even TBBT is not really family friendly. It's not really crude and rude however I would classify the humor as adult since I don't see younger kids really appreciating the humor. Taken to the extreme it's an OCD, Asperger's guy with a drunken party girl and a few nerds and rotten sex. Not exactly Nickelodeon.
Kinda like Mom I cant call TBBT adult for some reason...perhaps because Chuck Lorre doesnt seem funny to me....perhaps something else...dunno.

OP: You might also try to catch a UK series called Worst Week. Its not the boring brit fare youd stereotypically see on PBS for example...its actually pretty risque which serves as a nice counter to the classy brit quality to it.

Additionally the Canadian series Trailer Park Boys is very risque. That and Kids in the Hall is likely the only tv show that Canada has ever made that is risque.