Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Masters of Sex - "Race to Space'' - 10/6/13

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-06-13, 02:32 PM

Received 4,554 Likes on 3,089 Posts

Episode Synopsis: Masters blames Johnson when the sexual response study is forced out of the hospital. To continue his research, Masters moves the study to a brothel but soon realizes that to manage the chaos of the cathouse he needs Johnson's help.
Old 10-07-13, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
Re: Masters of Sex - "Race to Space'' - 10/6/13

"I'm not a john, I'm a doctor."

Sounded like Dr. McCoy.
Old 10-07-13, 09:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Another excellent episode
Old 10-07-13, 09:32 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

watched the pilot tonight which I really liked - will tape this second episode later in the week - since my DVR is already topping off near it's maxed space allotment.
Old 10-07-13, 09:57 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts

Good episode.

Virginia should let Betty spend a day with her son, that will change her mind about the surgery.
Old 10-07-13, 11:12 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

I thought the second episode was pretty strong as well. Still not sure how they plan to continue the storyline for the long haul, but I think ill stick with it to find out.
Old 10-08-13, 01:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Geofferson
\Still not sure how they plan to continue the storyline for the long haul
I wonder if someone will say this every week.

Nevermind that a quick look at a history book or wiki will inform you of the fact that Masters and Johnson worked together for over 30 years...I think they have enough material.
Old 10-08-13, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,159 Likes on 4,192 Posts

I liked the second episode a lot. Loved how Virginia sent all the potential replacements home saying the position was filled, told Bill that they were slow sending applicants and grabbed the hottest candidate for her new babysitter.

The opening credits were beyond lame though. Coins in slots? Trains through tunnels? Beavers, kittens? Is that really the best, most original opening they could come up with? I know it's nit-picking, but I think of the HBO series and their opening credits one of the things that make The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire and especially Game of Thrones feel special; you just don't get elaborate opening credits on regular TV. I haven't watched much Showtime at all (only this, Homeland and Californication), but from what I've seen, their opening credits are just awful.
Old 10-08-13, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,159 Likes on 4,192 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
I wonder if someone will say this every week.
Yeah, let me know when watching attractive people having sex gets too boring.
Old 10-08-13, 05:49 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I liked the second episode a lot. Loved how Virginia sent all the potential replacements home saying the position was filled, told Bill that they were slow sending applicants and grabbed the hottest candidate for her new babysitter.

The opening credits were beyond lame though. Coins in slots? Trains through tunnels? Beavers, kittens? Is that really the best, most original opening they could come up with? I know it's nit-picking, but I think of the HBO series and their opening credits one of the things that make The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire and especially Game of Thrones feel special; you just don't get elaborate opening credits on regular TV. I haven't watched much Showtime at all (only this, Homeland and Californication), but from what I've seen, their opening credits are just awful.
subtle innuendos eh?
Old 10-08-13, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker

Game of Thrones opening is so special you have to watch it, especially when there is a new location. It is the best opening by a very very large margin.