Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Darker Than Black... Advice

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-13, 07:53 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've tried watching this a couple times but never made it all the way through because I didn't really have a clue to what was going on and gave up about half way through the first season. I do think there's a good story hidden in there somewhere and was wondering if anyone can suggest anything to help pull it together a bit so I don't feel so lost. It is a very nice looking anime though and I do want to give it another shot. Also any info on the OVAs? Where do they fit in and where to get them?

William
Old 10-05-13, 02:36 PM
Cool New Member

Re: Darker Than Black... Advice

Well I started watching it again and after a few episodes I'm understanding it now...so far so good and pretty good at that. Seems that I caught up in how the anime looks... which is impressive by the way and I guess while I was admiring the visuals I was missing some of the story. This is one that you really need to pay attention to.
Old 10-06-13, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

It's heavily serialized, you need to watch from the very beginning. As for the OVA, it's excellent and meant to be seen between the first and second seasons. I would say the OVA is actually better than the second season.
Old 10-06-13, 04:16 AM

The best thing to do is to power through each season in one go. Background information will be filled in along the way. The one thing to remember is what each person's motivations are for what they are doing. The ending requires a very close attention to the dialogue.
Old 10-19-13, 03:03 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks guys!

William