Reload this Page >

Dexter's Final Cut - Jeff Lindsay

Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Old 09-19-13, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that there are a lot of fans of the TV show (myself included) and the book series that served as the original source material for the show now has released another book. If you didn't know, the TV show does not follow these books, aside from the first season. Characters that may be dead in the TV show are alive in the books, and vice versa.

IMO, the books generally have been much weaker than most of the TV series.

Description:

Spoiler:
Lights. Camera. Mayhem. You won't find this story on television.

Hollywood gets more than it bargained for when television's hottest star arrives at the Miami Police Department and develops an intense, professional interest in a camera-shy blood spatter analyst named Dexter Morgan.

Mega-star Robert Chase is famous for losing himself in his characters. When he and a group of actors descend on the Miami Police Department for "research," Chase becomes fixated on Dexter Morgan, the blood spatter analyst with a sweet tooth for doughnuts and a seemingly average life. To perfect his role, Chase is obsessed with shadowing Dexter's every move and learning what really makes him tick. There is just one tiny problem . . . Dexter's favorite hobby involves hunting down the worst killers to escape legal justice, and introducing them to his special brand of playtime. It's a secret best kept out of the spotlight and away from the prying eyes of bloated Hollywood egos if Dexter wants to stay out of the electric chair. The last thing he needs is bright lights and the paparazzi. . . but even Dexter isn't immune to the call of fame.

Jeff Lindsay's razor sharp, devilish wit, and immaculate pacing prove that he is in a class of his own, and this new novel is his most masterful creation yet.
Old 09-19-13, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Dexter's Final Cut - Jeff Lindsay

The books have definitely been weaker than the TV series. Honestly, alot of them read like 300 page Law and Order episodes. I do like the subplots that Astor & Cody have though.

That being said I still read and enjoy the books. Thanks for posting this. I didn't know a new book was coming out.
Old 09-19-13, 11:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by starseed1981
The books have definitely been weaker than the TV series.
Then how do you explain the following? Hmmmmm???

"Jeff Lindsay's razor sharp, devish wit, and immaculate pacing prove that he is in a class of his own, and this new novel is his most masterful creation yet".

Surely you're not suggesting that book publishers resort to hyperbole for their blurbs? That would be like suggesting that authors get compensated for providing endorsements for books they haven't even read!
Old 09-19-13, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

You're right! Book publishers would never EVER resort to that
Old 09-23-13, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finished the book. It was...interesting. A bit different than I expected, and it clearly is leading up to the next book. Overall, not a bad effort, especially considering some previous works.