Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

I have to pay for DLC that I already paid for two years ago?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-13, 05:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not really much of a console gamer (I am more into PC gaming) so I haven't touched my Xbox 360 in two years. I got an itch to play Red Dead Redemption again, so I dug the console out of my closet. I know that I paid for the Undead Nightmare DLC because I played it two years ago. Now though it is asking me to pay for it again in order to re-download it. WTF?
Old 06-28-13, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: I have to pay for DLC that I already paid for two years ago?

I think that in the past, I've been able to just choose an item from download history. It'll say "Download Again?" and then it downloads it free. As long as you're still using the same account you bought it with, I can't think of why it wouldn't let you do the same.
Old 06-28-13, 09:30 PM
Banned

I found the Download History tab, and while other things I have downloaded show up there, Undead Nightmare does not. This is weird. I know that I bought and played through that DLC two years ago. I am still using the same account.
Old 06-28-13, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't played it yet but isn't the Undead Nightmare on disc and if so could you have played it on that and just forgotten?
Old 06-28-13, 10:11 PM
Banned

I am 100% positive that I didn't have any disc for that DLC. I never sold any of my discs, so I didn't just sell it and forgot about it.
Old 06-28-13, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Did you check both the Undead Nightmare pack and the Undead Nightmare collection?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Se...Type=GameAddon
Old 06-28-13, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you go to your xbox live account online, go to My Account> Device Management> Download History. I don't think there's a way to download from there, but it should at least show the transaction as proof if you call later to get it to download again. Mine shows exhaustive detail, including updates and trailers, so your previous purchase should be on that list.
Old 06-28-13, 11:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Music
Did you check both the Undead Nightmare pack and the Undead Nightmare collection?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Se...Type=GameAddon
Yeah, the pack is just the basic Undead DLC by itself. The collection is the Undead DLC plus some other DLC. I just had the basic Undead DLC.

Originally Posted by redcat
If you go to your xbox live account online, go to My Account> Device Management> Download History. I don't think there's a way to download from there, but it should at least show the transaction as proof if you call later to get it to download again. Mine shows exhaustive detail, including updates and trailers, so your previous purchase should be on that list.
Yeah, I mentioned earlier I found the Download History tab and the DLC wasn't showing up there. It did show everything else I had ever downloaded, but not the Undead DLC. I have no idea why it isn't showing up there. I know I didn't just dream myself playing the DLC.
Old 06-29-13, 12:13 AM

Is there a chance you somehow played it on the standalone disc that was released?
Old 06-29-13, 12:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jcheckel
Is there a chance you somehow played it on the standalone disc that was released?
No chance.
Old 06-29-13, 12:31 AM

Have you checked the achievements for Red Dead Redemption? If none of the Undead achievements are there, then it's a false memory.
Old 06-29-13, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by taffer
Yeah, I mentioned earlier I found the Download History tab and the DLC wasn't showing up there. It did show everything else I had ever downloaded, but not the Undead DLC. I have no idea why it isn't showing up there. I know I didn't just dream myself playing the DLC.
I thought you meant you had gone to your account on the XBox itself rather than on your computer, which gives far more detail. My list gave me a frightening glimpse into how i've spent my time the last few years.
Old 06-29-13, 02:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bippitty
Have you checked the achievements for Red Dead Redemption? If none of the Undead achievements are there, then it's a false memory.
They are there.

Originally Posted by redcat
I thought you meant you had gone to your account on the XBox itself rather than on your computer, which gives far more detail. My list gave me a frightening glimpse into how i've spent my time the last few years.
I did check it on the Xbox itself. How do I check it on a computer?

Edit: Nevermind. I found it on the computer. Undead Nightmare doesn't show up, but it does show one "Unknown Title" that isn't a clickable link. That's interesting. Now that I think about it, the DLC is now called a "pack". Was perhaps the original standalone version removed and replaced by this pack?

Last edited by taffer; 06-29-13 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-30-13, 11:21 PM

Edit: Nevermind. I found it on the computer. Undead Nightmare doesn't show up, but it does show one "Unknown Title" that isn't a clickable link. That's interesting. Now that I think about it, the DLC is now called a "pack". Was perhaps the original standalone version removed and replaced by this pack?[/QUOTE]

I would contact MS. They ought to be able to run that down.

There are two different downloads available. "Undead Nightmare Pack" and "Undead Nightmare Collection". The collection bundles another pack with it.