Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Willow Creek (2013) (D: Goldthwait; S: Gilmore, Johnson)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-13, 07:38 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Jim and his girlfriend Kelly are in Willow Creek, California, to retrace the steps of Bigfoot researchers Patterson and Gimlin, who, in 1967, recorded the most famous film of the legendary monster. Kelly is a skeptic, along for the ride to spend time with her boyfriend between acting gigs. Jim, a believer, hopes to capture footage of his own, so his camera is constantly rolling. The small town is a mecca to the Bigfoot community; sasquatch statues guard the local businesses, murals of the missing link line the roads, and Bigfoot burgers are the town delicacy. The couple interview locals who range from skeptic to believer and from manic to completely menacing. Some of the stories they hear are of chance encounters with a gentle creature, while others are tales of mysterious eviscerations. On the day that Jim and Kelly plan on hiking into the woods to look for proof, they are given a simple warning: “It’s not a joke. You shouldn’t go there.” Despite the ominous message and Kelly’s own reservations, they head deep into the forest to set up camp. The events that follow will make them wish they had simply spent the night at the Bigfoot Motel.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eHcqBIPecRE?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 06-24-13, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
re: Willow Creek (2013) (D: Goldthwait; S: Gilmore, Johnson)

Damn no little quick shot of a monster or anything, just screaming and giggling?

Looks too much like Blair Witch Project.
Old 07-19-14, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts

Most people will probably hate, hate, the living shit out of this flick but I loved it (plus it's a found-footage flick and love that genre).

Just watched it tonight, unfortunately by the time it gets going, it's over.

I mainly wanted to ask if anyone (and by the looks of it, nobody watched it) at all knows what the hell was up
Spoiler:
with the naked girl that was walking around with the bigfoots at the end, I mean I know she was the women that went missing as mentioned earlier in the film but I didn't understand what the hell she was doing with the sasquatch
Old 07-20-14, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Spoiler:
I think it was for you to assume that the "Bigfoot's" were keeping them to mate since they appear to kill Males but take Females.

I really liked it. I didnt think it was going to be some SyFy type flick showing Bigfoot throughout and that's what makes it a good watch.
I'd like to say it has it's suspenseful moments that aren't silly but really get into it.
Old 07-20-14, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

after a string of good flicks from bobcat i had high expectations for what a found footage film by him would be like. it fucking sucked. just another blair witch rehash.
Old 07-24-14, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS?
Spoiler:
I think it was for you to assume that the "Bigfoot's" were keeping them to mate since they appear to kill Males but take Females.

I really liked it. I didnt think it was going to be some SyFy type flick showing Bigfoot throughout and that's what makes it a good watch.
I'd like to say it has it's suspenseful moments that aren't silly but really get into it.
Damn, never even thought about that (the spoiler) that really makes shit disturbing and I think you're right.