Reload this Page >

Current list of Adventure-type Reality shows for Summer 2013

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-13-13, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm sure I missed a few. Please feel free to add to the list and discuss.

The Hero - TNT

72 Hours - TNT

Naked & Afraid - Discovery
(yes, the contestants will actually be dropped off naked)

Get Out Alive - NBC

Summer Camp - USA

Race to the Scene - Reelz

Big Brother - CBS (not adventure, but fun!)

Whodunnit - ABC (murder mystery reality show)
This one reminds me of a FOX show titled Murder in Smalltown X - the winner was a firefighter who lost his life during 9/11 several months after the show finished filming.

Exit - Syfy

Capture - CW

Will be watching The Hero, 72 Hours, Get Out Alive, Naked &
Afraid, Big Brother and Whodunnit... will give the others a try... and of course will watch all the fake love on The Bachelorette lol.

Last edited by leeta; 06-26-13 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-13-13, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: Current list of Adventure-type Reality shows for Summer 2013

The "Naked Castaway" show on the Discovery Channel that ran a while back was pretty good. I presume this is similar to that?
Old 06-13-13, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hadn't heard of Naked Castaway, but will have to check it out. Here's a link to Naked and Afraid.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/naked-and-afraid

Just checked Discovery's site and Naked Castaway isn't listed in the ones with 'full episodes'.. it's probably on Hulu or somewhere though.
Old 06-25-13, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

speaking of whodunnit, saw the premiere and have to ask -

Spoiler:
how did they light the guy on fire (the 2nd "murder")

are these people all actors or is it really a reality game show?

or was that a stunt double? i cant imagine they would ever set a regular contestant on fire, no matter how safe they think it is
Old 06-25-13, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by atari2600
speaking of whodunnit, saw the premiere and have to ask -

Spoiler:
how did they light the guy on fire (the 2nd "murder")

are these people all actors or is it really a reality game show?

or was that a stunt double? i cant imagine they would ever set a regular contestant on fire, no matter how safe they think it is
I saw this and enjoyed it quite a bit. It's hokey and silly but still fun. I'd probably skip if it were the fall but it's good enough for the summer.

Anyway, my thoughts on your questions.

Spoiler:
Since they're borrowing the effects guy (or whatever his title is) from CSI, I imagine they use stunt doubles. Then they replace it with some fake bodies for the investigation and crime scene stuff.
Old 06-25-13, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 873 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
Anyway, my thoughts on your questions.

Spoiler:
Since they're borrowing the effects guy (or whatever his title is) from CSI, I imagine they use stunt doubles. Then they replace it with some fake bodies for the investigation and crime scene stuff.
I agree. I love Clue type stuff so I'll keep watching but I think it's pretty clear that the contestants knew exactly what was going to happen when they got there.
Old 06-25-13, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spoiler:
i would be more interested in this show if they were actually setting contestant people on fire. safety and liability be damned, i want some spectacle with my bread and circuses. we aren't going to get "the running man" or hunger games on tv if we keep accepting stunt people or simulated murder
Old 06-26-13, 09:49 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Figured this went here:

Viewers feared contestants actually died on ABC's 'Whodunnit?'

As the premiere episode of ABC's reality TV murder mystery "Whodunnit?" opened Sunday night, a voiceover explained that the contestants knew they were there to play a game, but "what they don't know is: The game is murder."

As it turned out, the contestants weren't the only ones who didn't quite know all the details. For instance, viewers knew the show was a murder mystery, but it's now clear what many of them didn't know was that the murders weren't real.

That's right, despite the fact that killing off contestants would be illegal (and, of course, just plain wrong), some believed that two players might have actually been killed as part of the show.

Concerned viewers even took to Twitter after the first person, Sheri, met her (not really) final fate.

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">*********>

More at the link...
http://www.nbcnews.com/entertainment...nit-6C10435414
--------
All I can say is, LOL.
Old 06-26-13, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

It never ceases to amaze me how dumb and gullible people can be.
Old 06-26-13, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sci-Fi has a new show called Exit which seems to be along the same lines as the ones you listed.
Old 06-26-13, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

So a couple people on Twitter suddenly represent the entire nation?
Old 06-26-13, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JCWBobC
Sci-Fi has a new show called Exit which seems to be along the same lines as the ones you listed.
Yeah, thanks for mentioning it. I need to update the list.

I just discovered it the other day and have been watching it. It's more of a quiz type show with stuff happening to contestants who can't answer quickly enough.

Also saw an ad on The CW today for something called Capture that starts on 7/31, (I think).
Old 06-26-13, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know if any of you watched the last episode of 72 Hours. I felt really sorry for the two contestants who were screwed out of a possible $100K. The third person on their team was a wimp who complained the entire way and quit on the third day when they were in first place and near the end of the race. One of his teammates cut his thumb half off and returned to complete the race. When the wimpy guy quit, he gave him a light shove... yeah, he shouldn't have but it was no big deal.. the other guy who was just sooooo exhausted and couldn't move another step suddenly whipped off his shirt and had loads of energy to fight... part of the game but so much depends on who you wind up with as teammates.
Old 06-30-13, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Watched the first episode of Whodunnit and I'm going to be it for the long haul (as long until ABC cancels it ). I loved Murder in Small Town X and it also has elements of The Mole.

Even though he was "scared" I think it's the cop. How can a cop be that bad at lying? Although the camera didn't seem to pay that much attention to that one blonde...

I wonder if there's a clue to the killer's identity in each episode like the Mole?
Old 06-30-13, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

TWC has NBC's Siberia up ondemand. It's actually pretty good in a Survivor turned Blair Witch type show.
Old 07-01-13, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Second episode of Whodunnit:

Spoiler:
Adrianna got blowed up! I was worried that the producers might keep her around because she annoys everyone. Although Cam(?) seems to be taking that role now.

After the "confessional" at the end, it does look like the contestants do participate in their death sequence. That's cool.
Old 07-08-13, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Third episode of Whodunnit:

Spoiler:
So he really was a crappy cop. I really am liking these death sequences they're having. I guess my next suspects are Lindsey, who can use the playing both sides as always having some info handy or Cris who is just under the radar but she has been getting more face time. Maybe Melina because she's playing the "I don't know what's going on, help me" character. I think the guys are too attention getting/making their presence known to be the killer.
Old 07-08-13, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't get around to the 3rd episode of Whodunit yet but I'll catch up later tonight.

But from the second episode I've gathered that this game is rather easy if you indeed have a solid alliance. Send each person to a different scout location and then share everything with your group and just ignore everyone else. People outside the alliance were getting all uppity as if they don't realize that they're playing a game.

Cool to see that they are taking part in their own death scenes. Must be fun. Though I do wonder how they set that one dude on fire, seems dangerous if he isn't trained.
Old 07-08-13, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Goat3001
Cool to see that they are taking part in their own death scenes. Must be fun. Though I do wonder how they set that one dude on fire, seems dangerous if he isn't trained.
It looks like Dontae didn't participate in the fire run. He was involved as the corpse in the morgue.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/whodunn...ter-postmortem

4. The stunt person had to wear several layers of protective clothing, including the fire-resistant material asbestos underneath her pajamas. She also wore special gloves and was coated in specially prepared flammable gel.

9. In the morgue, Dontae was shivering because his pajamas were still damp. A team of producers helped to keep him warm with hair dryers.

Makes sense since any insurance company would throw a fit.
Old 07-08-13, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

I had to sit thru the first episode of Whodunnit at a family member's house last weekend. It was fucking awful. It was not engaging in any way and the execution (of the show, not the people) was poor all around.
Old 07-08-13, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a feeling that the killer is
Spoiler:
Melina
Just my intuition from the ways things are playing out, but thought I'd put a spoiler around it anyway.
Old 08-01-13, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm bumping this thread. I don't know if I'm the only one still watching Whodunit. There were a few blah episodes in there but I thought this latest episode was good. With only 5 people left, I think it'll get more interesting.

The murders of the two women was pretty awesome.

Anyway I think the hot blonde chick, Cris is the killer. She's been doing a good job of staying under the radar all the while managing to solve these riddles and keep her group on top.

I think Kam is the obvious suspect since he's the one controlling the game the most but I don't think the killer would put himself out there that obviously.
Old 08-01-13, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every time the show the killer walking around in a hoodie it's obviously a man based on the shape but this last episode they tried to make it seem like it was a woman by having Chris find stuffing in the shoes. So is that supposed to be the real killer or are they just showing what happened with a stand in taking the place of the real killer?

I think if it was Cris she would be giving different information to each person to set up who she wants to kill next. My son thinks it's Cam but they teased Ronnie telling someone a secret reason why he is there & he's a bounty hunter so we are guessing someone in the house isn't who they say they are.
Old 08-01-13, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just assumed it was a stand in. Otherwise you'd be able to eliminate half the contestants right off the bat.
Old 08-01-13, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

You may be disappointed, -I was, a little, -but the show's producer says that no one was actually designated the killer, so there are no behavioral clues to look for. The murderer will be determined based on who makes it to the finale.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.