Reload this Page >

The Bachelorette - Des

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Bachelorette - Des

Old 06-10-13, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
The Bachelorette - Des

I didn't see a thread for this... sorry if it's a repeat.

Seems like she has some pretty good guys overall, but hearing the same old lines about how awesome everyone is and how they feel like they could be falling in love gets so old.

Just laughed my head off at one of the guys. They were playing DODGEBALL and he broke his finger. They rushed him to the hospital to reset it, he passed out from the pain and they were giving him oxygen. :/

I'm female and didn't pass out or anything when I dislocated my knee. They fixed it and sent me on my way (they did give me a shot of something very nice before resetting it ).

I think tonight we're going to have the obligatory guy there for the wrong reason.
Old 06-10-13, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 414 Likes on 299 Posts
Re: The Bachelorette - Des

I havent been watching, but I watched tonight. The dude who's girlfriend showed up was pretty entertaining, definately there for the wrong reasons. I wish they would have made Selma from Sean's season the bachelorette instead.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 06-11-13 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-10-13, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It would have been interesting to see Selma as the bachelorette and would have made a refreshing change. However, I imagine it would have been difficult for her to do the show because of potential problems due to family and religion with having to date so many men. Her parents were opposed to her even kissing publicly.
Old 06-10-13, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My favorite was the guy who feared rejection when he disclosed his type 1 diabetes last week.

Also, is it just me or are the guys this season the biggest wimps of any season? If I was her, I would be tired of everybody's sob stories
Old 06-10-13, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also liked during the first episode when it showed her parking what looked to be a nineties model ford taurus and now she is driving the blue bentley
Old 06-26-13, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This season's guys are worse than the ladies when it comes to drama.

I'm somewhat enjoying the season so far and glad that they cast a bachelorette from a "working class" family rather than the usual rich girl. It's nice to see someone appreciate the beauty and culture of other places because she is literally seeing them for the first time. Not surprised that Mikey was the one to go.
Old 06-26-13, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only recent girl I can see being from money is Emily, and that's because she got pregnant by Ricky Hendricks. Outside of that, she wasn't particularly from money. I saw no evidence Ashley's family was from money. I don't remember Ali's (my favorite Bachelorette) family, but I don't recall thinking she was rich or anything.

I'd say the majority of notable guys on the show are far more accomplished since that's part of the fairy tale. Ben owned a vineyard. Brad owns several successful bars. I'm not quite sure what Jake did besides "pilot", but nevertheless, he was far more accomplished than party girl Vienna. Part of that is the age difference since the show typically casts younger girls than guys. Heck, I think brad was like 38 when he was cast for the 2nd season. Can we imagine a 38-year-old Bachelorette? But part of is because "pretty" ranks higher for guys and "successful" ranks higher for girls.
Old 06-26-13, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MikahC
The only recent girl I can see being from money is Emily, and that's because she got pregnant by Ricky Hendricks. Outside of that, she wasn't particularly from money. I saw no evidence Ashley's family was from money. I don't remember Ali's (my favorite Bachelorette) family, but I don't recall thinking she was rich or anything.

I'd say the majority of notable guys on the show are far more accomplished since that's part of the fairy tale. Ben owned a vineyard. Brad owns several successful bars. I'm not quite sure what Jake did besides "pilot", but nevertheless, he was far more accomplished than party girl Vienna. Part of that is the age difference since the show typically casts younger girls than guys. Heck, I think brad was like 38 when he was cast for the 2nd season. Can we imagine a 38-year-old Bachelorette? But part of is because "pretty" ranks higher for guys and "successful" ranks higher for girls.

Hmmm... I guess that's true.... it just seemed to me that the other girls were so much more at ease in the elegant surroundings, so I guess I assumed they were from more privileged upbringings. Des just seems more "wide-eyed" with the new experiences.

I agree completely that the show is based on a handsome "prince" whisking a beautiful young girl away to a happily ever after... We all know there's no such thing, but it's fun to watch.
Old 06-27-13, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Was Ali the one who ended up with the snowboarder (and later broke up)? I'm getting most of these folks mixed up.
Old 06-27-13, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 377 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
Was Ali the one who ended up with the snowboarder (and later broke up)? I'm getting most of these folks mixed up.
I hate myself for knowing this but Ali ended up with Roberto -- the minor league baseball player. I don't know why or how I know that... usually I can't even remember the episode I watched last night, but I do. I'm going to go take a shower now.
Old 06-27-13, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh, that girl, with the dyed blonde hair and brown eyes. Didn't they break up too?
Old 06-27-13, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Oh, that girl, with the dyed blonde hair and brown eyes. Didn't they break up too?
Yeah, I remember that she broke up with Roberto. I think she later appeared on Bachelor Pad.
Old 06-28-13, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait, there's a world where people don't know Ali Fedotowsky? Ali never appeared on Bachelor Pad.

https://www.facebook.com/AliFedotowsky
https://twitter.com/AliFedotowsky
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Fedotowsky

But it's not just that she's cute. She strikes me as elegant, intelligent, motivated, well-spoken, real, and fierce. I don't think she'd walk around the house for a month with you asking, "Honey, what's wrong?" I think you'd know what's wrong before you get a chance to ask, which I prefer. That said, she's young enough to be my daughter and I'm married with grown children, so it's not like that . But I did like her as a Bachelorette (though I was almost sure nobody she had to choose from was the guy for her).

Of course it's just TV, but I haven't seen or read anything about her that contradicts my thoughts.

Getting back to Des, I don't think I've ever seen a Bachelorette pull a guy in for a kiss as forcefully as did Des in the last episode. I'm normally pointing out to my wife that the kisses are polite. I can always pretty much write off any kiss where the girl has her palms outward against the guy. Sure it can mean, "Your chest feels good, muscular and manly." But most often it means, "Don't put your tongue in my mouth 'cause I'm kissing you goodbye."

Last edited by MikahC; 06-28-13 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-28-13, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 713 Likes on 584 Posts

Ali does that show First Look which comes right after SNL is over.

Old 08-06-13, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did anyone watch last night and could tell me what happened? She probably picked no one, and I did find out Juan Pablo will be the next bachelor. They will definately hype him up as the first Latin Bachelor.
Old 08-06-13, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Did anyone watch last night and could tell me what happened?
Des, still reeling from Brooks' rejection of her, opts to keep both Drew and Chris around in a really awkward rose ceremony.

On their date (horse-riding and lean-to on the beach), Des admits to a remarkably composed Drew that she doesn't see a future with him and he departs.

Des has yet another incredibly boring date on a boat with Chris, but there is obvious chemistry and she invites him to meet her parents and insane brother.

Surprisingly, Des' brother isn't a complete asshole and both he and Des' father give Chris the OK to marry Des.

There's some expected will-she-or-won't-she-accept tension but Chris proposes, she accepts, they cry, blah blah blah.

Studio segments include Brooks (composed and reasonable) and Drew (even more composed and reasonable) and Juan Pablo (whom the ladies in the audience collectively orgasm over).

Chris shows up looking and souding as boring as ever, which means he's really the perfect match for boring-looking and -sounding Des.

The Bachelor premieres in January.
Old 08-06-13, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 377 Likes on 304 Posts

Worst season ever? The wife and I gave up after the second episode... we even fast forwarded thru the first two. The producers needs to mix things up a bit and choose someone a bit more controversial or with more personality... not crying 23 year olds or DB's who claim to be sales executives but really just sell insurance door to door.
Old 08-06-13, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Worst season ever?
Probably.

Was only watchable due to Zack, and maybe some of the guys' meltdowns late in the season.

Des was a poor choice from the beginning. She has zero personality, wasn't particularly articulate, and the guys she favored (Brooks, Chris, Drew) were as bland as she was.
Old 08-06-13, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was surprised that she could get dumped by Brooks and then get engaged to Chris over the course of a few days. However, she did have an easy connection with him and seemed to actually have more genuine feelings for him than she did for Brooks. I think she was blinded by Brooks' good looks and the thought of being with him.

If I was Chris, I wouldn't have jumped into an engagement, knowing that she was going to select someone else only a couple of days before the final rose. I do believe she made the correct choice and that their feelings are mutual, but only time will tell.

It looks like they have a live one lined up with Juan Pablo. There should be plenty of fun and catfights in the next season!
Old 08-06-13, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If they cast the crazies for The Bachelor, it will give them a fresh cast to bring back people if Bachelor Pad comes back next summer.