Revolution -- Season Finale -- "The Dark Tower" -- 6/03/13

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-13, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Revolution -- Season Finale -- "The Dark Tower" -- 6/03/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Life-threatening dangers abound on all sides as the Rebels infiltrate the Tower. Miles' (Billy Burke) leadership abilities and character are sorely tested as well as his feelings for Rachel (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Nora (Danielle Alonso). Aaron's (Zak Orth) genius comes in handy while Tom Neville (Giancarlo Esposito) and Randall Flynn (Colm Feore) bring new meaning to the dark side. Also starring Tracy Spiridakos, JD Pardo, David Lyons, Leslie Hope, Kim Raver, Maria Howell.

Episode 20 of 20

Will be back in the Fall for a 22 episode season. Moving to Wednesdays at 8pm

Very inconsistent season, but I'll be back in the Fall. BTW, Warner Brothers hired Rockne O'Bannon as writer and Executive Producer for season 2.
Old 06-03-13, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Revolution -- Season Finale -- "The Dark Tower" -- 6/03/13

So sad to see that Miles, Neville and Monroe will all be back for Season 2... although I'm not sure I will be. At least Billy Burke showed some brief emotion for a change. There really are no likable characters on this show, so it's hard to care for any of them (or another season).
Old 06-04-13, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Why does it bother so many of you. Just dont watch the fucking show for fuck sake. Move on.

I'll be back next season because it's fun. I dont ANALyze it like most do. It's a fictional TV show.
Old 06-04-13, 01:45 AM

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

This show needs more gay....where are all the gay people once the power went off? Unless they all moved to California, hence the ominous warning...

I'm glad they wrapped things up with the 'no power' storyline.

Altho the reasoning behind nuking the cities was kind of convoluted...so now the country will come back together and reunite because are they tired of all the infighting?

I was disappointed that Nora died. Why didn't Rachel pop out the device in her leg and stick it long enough to heal Nora's wound? They couldn't spare 5 mins for the nanites to fix her up before flipping the switch?

I couldn't help but burst out laughing at Charlie's 'She's dead Mom.'
Old 06-04-13, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

The show does get a lot of flak yet I still enjoy it even if things are ridiculous at times.

Originally Posted by bluesix
I was disappointed that Nora died. Why didn't Rachel pop out the device in her leg and stick it long enough to heal Nora's wound? They couldn't spare 5 mins for the nanites to fix her up before flipping the switch?
'
Timing? It may also need to be programmed differently based on what it did before.
Old 06-04-13, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk God

at Neville giving Monroe shit for his "Erotic fixation" on Miles.

Who said there weren't any gay characters?

So the real POTUS is sitting in Guantonimo Bay waiting for the Monroe Republic to get nuked before he can return and take office. Since we didn't see the POTUS's face, I have to assume that the actor will be cast this offseason.

Of course with that type of cliffhanger, someone or something is going to stop the nukes from going off.

So with the power back on, I guess it's really about re-unifying the USA and destroying Monroe, I mean Neville and his goons for next season.

RIP Nora. I guess that paves the way for Rachel and Miles to eventually hook up.
Old 06-04-13, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTF was with the musical recap?

They killed off the hot chick?
Old 06-04-13, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by dalbowski
WTF was with the musical recap?

They killed off the hot chick?
Supernatural does it too, which is also an Eric Kripke show (he's the creator of both shows). They tend to do a big music-driven recap before the finale.
Old 06-04-13, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Rachel seems so cold most of the time in doing what needs to get done yet if she wasn't they may have never gotten that far in the first place.
Old 06-04-13, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
at Neville giving Monroe shit for his "Erotic fixation" on Miles.

Who said there weren't any gay characters?

So the real POTUS is sitting in Guantonimo Bay waiting for the Monroe Republic to get nuked before he can return and take office. Since we didn't see the POTUS's face, I have to assume that the actor will be cast this offseason.

Of course with that type of cliffhanger, someone or something is going to stop the nukes from going off.

So with the power back on, I guess it's really about re-unifying the USA and destroying Monroe, I mean Neville and his goons for next season.

RIP Nora. I guess that paves the way for Rachel and Miles to eventually hook up.
The President, whoever he is, ordered two cities to be nuked. I think it's safe to assume that he will be the new villain for this show, while Monroe and Neville are relegated to the background.

I mean it's not like this President could have any legitimate claim to be the president of the United States, considering the power's been out 15 years, and the country has been splintered off for so long, so he's really just another guy trying to grab power.

And of course, I'm sure they're not even going to try and explain how power plants that have lied dormant for 15 years all of a sudden start producing power again. Restoring a cell phone battery is one thing. But restarting power plants with no workers? Lights just coming on all over the world?

Line of the night:

"How many more people have to die over this?"

Seriously? How self centered is this girl? It's a freaking global blackout! Even Luke got over losing Obi-Wan, and he was a huge whining pussy. It's like millions of lives dead...no biggie...but millions of deaths + one is just too much.
Old 06-04-13, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing

"How many more people have to die over this?"

Seriously? How self centered is this girl? It's a freaking global blackout! Even Luke got over losing Obi-Wan, and he was a huge whining pussy. It's like millions of lives dead...no biggie...but millions of deaths + one is just too much.
That was a stupid thing of her to say, what was Rachel suppose to do, have everything be for nothing and risk the power not getting turned on after everything they have been though.
Old 06-04-13, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

So has the United States Colony held elections every 4 years during the blackout and that's how they currently have a president or was he elected before the blackout and he's remained in power since then?

And now that the power is back on, it changes the premise of the show. I was originally intrigued about a series where the world had to learn how to live without power, but now that's over.
Old 06-04-13, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Ah, Gitmo.
Old 06-04-13, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did the power come on everywhere when they flipped the switch? Who is working at the power plants? And all the lightbulbs and wires still work after 15 years? My power goes out when the wind blows too hard.

Old 06-04-13, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll continue watching.

I think part of the complaints of some people, it's that it's a sci-fi show that has a lot of potential. But being a network show they have to "dumb it down" so the numbers are right.

I'm fine with how they are handling the story. It has its ups and downs, more downs, but it's still entertaining. And I keep my expectations low.
Old 06-04-13, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
How did the power come on everywhere when they flipped the switch? Who is working at the power plants? And all the lightbulbs and wires still work after 15 years? My power goes out when the wind blows too hard.

Thought the same, there would be major breaks in most places, fifteen years of storms and no one to maintain them? A little wind and rain and there goes the power I could just imagine what places outside the city limits would look like.
Old 06-04-13, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Wait 'til we have more windpower. No power when its calm and the lines are down when its windy.
Old 06-04-13, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

I know that someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the nanites or the project where they were created supposed to be some kind of alternative energy kind of thing?

So when the switch that turns the power back on was flipped, the nanites, which are everywhere, can power up any electric device that happens to be turned "on" (ie, has a completed circuit) whether it's hooked up to a power source or not. Likewise, when the nanites are "off" they won't allow any electric device to be powered.

Remember when that woman (forget her name, she got killed early on) had her iPhone come on? I doubt that battery would carry a charge after fifteen years.
Old 06-04-13, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Anyone other geeks like me out that that tried to analyze Fatty McGoogle's C++ code? It was had something to do with Neighbors and Neighborhoods...at least those seemed to be object/class names. He was using STL at least.
Old 06-04-13, 09:22 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a bad feeling that season 2 is basically going to start with them having to somehow re-engage the nanites in order to stop the nukes, and its back to square one plot-wise.
Old 06-04-13, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thought about another thing, I would have to look again to see how many lights were lamps vs built in because after awhile I would likely just store all the lamps elsewhere just in case yet would find no real reason to have them all over the place when they are useless.

Originally Posted by greydt
I have a bad feeling that season 2 is basically going to start with them having to somehow re-engage the nanites in order to stop the nukes, and its back to square one plot-wise.
It looks like they have about half a minute or less and not even in the room yet which in cliffhanger terms means they have at least half an hour and will get in the room with ease.
Old 06-05-13, 09:57 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Nora? A big Fuck you mom, "She's dead"

I think the better storyline is the POTUS/GITMO thing. I want to see more of it.
Old 06-05-13, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
It looks like they have about half a minute or less and not even in the room yet which in cliffhanger terms means they have at least half an hour and will get in the room with ease.
I don't think they have to get into the room. Chubbs McGoogle just needs turn the midichlorians back on on at the same workstation he just shut them off at.
Old 06-05-13, 04:08 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think (for show purposes) they even need to stop the nukes. All the main characters are in Colorado. Only Neville's wife, a minor character, and the Georgian president, a even minor-er character, are on the East Coast that I can think of.
Old 06-05-13, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by resinrats
I don't think they have to get into the room. Chubbs McGoogle just needs turn the midichlorians back on on at the same workstation he just shut them off at.
I should notice this things, the only reason it was a big deal to get in there was to stop him.

Originally Posted by Lifepawn
I don't think (for show purposes) they even need to stop the nukes. All the main characters are in Colorado. Only Neville's wife, a minor character, and the Georgian president, a even minor-er character, are on the East Coast that I can think of.
Thinking the same thing, they may not stop them since all the main characters are no where near the nukes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.