Marvel's Avengers Assemble - New series on Disney XD

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-13, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Marvel's Avengers Assemble - New series on Disney XD

IMDb page

Wikipedia

An animated series parallel to the record-breaking blockbuster movie Marvel's The Avengers, "Avengers Assemble" sees Iron Man leading the team of mightiest heroes – Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow and newcomer Falcon – who combine their powers to battle threats no single hero could overcome. When the Avengers assemble, evil doesn't stand a chance. The voice cast includes: Adrian Pasdar ("Heroes") as Iron Man, Fred Tatasciore ("Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness") reprising his role as Hulk, Roger Craig Smith (Wreck-It Ralph) as Captain America, Travis Willingham ("Shelf Life") as Thor, Troy Baker ("Ultimate Spider-Man") as Hawkeye, Laura Bailey ("The Super Hero Squad Show") as Black Widow and Bumper Robinson ("The Game") as Falcon. Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, Duncan Rouleau and Steven T. Seagle of Man of Action Studios ("Ben 10," "Generator Rex") will serve as executive producers.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_U3XW8QhApk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xYf0LhvCbtk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

While it is unfortunate that The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was cancelled in favor of moving forward with this series, I will still check it out.

The 1-hour preview, consisting of the first 2 episodes, airs today on Disney XD, while the series officially premieres July 7th, to be paired with Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
Old 05-26-13, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts
Re: Marvel's Avengers Assemble - New series on Disney XD

Both seasons of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes did see a Blu-ray release in Canada, for those so inclined.
Old 05-27-13, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The preview episodes weren't bad, far better than the new Spider-Man series. It's the movie Avengers' lineup with a random black character thrown in, the Falcon, for diversity. Though it appears this Falcon is not good friends already with Captain America before joining the Avengers.

I wasn't really feeling the animation, the character designs looked a little cheap and unpolished for the main heroes. On that score, the new Spidey show is far better.
Old 05-27-13, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

FWIW, Falcon is going to be in the new Captain America movie, so that's likely why he is in this.
Old 07-09-13, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk God

so this just started last week. watched it. it's ok, although it is not as good as the other avengers show. it's also annoying as fuck that the aspect ratio changes several times during the show.
Old 07-09-13, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
it's also annoying as fuck that the aspect ratio changes several times during the show.
This. I thought my remote was on the fritz and flipping the aspect ratios. The shows OK but a step down from the previous iteration especially for adults.
Old 07-10-13, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

so this just started last week. watched it. it's ok, although it is not as good as the other avengers show. it's also annoying as fuck that the aspect ratio changes several times during the show.
That was the most annoying thing I've ever seen in a cartoon. Every action shot had to have a scope aspect ratio.

Since Disney has taken over, they've ended up shuttling the best animated Marvel programs of the past decade, The Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, to replace them with their own bland programs. Congratulations, Disney.
Old 07-10-13, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And let's not even begin to start about Tron: Uprising
Old 07-10-13, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
And let's not even begin to start about Tron: Uprising
Tron is the only one of these Disney XD shows I miss, but at least you can point to lack of interest/toy sales for it's cancellation. I'm still pissed about Young Justice.
Old 07-10-13, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Well, the last Avengers cartoon didn't even have toys, did it?

I can understand them wanting to get closer to the movie universe and having complete control over everything, plus at least they got comic book writers (Man of Action) to write it. But the framing changes and the split screen and the animation models (especially faces) that can't stay on model as perspectives change... ugh. Not that the last Avengers cartoon had awesome animation or anything, but something about the animation in this one bugs me.
Old 07-10-13, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fujishig
Not that the last Avengers cartoon had awesome animation or anything, but something about the animation in this one bugs me.
It looks like they've cut the animation budget down to the bone for Avengers Assemble. My guess is that it was rushed into production once Disney made the decision to cancel Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
Old 07-10-13, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cleaver
Tron is the only one of these Disney XD shows I miss, but at least you can point to lack of interest/toy sales for it's cancellation. I'm still pissed about Young Justice.
Oh I'm with you on YJ, but I also blame XD for constantly shifting Tron all over the schedule with no real promotion so you never knew when it was on.

I mean the last couple of episodes were burned off at 1 in the morning on random Sat's. A good chunk of them I've never seen cause I had no idea they ever aired.
Old 07-11-13, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah, Disney's been great for the movies terrible for the shows. Tron Uprising is on Netflix, I missed several episodes also and I had a season pass.
Old 07-17-13, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk God

another episode with constantly changing aspect ratios. i seriously wonder who in the hell at disney signed off on it. it seriously takes me completely out of the show.
Old 07-17-13, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

another episode with constantly changing aspect ratios. i seriously wonder who in the hell at disney signed off on it. it seriously takes me completely out of the show.
If you look closely, it is fairly obvious the animation in those sequences were never designed for the wider aspect ratio. Someone after the fact looks to have placed hard mattes on top of the 16x9 frame at random moments.

It might be a show-killing decision. I get the intent, they wanted this show to be more theatrical and remind kids of the Avengers' movie. Instead it looks amateurish and works as a complete distraction.
Old 07-22-13, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Michael Clarke Duncan's penultimate screen credit was as Groot.
Old 07-22-13, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's very distracting, almost to the point where the show becomes unwatchable. I really hope they end up reverting to a standard 16:9 ratio in later episodes.
Old 07-22-13, 04:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The way the characters are drawn (in particular the Hulk) and the somewhat muted colors reminded me immediately of the distinctive way the characters were drawn in the animated series Jackie Chan Adventures. But according to imdb, the two series don't have a production company in common.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2455546/...?ref_=tt_dt_co

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259141/...?ref_=tt_dt_co

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rough_Draft_Studios

Last edited by Matt_; 07-22-13 at 04:33 AM.
Old 12-23-13, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I never read any of the comics for any of these characters, but in the comics did Hulk always stay Hulk 100% of the time?
seems like when they're just chilling in the tower Hulk should revert back to Banner
Old 12-23-13, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mikehunt
I never read any of the comics for any of these characters, but in the comics did Hulk always stay Hulk 100% of the time?
seems like when they're just chilling in the tower Hulk should revert back to Banner
There would be periods when he remained in Hulk form, though this vaguely intelligent Green Hulk running around is basically a new variety, made in the last couple of decades. Marvel abandoned the child-like Hulk that often reverted to Banner years ago in the comics, except for brief periods.
Old 12-24-13, 09:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The past few episodes have teetered between pretty cool (the recent Dr. Doom changes time while Thor's away - loved Heimdal noticing it ... ) to pretty goofy (Iron Man and Cap undercover).
Old 12-24-13, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I like them bringing in spiderman and thing, and then mentioning the rest of the fantastic 4 by name

Last edited by mikehunt; 12-25-13 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-24-13, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk God

I agree that the show has taken a turn for the better. I think the Thor time travel one was the best episode of the series.
Old 12-25-13, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why the hell does this say Iron Man is the leader of The Avengers?!?!?!?
Old 12-27-13, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Iron Man is Marvel's most popular character. So of course he will lead it. Its not like he hasn't lead the Avengers in the comics.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.