Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Does Someone Have To Go-Fox

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-13, 04:40 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Does Someone Have To Go-Fox

Well, anyone see this and have an opinion?? I happened to catch it last night after Hell's Kitchen. I still wonder how these are "sold" to the participants as they always seem to make the participants look, well, at least foolish.

From Fox website:

On the new unscripted workplace experiment DOES SOMEONE HAVE TO GO?, the boardroom doors get blown wide open when employees are given the power to make some tough decisions. Frustrated bosses will hand over the reins of their companies to the employees, offering their respective staffs a chance to make changes in the workplace – even if it means letting co-workers go.

Almost every office across the country has some level of dysfunction, which often can be attributed to just a few select individuals – those co-workers who might be viewed as anything from lazy to incompetent to quite simply having a toxic personality that poisons the entire workplace. The difficult part for the employees is that, most of the time, the boss isn’t even aware of how bad the problem is, and the only person who can do anything about it IS the boss. That is, until now!
Old 05-24-13, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts
Re: Does Someone Have To Go-Fox

When I first saw the commercial to this show (when it was called Toxic Office) the only question I had was if this VMS was an alarm company...
Old 05-24-13, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts

I caught the opening episode and found it reasonably engaging, and somewhat less gimmicky and manipulative than the usual Fox swill.

How is this supposed to play out, though? Is the focus on this one business for an entire season? That could become tiresome. Also, what happened to some people being demoted and others having their salaries cut? That aspect seemed to have been dropped by the end. Instead they were focusing on the three employees chosen for possible dismissal.
As for the people,
Spoiler:
I couldn't believe that douche Shawn didn't make it into the final three. I also couldn't believe they chose Uncle Mike, the lowest paid, oldest employee for the final three. Maybe he isn't the most efficient, but he's very affable. Also, given his relatively low salary, Zoe was a surprise, though they all think of him as lazy. Kout being in the final three was not a shock, but judging by the previews for next week, the boss doesn't take it too well.
Old 05-24-13, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Punctuation in thread title is confusing