The Good Wife -- Season Finale -- "What's In The Box?" -- 4/28/13

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-13, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Good Wife -- Season Finale -- "What's In The Box?" -- 4/28/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Martha Plimpton, T.R. Knight, Denis O'Hare, Dylan Baker, Ana Gasteyer and Estelle Parsons Guest Star

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg Appears as Himself

"What's In The Box?" - On the night of Peter's gubernatorial election, Alicia, Will and Diane race to a series of emergency court proceedings when Zach believes he's witnessed vote tampering. Meanwhile, an unlikely source offers Cary aid to start his own firm, while the conflicted feelings Alicia has in her personal and professional lives come to a head, on the fourth season finale of THE GOOD WIFE, Sunday, April 28 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Episode 22 of 22

In case you aren't aware, this was renewed for a 5th season last month. Will return in the Fall. Hope they move it to a different day so it doesn't get killed by the glut of Sunday programs and Football overrun.

Preview:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pJYBvYIZU_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-28-13, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: The Good Wife -- Season Finale -- "What's In The Box?" -- 4/28/13

Next season cant get here soon enough for me.
Old 04-29-13, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts

That's certainly not the ending I expected but it made a lot of sense. It will interesting to see how things work out next season.
Old 04-29-13, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Excellent season ender - top notch acting and almost no minute wasted even with the plethora of recurring characters, guest stars ( Patti Nyholm). Four seasons and this serial/procedural still feels fresh.

- Beautiful use of Joan Osborne's "Lumina"...made me want to pull out my Relish CD afterwards.

- Eli and his love of horror movies.

Stupid, stupid me for thinking Will would actually show up at Alicia's apt. Makes sense she would want to put some distance after Peter's victory.

This was a solid season even with the misstep of Kalinda's husband outstaying his welcome. I hope the show doesn't make the same mistake and have Jackie's nurse become an unwanted thorn next season.

A
Old 04-30-13, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Epic episode!

I was expecting Will too--didn't see that coming.

What did Jackie whisper in Peter's ear--something about letting her have her own life? Not sure where that came from.
Old 04-30-13, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
What did Jackie whisper in Peter's ear--something about letting her have her own life? Not sure where that came from.
She basically said "It's my life, stay out of it!"
Old 04-30-13, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That was Jackie's way of saying don't try to pay my boy toy to stay away. Hopefully Eli or Peter can put a stop on that check they wrote him!
Old 04-30-13, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunde
She basically said "It's my life, stay out of it!"
Originally Posted by lisadoris
That was Jackie's way of saying don't try to pay my boy toy to stay away. Hopefully Eli or Peter can put a stop on that check they wrote him!
Thanks! I'd forgotten about that plotline.
Old 04-30-13, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Epic episode!

I was expecting Will too--didn't see that coming.

great season finale. I knew they had done the Will/Alicia thing to death so I knew it was going to be Cary she invited since she needed to create distance.

They are probably going to ship this show off to Friday but I hope they can continue with strong storylines in the future.
Old 05-01-13, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

great season, and the ratings did get a bump the last episode... so finished very strong!

i think alicia realzied she couldnt work with will anymore once she realized she wanted to make her marriage work

and it didnt hurt that the partners were very very greedy..

great time for a reboot and have her move to the new firm...
Old 05-03-13, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Really solid season finale. Went through a 5 episode marathon over the last 2 days to finish things up.

Okay, I have a question...Was Will trying to blackmail Peter because Jim Moody clearly tampered with those votes? I know Peter had no knowledge of it and those votes ended up being insignificant. Will pisses me off sometimes, he can be flat out scum.

I am happy about the new dynamic with Alicia joining Cary's firm to distance herself from Will.

I am happy that Alicia is finally trying to make her marriage. Peter has been pretty loyal since he got out his prison late in season 1. Alicia is the one who has been wishy washy.
Old 05-03-13, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Okay, I have a question...Was Will trying to blackmail Peter because Jim Moody clearly tampered with those votes? I know Peter had no knowledge of it and those votes ended up being insignificant. Will pisses me off sometimes, he can be flat out scum.
I didn't get the impression that Will was trying to blackmail Peter: I think Will genuinely didn't know what to do in this situation. Peter is his client so turning over the footage would not have been in his client's best interest but tampering with an election is a huge deal so not turning it over causes a huge ethical dilemma. Add to that the fact that Will would be responsible for landing Peter back in legal trouble and that would put a strain on Will's relationship with Alicia. I think that's why the writers put in the fact that Peter won the election by a landslide: it made the fraudulent ballots a moot point as far as the election's outcome was concerned.
Old 06-17-13, 11:52 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skatefan20
Excellent season ender - top notch acting and almost no minute wasted even with the plethora of recurring characters, guest stars ( Patti Nyholm). Four seasons and this serial/procedural still feels fresh.

- Beautiful use of Joan Osborne's "Lumina"...made me want to pull out my Relish CD afterwards.

- Eli and his love of horror movies.

Stupid, stupid me for thinking Will would actually show up at Alicia's apt. Makes sense she would want to put some distance after Peter's victory.

This was a solid season even with the misstep of Kalinda's husband outstaying his welcome. I hope the show doesn't make the same mistake and have Jackie's nurse become an unwanted thorn next season.

A
I expected that it would be Will as well, but I think that was the obvious thought and the reveal was effective. So it seems next season is shaping up for Alicia to venture out on her own with Cary. She stated she was going to renew her vows with Peter.. but I wonder if part of that was just to not rock the boat at a critical time. Will is being coaxed by Alicia's mother to pursue her and not give up.

Very looking forward to next season and I too hope they move it from Sunday. Its a shame that a top notch show like this is in Sunday hell where it is constantly bumped in time by sports running over and because CBS insists on showing the full hour of 60 Minutes. If they would just run that in progress and start the 8pm shows at 8pm, there wouldn't be as much loathing of that night for programming.
Old 06-17-13, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Vryce
Very looking forward to next season and I too hope they move it from Sunday. Its a shame that a top notch show like this is in Sunday hell where it is constantly bumped in time by sports running over and because CBS insists on showing the full hour of 60 Minutes. If they would just run that in progress and start the 8pm shows at 8pm, there wouldn't be as much loathing of that night for programming.
CBS just announced their fall premiere dates and The Good Wife is staying put on Sundays: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/17/cb...miere-dates-2/ (premieres Sept. 29 FYI). Oh well, a move would have been great but as long as Comcast continues to offer the show on demand, I can work around the sports overruns.