Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

History Thursday night - Swamp People/Chasing Tail/Counting Cars

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-13, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
History Thursday night - Swamp People/Chasing Tail/Counting Cars

It's a nice change from Pawn Stars, which I'm burnt out on.

Swamp People - again, I think the cast is too big. We've only seen Glenn Guist twice and he has the biggest story to tell. Still incredible to watch Liz fight with her daughter like that. And I think the Mollinieres are a little too hardcore about being Indians.

Chasing Tail - An embarrassment. Ok, I know there's a ton of deer in Fairfield County, I lived there (the show is set in New Canaan) but the way both the hunters and the home owners come off makes everyone dislikable. I'm glad this show only runs for 5 weeks.

Counting Cars - Pretty cool this season. Someone pulled Danny over to buy his car in a previous episode, a reverse of what usually happens. He did a bitchin paint job for a kid's boxcar last night and a great restoration for another teen's birthday truck. Seems last night was teen night.

Overall, I'm liking Counting Cars a lot more this season because they pretty much eliminated that fat business guy who constantly bitched about money. Also, Danny seems to be acting like a business man and not a rich kid with a hobby.

Chasing Tail can vanish. As for Swamp People, they kinda faked it the other night. Troy claimed an alligator injured him bad, that his sock was all bloody, but we saw it come off and there was no blood or broken skin. Supposedly he slept with his foot in epsom salt and that cleared out the infection, but epsom salt isn't for infection, it's for muscle aches. Makes me wonder if Junior really did accidentally shoot Willie for a third time. (which he did, and Willie quit working with him, saying he was tired of being shot)
Old 04-19-13, 12:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: History Thursday night - Swamp People/Chasing Tail/Counting Cars

I like Pawn Stars And Counting Cars, but I've never understood how shows like that or like Axe Men are on the HISTORY channel....
Old 04-19-13, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I really like Counting Cars a lot. Danny is a charismatic guy and seems like he'd be cool in real life. I'm just hoping that the show doesn't fall into the same trap as other History Channel shows such as American Restoration and eventually focuses more on the guys doing stupid shit around the shop instead of actually showing them doing stuff.

Swamp People and Chasing Tail aren't really for me I guess. As far as how shows like this fit on the History Channel, they really don't but face it they're ratings makers for the channel and cheap to produce.
Old 04-19-13, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

I like Counting Cars as well. I got hooked on it earlier this year when my sister called me and told me they were restoring a 1961 or 1964 Ford Falcon Ranchero. I have a 1962 going through restoration right now. Little did I know it got turned into a pool table.
Old 05-02-13, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Did anyone see tonight's Swamp People (5/2/13)? That sinkhole was pretty remarkable. I'm wondering how that happens. How do you get a sinkhole in a swamp.

Chasing Tail... I really need to change the channel. These guys are just so dislikable.

Counting Cars: the 1960 Chevy restoration was badass, but I have to wonder who the hell that dude was that threw $25,000 at the guys to repaint it pink. Or if it was even real.

For me, the real treat was seeing Danny has a host of a Las Vegas TV horror show back in the 1980s where he dressed up as a vampire. He was basically a male Elvira, which means not as hot.