Dallas -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "Guilt by Association/Legacies" -- 4/15/13

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-13, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Dallas -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "Guilt by Association/Legacies" -- 4/15/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Dallas Season Finale Part 1: "Guilt By Association" - Monday, April 15, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT)

When John Ross and Pamela make a shocking discovery about an enemy's whereabouts the night J.R. was killed, Bobby is compelled to reveal more of J.R.'s master plan to them and ask for their help in a surprising way. Meanwhile, Christopher heads out to search for his mother, but as an unexpected secret comes to light, a rift drives Christopher and Elena apart. At the same time, Sue Ellen makes an impassioned plea to convince Ken Richards (guest star Lee Majors) to do the right thing, even though it may have dire consequences for him.

Directed by Jesse Bocho

Written by Taylor Hamra

Dallas Season Finale Part 2: "Legacies" - Monday, April 15, at 10 p.m. (ET/PT)

In the electrifying second season finale, the Ewings unite to execute J.R.'s master plan. Twists and turns abound as each family member tries to ensure its success in ways that would make even a scoundrel like J.R. Ewing proud. When the shocking answer to the question "Who killed J.R.?" is finally revealed, the stage is deliciously set for new alliances and new battles to begin.

Directed by Steve Robin

Written by Cynthia Cidre and Robert Rovner

Tonight is the last 2 episodes of the season. If you're wondering why TNT burned through 4 hours over the last 2 weeks, NBA Playoffs start next week and TNT has extensive coverage.

TNT has not renewed this yet for a 3rd season.
Old 04-15-13, 06:45 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Dallas -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "Guilt by Association/Legacies" -- 4/15/13

complete guilty pleasure... hope it comes back, even though it is a shell of itself without JR.
Old 04-15-13, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Dallas -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "Guilt by Association/Legacies" -- 4/15/13

Ratings have been pretty steady and I think the show can survive without Hagman. Josh Henderson IMO has upped his game as an actor. Even though some of you don't really care for Patrick Duffy's acting, I think he will work carrying the show as the Patriarch of the family.

Depending on what happens in these last 2 hours, I think they should consider bringing back another alumnus as a regular or recurring character.
Old 04-15-13, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
complete guilty pleasure... hope it comes back, even though it is a shell of itself without JR.
J.R.'s part was so small prior to his death that I don't think his absence matters much. And when he was in it, his eyebrows and frailty made it hard for me to take him seriously. To me, he mostly served as comic relief (I miss his one-liners) because his part on this show wasn't as vital as it was on the old show. I think the show can survive without him if the writers can come up with intriguing and plausible storylines. More relatives coming out of the woodwork would help too. Time will tell, I guess.
Old 04-15-13, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Very entertaining 2 hours, but I'm a bit disappointed with the outcome of Chris' search for his mother. I recall the episode on the old show that Pam's husband/doctor (Sam Anderson) referred to, so it was cool that these writers honored what came before. But still, I had hope of a mother-son reunion. Like last season, this one didn't end with a cliffhanger. Sure, there were unanswered questions, but there wasn't a shocking final shot like the old series always had, leaving viewers to ponder a question similar to "Who shot J.R.?," "Who shot Bobby?," "Who's dead in the pool?," etc. That was a Dallas tradition, but the producers of the new show seem to have discarded it.
Old 04-15-13, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bum shot JR?
Pretty good finale although part of me wished Pamela had been alive.
Great to see Cliff finally get his.
Old 04-15-13, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

I enjoyed both episodes. Plenty of shit stirring for another season. Hopefully TNT gives it another go.

I really thought John Ross was going to get shot in that hotel room at the end. Ah well. Maybe we'll get a cliffhanger next year.
Old 04-15-13, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
TNT has not renewed this yet for a 3rd season.
Patrick Duffy gave a recent interview that seems to indicate a 3rd season will be ordered. Besides, no way they leave THAT much story untold with John Ross! I think it's a good chance the show comes back.

I've also heard that they're considering moving it back to a summer series, which would be smart. It'll get much better ratings and can become the go-to TV guilty pleasure during the season's dog days.

I must compliment Josh Henderson. He really has taken his role by the horns and is running with it. The show can definitely be built around him now. I think they wanted to see if he can do the heavy lifting left vacant by Hagman's passing. And it looks like he can.
Old 04-16-13, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why was it necessary to dig up J.R. in order to remove the bullets that killed him? Wouldn't they have been removed during an autopsy right after he was killed?
Old 04-16-13, 07:40 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

I only watched the first hour so far... but when Chris was talking to that doctor... I half expected him to say... "I am your mother."
Old 04-16-13, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 624 Likes on 482 Posts

Josh Henderson has really stepped up as the star of this show. It almost felt like watching a reboot with a new actor playing JR rather than a continuation of the old show.

Taking the bullets out of JR bugged me. As said before, an initial autopsy would have resulted in those slugs being removed. And I too expect John Ross to get shot at the end.

The only "cliffhanger" we got was Elena's cartel/guerrilla/whatever ties. I felt that was a bit of a stretch but this is Dallas after all. I do hope she bites it next season. Her incessant whining and nagging made a whiner like Christopher seem calm and collected by comparison. And I still feel her brother's plan worked despite large amounts of idiocy.

Originally Posted by dex14
I only watched the first hour so far... but when Chris was talking to that doctor... I half expected him to say... "I am your mother."
I said that while the scene was playing out.
Old 04-16-13, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

I really wish they'd included a "don't let the bastards get you down" line in JR's letter.
Old 04-16-13, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Yeah, digging up JR's body to extract the bullets made no sense. That would have been in the initial autopsy.

Overall, entertaining 2 hours. Alot of stuff transpired. The only sort of cliffhanger was the stuff with Elena/Cliff and JR screwing over her Dad. Seems like they are setting up a vengeful Elena for season 3.

I fucking loved Chris going off on Elena for lying to him.

I was surprised by the outcome of the whole "Who shot JR?" thing. But in the end, JR sacrificed himself to end the feud with the Barnes.

at John Ross. Picking up where his Daddy left off. Josh Henderson was awesome. I knew right away when he got the flowers and went to that apartment he was seeing Emma.
Old 04-16-13, 09:35 AM

But in the end, JR sacrificed himself to end the feud with the Barnes.
Not exactly, he only had a couple days left to live. I'm sure he would have much rather taken Cliff down himself and been able to see it.
Old 04-16-13, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 624 Likes on 482 Posts

at John Ross. Picking up where his Daddy left off. Josh Henderson was awesome. I knew right away when he got the flowers and went to that apartment he was seeing Emma.
Yeah, that was expected. Which is why I expected/hoped we'd get a twist with John Ross getting shot at the end. It would have made his transformation into the new JR complete.
Old 04-16-13, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Fitting that J.R. went out on his own terms; and I love what his tombstone says ("the only deal he ever lost"). The John Ross following in his footsteps is playing out nicely.

I agree that TNT should have this as a summer show. Though it's still better than anything else the networks can offer on a Monday night.
Old 04-16-13, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Since Cliff was guilty of ordering the bombing knowing that his pregnant daughter was on there I have no problem with them framing him for JR's murder
Old 04-16-13, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rating...able_20130415/

2.8M viewers for hour 1, 3M viewers for hour 2. With DVR numbers added it will probably be close to 7M viewers for the 2 hours. I think TNT will renew it. However, the question is, do you bring it back January 2014 or hold it until Summer 2014?
Old 04-16-13, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Fitting that J.R. went out on his own terms; and I love what his tombstone says ("the only deal he ever lost"). .
Love that part. I also would have been fine if they had ended the series with the scene of John Ross being the last one at JR's grave.
Old 04-16-13, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rating...able_20130415/

2.8M viewers for hour 1, 3M viewers for hour 2. With DVR numbers added it will probably be close to 7M viewers for the 2 hours. I think TNT will renew it. However, the question is, do you bring it back January 2014 or hold it until Summer 2014?
Naturally, I'd like it back in January, but if holding it until next summer will boost its ratings and secure a fourth season, then I'm ok with TNT holding it till then.
Old 04-17-13, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How did John Ross and Pamela gain access to Cliff's safe deposit box? Are we to assume they paid off the bank teller?

What do you suppose was in the case that Emma stole from Harris's safe and gave to John Ross at the end? It looked like more records, but wasn't the book she stole from the safe and gave to Ann enough evidence to convict Harris? It was enough to get him arrested.

Why do you suppose Elena sought out Joaquin (who looks like he may be on the wrong side of the law judging by the armed goons guarding his hacienda)? Do they want us to think she'd like him to use his power to get revenge against the Ewings? She still loves Christopher, so I can't imagine she'd turn on him or his family so quickly. Maybe she'd like Joaquin to take out Cliff in prison as a way to get back on Christopher's good side.
Old 04-17-13, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

They are obviously turning Elena evil. It's a soap opera, and that's a soap opera staple.
Old 04-17-13, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I questioned the bullets angle as well but then would the autopsy have been done in Mexico and not the US? Do we know that an autopsy was even done, I don't know Mexican law concerning that? If they had done the autopsy and removed the bullets then the story that Carlos and Bobby came up with that it was a Saturday Night special wouldn't have been believable so maybe it was done to keep the storyline.
Old 04-30-13, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/tnts...-third-season/

Renewed for a 3rd season. 15 episodes
Old 04-30-13, 01:37 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Thank you! But dumb of them to launch in the winter again...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.