Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dallas - "A Call to Arms"/"Love & Family" - 4/8/13

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-13, 01:04 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts
Dallas - "A Call to Arms"/"Love & Family" - 4/8/13

Season 2, Episode 12
Episode Synopsis: Ewing Energies is on the verge of collapse, so the Ewings fight back and gain inspiration from J.R.'s master plan. Elsewhere, Christopher and John Ross plot to turn Pamela against her father; Bobby tries to expose Ryland's crimes; Emma and Drew continue to divide; and Christopher searches for his mother. Original Air Date: Apr 8, 2013
Season 2, Episode 13
Episode Synopsis: Trust issues unfold when Pamela seemingly proves her loyalty to John Ross, who then reveals J.R.'s master plan to her. Meanwhile, Drew divulges a dark secret to Elena, who then must choose between family or love; and Bobby battles Cliff Barnes for control of Ewing Energies. Original Air Date: Apr 8, 2013
Back to back episodes tonight starting an hour earlier.

Episodes 14 & 15 will air next week to close out the season.

Last edited by dex14; 04-08-13 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-08-13, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Dallas - "A Call to Arms"/"Love & Family" - 4/8/13

Is this the season finale? Or is that next week?
Old 04-08-13, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

15 episodes this season

2 more left
Old 04-08-13, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya
15 episodes this season

2 more left
Thanks. I thoght it might be the finale since they were burning two episodes in a row. Seems kind of random to do that two weeks before the finale.
Old 04-08-13, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

The finale is next week though, right? So another two episodes next Monday?
Old 04-08-13, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
The finale is next week though, right? So another two episodes next Monday?
Yes. 2 episodes next Monday.
Old 04-08-13, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh well then that makes sense.

I hope they manage to get more older cast members back for season 3 and maybe even sign them on as regulars.
Old 04-08-13, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Oh well then that makes sense.

I hope they manage to get more older cast members back for season 3 and maybe even sign them on as regulars.
Hopefully they get a 3rd. As of now, still not renewed.
Old 04-08-13, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Looks like they are burning off 4 episodes over 2 weeks because of the NBA playoffs starting at the end of this month TNT.
Old 04-09-13, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I missed one episode. The one where Lee Majors first guest starred this season. Ryland's mother is dead, right? He's just pretending that she's in some hospice care after threw her down the stairs, right?
Old 04-09-13, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't watched these last two episodes but the last I saw of his mother she was in the back of an ambulance being administered good night drugs.
Old 04-10-13, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't seen it in a few weeks. Did they ever show or mention Gary and Val again?
Old 04-10-13, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk God

I watched the last 3 episodes tonight including the 2 from Monday.

Holy shit, lots of stuff transpired. Total soap opera craziness.

Absolutely loving Josh Henderson's work as John Ross lately. He's really grown as an actor and his character is showing a lot of JR's personality. at John Ross and Pamela getting married at the end after he sent the text to Bobby about her shares going to him. They are a match made in heaven. I actually really like their pairing as a couple now.

So regarding the whole hunt for Pam. They are really setting up a possible return. However, Victoria Principal came out to the press about 1 month ago and said she had absolutely no intention of returning to play Pam again. Unless the whole thing was a smoke screen, I have a feeling this Pam storyline is just a red herring and she won't make an appearance in the finale.
Old 04-10-13, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

I'm still baffled at what J.R.'s master plan is....is it simply let Cliff implode as Bobby said? Though that usually worked in the original.
Old 04-10-13, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Both episodes were pretty good this week. Loving the build up to the finale. I also really like that Bobby and John Ross are getting closer as a family while Christopher's spinning off in another direction. If the show gets a 3rd season, I hope they build on that.

Don't like that they're ridiculously stretching out Drew's story. He confesses. Runs away. His handler gets off and now Drew is looking for him. Why didn't he just stick around in the first place? Would have saved a whole lot of time.
Old 04-10-13, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I watched the last 3 episodes tonight including the 2 from Monday.

Holy shit, lots of stuff transpired. Total soap opera craziness.

Absolutely loving Josh Henderson's work as John Ross lately. He's really grown as an actor and his character is showing a lot of JR's personality. at John Ross and Pamela getting married at the end after he sent the text to Bobby about her shares going to him. They are a match made in heaven. I actually really like their pairing as a couple now.

So regarding the whole hunt for Pam. They are really setting up a possible return. However, Victoria Principal came out to the press about 1 month ago and said she had absolutely no intention of returning to play Pam again. Unless the whole thing was a smoke screen, I have a feeling this Pam storyline is just a red herring and she won't make an appearance in the finale.
Except they don't need Victoria Principal. Sure it would be nice but after the car accident they can explain the differences to plastic surgery as long as the general height is correct. Besides she's changed a lot anyway. I don't know I would have recognized her.

Old 04-10-13, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

I just can't wait to see Ryland's demise.
Old 04-11-13, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I liked both episodes, but how could John Ross and Pamela have gotten a marriage license within 24 hours? Is Pamela only marrying him to give him her share of Barnes Global as a way of pissing off Cliff? That's a bit hard to believe considering how much $ is involved. And I still find it hard to believe that Cliff ordered the rig blown up even though he knew there was a chance it would kill his grandkids (and did). If all the shit J.R. did to him over the years didn't drive him to attempt murder on the old show, why would he become a murderer now and kill innocent people?
Old 04-11-13, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
I liked both episodes, but how could John Ross and Pamela have gotten a marriage license within 24 hours? Is Pamela only marrying him to give him her share of Barnes Global as a way of pissing off Cliff? That's a bit hard to believe considering how much $ is involved. And I still find it hard to believe that Cliff ordered the rig blown up even though he knew there was a chance it would kill his grandkids (and did). If all the shit J.R. did to him over the years didn't drive him to attempt murder on the old show, why would he become a murderer now and kill innocent people?
I look back at the scene when he made the call and Cliff had an extreme sense of desperation about him. I have a funny feeling it will be revealed that his company is really deep down the shitter (and he possibly has dealings with the same Cartel linked to Ryland) and he found himself in a point of no return scenario with the bombing. He needed the Ewings permanently out of the way.

It might also tie to Pamela Barnes (Christopher's mom). Perhaps, despite her hatred for JR, Cliff knew she'd have sided with Bobby in this particular instance and Cliff panicked.
Old 04-11-13, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

It's Dallas.
Old 04-11-13, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

The same way there just happened to be a Venezuelan consulate in Dallas.
Old 04-13-13, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by John Galt
The same way there just happened to be a Venezuelan consulate in Dallas.
maybe they had taken a road trip to Houston for that part