Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Fox picks up Raising Hope, New Girl, The Following and Mindy Project for next year

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fox picks up Raising Hope, New Girl, The Following and Mindy Project for next year

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-13, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fox/f...52612466075557

FOX has ordered a second season of the year’s most thrilling new series THE FOLLOWING, it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, Chairman of Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.

“From the very beginning, we felt Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega had created a high-quality, edge-of-your-seat drama that could break from the pack, and it is exciting to see the audience responding,” said Reilly. “Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy have given us two of the most compelling characters on television and the entire cast is incredible. I’m delighted to have this thrill ride continue on FOX for another season.”
Very Nice!
Old 03-04-13, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Re: Fox picks up Raising Hope, New Girl, The Following and Mindy Project for next yea

Zero surprises. Though people keep bringing up "Where the hell is Glee"
Old 03-04-13, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fox picks up Raising Hope, New Girl, The Following and Mindy Project for next yea

I was worried about raising hope. Really glad it's coming back.
Old 03-04-13, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I guess this means Purefoy is escaping prison at the end of the season in the Following.
Old 03-04-13, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
Zero surprises. Though people keep bringing up "Where the hell is Glee"
That was the very first few comments I saw, I think its time to end Glee, but who knows.
Old 03-04-13, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hooray for Raising Hope! Just started rewatching my Earl episodes after seeing that "reunion" epsiode recently. Great stuff!
Old 03-04-13, 03:59 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

too bad Ben & Kate got axed.
Old 03-04-13, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

New Girl and Raising Hope.
Old 03-04-13, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

So when will they announce Touch is canceled?
Old 03-04-13, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only watch New Girl so that's good news. I've never seen an ep but based on the promos I expected Mindy to be one and done. It seems to be doing OK in the ratings even though it looses a lot of it's lead in. Is the show actually any good?
Old 03-04-13, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
So when will they announce Touch is canceled?
Probably at the upfronts in May. They should let it finish out the second season which ends in April anyway, I think. Keifer is already signed on to another show for next season.
Old 03-04-13, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wmansir
I only watch New Girl so that's good news. I've never seen an ep but based on the promos I expected Mindy to be one and done. It seems to be doing OK in the ratings even though it looses a lot of it's lead in. Is the show actually any good?
Mindy has its moments where it's very good. Unfortunately, these are just moments as the overall show is average.
Old 03-04-13, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Good to hear. While I liked New Girl from the get go, it's gotten even better this season.

Originally Posted by windom
Probably at the upfronts in May. They should let it finish out the second season which ends in April anyway, I think. Keifer is already signed on to another show for next season.
So even if Touch gets canceled he probably won't be free to film the 24 movie? (THERE IS NO TIME! DAMMIT!)
Old 03-04-13, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Good to hear. While I liked New Girl from the get go, it's gotten even better this season.

So even if Touch gets canceled he probably won't be free to film the 24 movie? (THERE IS NO TIME! DAMMIT!)
I think it's an NBC show though, so no one will watch it.
Old 03-04-13, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Kiefer hasn't signed on for that NBC show he was offered yet.

If I were him, I would pass on doing another show, especially on NBC, and focus on his film career.

As for 24, he recently said that it's out of his hands now. It's up to FOX whether they want to do it or not.
Old 03-04-13, 09:55 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

No surprises here.

Touch is a goner. Glee will be back, hopefully for a final Season. Show is dropping fast. Very much like what happened with The OC.
Old 03-04-13, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
I guess this means Purefoy is escaping prison at the end of the season in the Following.
Or not.
Old 03-04-13, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by wmansir
...but based on the promos I expected Mindy to be one and done. It seems to be doing OK in the ratings even though it looses a lot of it's lead in. Is the show actually any good?
Caught four eps during a flight last month and really enjoyed it, so much so that when I plan on renting the seasons I've missed. Uneven, yes, but when it hits its mark, it's hilarious.
Old 03-04-13, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

I'm very close to giving up on The Following. It's just so ridiculous. And it's the only FOX show I watch now that Fringe is done.
Old 03-04-13, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Caught four eps during a flight last month and really enjoyed it, so much so that when I plan on renting the seasons I've missed. Uneven, yes, but when it hits its mark, it's hilarious.
Seasons of what?
Old 03-04-13, 11:06 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Glad Raising Hope and Mindy both got renewals.
Old 03-05-13, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by RichC2
Seasons of what?
Didn't realize this was Mindy's first season.

Old 03-05-13, 02:54 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by scott1598
too bad Ben & Kate got axed.
Ben & Kate was horrible, Kate was cute Ben was annoying.
Old 03-05-13, 04:46 AM

YAY for Raising Hope!

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe
Ben & Kate was horrible, Kate was cute Ben was annoying.

I really do hate that guy.
Old 03-05-13, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Mindy gets better definitely. Excited to see it coming back.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.