Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

dt2500 for 12x15 room?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

dt2500 for 12x15 room?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-00, 02:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was looking at the Cambridge SoundWorks DeskTop Theater DTT2500 Digital (since the $50). anyone know if this can satisfy a 12 feet by 15 feet room? the tv area is actually about 3/5 of that space. do you think this system is good enough for that?

i read in some post about 1-2 months old that they're releasing a 3100. any info on that?

i can always get a new receiver in the future that supports dts and keep these speakers, right?

i have a pretty old tv.. cable and the audio/visual parts. this will work with any thing, right?

also when i go to review sites, i don't end up getting any results when searching for Cambridge SoundWorks DeskTop Theater DTT2500 Digital. what should i search for?

thanks from the circusmunkee.
Old 11-02-00, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have it in my 12'x16' 3" dorm room and it sounds awesome. Plenty loud even with the included woofer. I use it in my bedroom at home which is slightly bigger too and it sounds just as good. The 3500 is coming out soon and has an optical input, an extra analog in, and a remote control(possibly a larger woofer but i'm not sure). Either way, this one has a preamp output for a powered woofer so I'm set if i want to add more bass. good luck.

------------------
Dave My DVDs(Not updated anymore since DVD Tracker uncooly started charging). My Humble Home Theatre
Old 11-02-00, 02:22 PM

do you use yours with a computer or do you use it with your own dvd/tv?
Old 11-03-00, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I use mine with a set top Sony DVD player, a 20" wega,a playstation and a VCR. I'm been very happy with it overall.

------------------
Dave My DVDs(Not updated anymore since DVD Tracker uncooly started charging). My Humble Home Theatre

[This message has been edited by dfbennett (edited November 03, 2000).]