Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

CD Player Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-00, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,
I've got a Yamaha GX-50 bookshelf system that I use for listening to CDs and mp3s through the aux in from my computer. Anyhow, The system is probably 3 1/2 years old or more and it's had some weird problems with playing cds over the years that seem to have come up again. I admit, not all of my CDs are in excellent condition. I handle them carefully and store them in a caselogic case, but marks are inevitable. Anyhow, while most cd players play the discs fine(including my Kenwood in dash car unit and my Sony Dvd player and Discman) the yamaha does some weird things on certain discs. Rather than skipping in the traditional way, sometimes, you'll hear a pop and it will jump somewhere into another track. Does anyone have any idea what this could be caused by and any way to remedy it or is my Yamaha unit just SUPER skip sensitive. I've tried cleaning it with one of those lens washer things and it seemed to have helped but I'm not really sure.Like I said, it's an older unit now, so if repair costs were a hundred dollars or less, I'd have any possible repairs done, but any more than that and it's just not worth it. Thanks for any suggestions. If worse comes to worse, I can just play the problematic CDs in my computers DVD drive to the aux in on the stereo. Anyhow thanks again.

------------------
Dave My DVDs(Not updated anymore since DVD Tracker uncooly started charging). My Humble Home Theatre
Old 11-02-00, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bumping it up to see if anyone has any suggestions.

------------------
Dave My DVDs(Not updated anymore since DVD Tracker uncooly started charging). My Humble Home Theatre