TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dallas -- "Sins of the Father" -- 2/04/13

Old 02-04-13, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Dallas -- "Sins of the Father" -- 2/04/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Evidence mysteriously emerges regarding Tommy's vanishing as Christopher tries to tie Pamela to the crime. Elsewhere, J.R. and John Ross orchestrate a double power play; Pamela tries to wrest control of Ewing Energies; a new member of the family arrives; Ryland's fiendish schemes push Ann to the breaking point.

Episode 3 of 15
Old 02-04-13, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Dallas -- "Sins of the Father" -- 2/04/13

Good episode. I liked the ending (although it wasn't a shock), and I especially liked J.R.'s speech when he surprised Frank. Can't figure out why they brought Elena's brother into it though. I guess Pamela will claim self defense once the cops connect all the dots.
Old 02-05-13, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Great ending. Ann had alot of balls to try to take out Ryland.

Although:

Spoiler:
Mitch Pileggi was promoted to series regular for season 2. So he isn't going to die.

I'm sure there will be some ramifications for Bobby and Ann.

Loved JR's little talk with Frank. For an 81 year old man, Hagman still pulls off being intimidating.

I liked how Bobby turned to JR for help and he said this will be my masterpiece. Makes me sad his time on the show is slowly running out.

How far along is Pamela suppose to be? She sure isn't looking pregnant yet.

I liked how John Ross talked Sue Ellen into being a total beeeyatch about the loan she gave to Elena.
Old 02-05-13, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Anyone know what the ratings were last night...I wonder if they leveled off or continued to slide. I didn't think it was a particuarly good episode (not enough JR...way too much Ann), but I've learned to lower my expectations with this show (other than Josh Henderson, who is growing as an actor, I find it hard to watch most of the younger cast members).

I really wish they'd add Steve Kanaly as a series regular. I think they gave him three lines in Season 1, and we've yet to see him this season.
Old 02-05-13, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
I guess Pamela will claim self defense once the cops connect all the dots.
and no one will buy it
people that kill in self defense don't try to hide it
Old 02-05-13, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Anyone know what the ratings were last night...I wonder if they leveled off or continued to slide. I didn't think it was a particuarly good episode (not enough JR...way too much Ann), but I've learned to lower my expectations with this show (other than Josh Henderson, who is growing as an actor, I find it hard to watch most of the younger cast members).

I really wish they'd add Steve Kanaly as a series regular. I think they gave him three lines in Season 1, and we've yet to see him this season.
That's ironic... I like Ann and Elena because I think the actresses playing them are some of the few people on the show who can act. I've always thought Patrick Duffy is weak (not terrible, but weak because he overreacts a lot), and Linda Gray is terrible 99% of the time. (Charlene Tilton is right up there with her.) I agree that Josh Henderson has grown this season. I hope he continues to improve because he's got some big shoes to fill as J.R.'s son. I wish I could say Jessie Metcalf has also grown as an actor, but like his on-screen daddy, he overreacts a lot. He also shrugs his shoulders way too much.
Old 02-05-13, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
That's ironic... I like Ann and Elena because I think the actresses playing them are some of the few people on the show who can act. I've always thought Patrick Duffy is weak (not terrible, but weak because he overreacts a lot), and Linda Gray is terrible 99% of the time. (Charlene Tilton is right up there with her.) I agree that Josh Henderson has grown this season. I hope he continues to improve because he's got some big shoes to fill as J.R.'s son. I wish I could say Jessie Metcalf has also grown as an actor, but like his on-screen daddy, he overreacts a lot. He also shrugs his shoulders way too much.
I agree. Brenda Strong is a really good actress. She does a good job with Ann. I think Jordana Brewster is also decent as well.
Old 02-06-13, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

I didn't care for that ending. Too obvious. Plus I really wanted to see what J.R. was going to do.
Old 02-06-13, 10:41 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

it really is amazing how much this show perks up when Hagman is on the screen. damned shame he's passed. not sure this show can exist without him.
Old 02-06-13, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

^I don't know how well it can survive, but I am glad that it was brought back so JR can get a proper send off....however that is going to be.

My biggest beef this episode was Ryland searching Ann but not noticing the .45 in her purse. Granted, they are in Texas so I guess that's nothing unusual.
Old 02-06-13, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The show's future will likely be determined by how much of the load can Josh Henderson carry. He's clearly the best actor among the younger set. Good thing, since he has the most interesting character among them. Brewester is solid and Gonzalo is doing better now that her character is showing her true colors, but it all comes down to Henderson. Metcalfe plays his role oddly to me. Duffy isn't the best actor, even less so during the original series, but he plays Bobby with a certain depth that makes you invested in him. He brings some humanity to the character. Metcalfe plays Christopher pretty smug. Henderson can get away with that, because John Ross is something of a cad. But Christopher is supposed to be the good guy, and I don't always pick up on that. I think Metcalfe's acting choices/style has a lot to do with that.
Old 02-07-13, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Metcalfe is about as wooden as an actor can be, he was purely cast for eye candy to the female viewers. In that regard, he fits right into the soap opera ethos this show tries to cultivate.