Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Depeche Mode album - "Delta Machine" 3/26 (plus info on new single "Heaven")

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New Depeche Mode album - "Delta Machine" 3/26 (plus info on new single "Heaven")

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-13, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

New album – Delta Machine – announced

New Studio Album ‘Delta Machine’ Set For Release on March 26th on Columbia Records – Depeche Mode to Debut Video for First Single ‘Heaven’ on VEVO Next Friday, February 1st.

(Columbia Records; New York, NY; January 24, 2013) – Depeche Mode have announced they will release their highly anticipated 13th studio album, entitled Delta Machine, on March 26th worldwide via Columbia Records. The album, recorded over the last year in Santa Barbara, California and New York City, was produced by Ben Hillier and mixed by Flood. In addition to the album announcement, Depeche Mode have also confirmed that the video for the first single “Heaven” will debut on VEVO next Friday, February 1st. Alongside a standard CD format, Depeche Mode will release Delta Machine in an exclusive Deluxe Edition with four additional new tracks and accompanied by a 28 page hardcover book including photos by longtime artistic collaborator Anton Corbijn (please see track listing, as well as album and single configurations below).

Martin Gore said of the release, “Writing this album was incredibly daunting as I wanted the sound of this collection to be very modern. I want people to feel good about listening to this record, to get some kind of peace. It’s just got something magical about it.”

Dave Gahan added, “With this release we’ve completely shifted our idea of how to create an album. When we hit a wall where we realize the album is beginning to sound too normal, we’ll mess it up and really give it that organic Depeche Mode Sound. Delta Machine is no different, and I can’t wait for all of our fans to hear it.”

Following the release of their new album, Depeche Mode will embark on a European stadium tour, kicking off in Tel Aviv’s Hayarkon Park on May 7th. They will perform 34 shows in 25 European countries, featuring appearances at Milan’s famed San Siro Stadium, the Stade De France in Paris, and Moscow’s Locomotive Stadium before wrapping up the European leg of their tour in Minsk, Belarus on July 29. A full North American tour will follow, with details to be announced in the coming weeks.

The tracklisting for Delta Machine is as follows:

STANDARD:
1 Welcome To My World
2 Angel
3 Heaven
4 Secret To The End
5 My Little Universe
6 Slow
7 Broken
8 The Child Inside
9 Soft Touch/Raw Nerve
10 Should Be Higher
11 Alone
12 Soothe My Soul
13 Goodbye

DELUXE EDITION: (includes hardcover 28-page booklet)

DISC 1
1 Welcome To My World
2 Angel
3 Heaven
4 Secret To The End
5 My Little Universe
6 Slow
7 Broken
8 The Child Inside
9 Soft Touch/Raw Nerve
10 Should Be Higher
11 Alone
12 Soothe My Soul
13 Goodbye

DISC 2
1 Long Time Lie
2 Happens All The Time
3 Always
4 All That’s Mine

The tracklisting for the “Heaven” CD single is as follows:

“Heaven” CD SINGLE:
1 Heaven
2 All That’s Mine (b side bonus track)

“Heaven” CD MAXI:
1 Heaven
2 Heaven (Owlle Remix)
3 Heaven (steps to heaven rmx)
4 Heaven (Blawan Remix)
5 Heaven (Mathew Dear vs Audion Remix)

Old 01-24-13, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Re: New Depeche Mode album - "Delta Machine" 3/26 (plus info on new single "Heaven")

Looking forward to this. Wasn't a huge fan of Sounds of the Universe but I'm always ready to hear more from them.
Old 01-24-13, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: New Depeche Mode album - "Delta Machine" 3/26 (plus info on new single "Heaven")

I'm hoping for the best, but bracing myself for another mediocre album filled with a few good songs and some filler... sad since they were once SO great...

would give anything if alan wilder had returned (as was rumored) bit sadly it was just a rumor...

would also love if they would do like Rush did on their tour a few years ago - play one of their most famous albums in its entirety (for instance, violator would be a perfect choice)... but sadly nothing like that has been announced...
Old 01-24-13, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

I like the artwork. We'll see on the music.
Old 01-24-13, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am one of the five people who actually liked Sounds Of The Universe. Looking forward
Old 01-24-13, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nothingfails
I am one of the five people who actually liked Sounds Of The Universe. Looking forward
not true. Sounds Of The Universe was a great release, and a HUGE step up from Exciter / Playing The Angel. "WRONG" is one of their top 5 songs of all time. Rest of the album is not far behind.

Looking forward to this one with much anticipation.
Old 01-24-13, 09:12 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sound of the Universe was their best album in years.

I can't believe we're getting new Bowie, Suede, and Depeche Mode albums in the same month.
Old 01-24-13, 09:23 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

what no 5.1 mix? nearly every DM album was released as such.
Old 01-24-13, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds of the universe got me interested in Depeche again.
Old 01-24-13, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Falc04
not true. Sounds Of The Universe was a great release, and a HUGE step up from Exciter / Playing The Angel. "WRONG" is one of their top 5 songs of all time. Rest of the album is not far behind.
While I'm also a fan of "Sounds of the Universe, no way was it better than "Playing the Angel". "PTA" was DM's strongest and best produced album since "Violator". IMO, that is. With a reported 20 plus songs recorded for this new album, get ready for a plethora of B-sides!
Old 01-25-13, 09:18 AM
Banned by request

I thought Playing The Angel was weaker than Exciter and Sounds of the Universe.
Old 01-25-13, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Same here. I liked PTA when it first came out, but to me it felt the same way I feel about U2's ATYCLB/HTDAAB... an album where they were doing a "Depeche Mode album" for the masses who haven't liked anything they'd done in 15 years. I played SOTU far more (same as I listened to NLOTH more than the other two U2 albums).
Old 01-25-13, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Weaker than "Exciter"!? "Exciter" is the most undercooked DM album ever made. The whole thing feels like a demo. And Mark Bell was a horrible choice to produce them. Sure, he's great with Bjork. But not with Depeche Mode. Water and oil. And other than "I Feel Loved", it had the worst singles ever released from a DM album. You probably will never hear another song off this album in concert ever again.
Old 01-25-13, 09:31 PM
Banned by request

Exciter is their most underrated album, as we can see.
Old 01-25-13, 11:52 PM
Cool New Member

Holy moly, am I in some alter-song-of-universe?! Because Exciter is pretty much DM's most loathed album. Well maybe "What's Your Name?" has evoked more loathing, but the album is pretty close after that. It was underproduced, uninspired and had their worst lead-off single - "Dream On".

While we're at it, let's talk about SOTU...I swear if I hear Peace again, I'll burn my copy of Black Celebration. A friend of mine said it sound like someone was being fucked over an organ. Very few songs on that album were close to "Wrong", a good single but not in their top 10 singles.

Wow, people wow.

And let's just all agree that since Al left the band we can only hope for uninspired songwriting with some keyboard tinkering that often sounds like symphonic farting. Yes, DM is better than most of the crap out there today, but only just. They're phoning it in, and maybe should consider retirement to ensure their legacy stays intact.
Old 01-26-13, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Weaker than "Exciter"!? "Exciter" is the most undercooked DM album ever made. The whole thing feels like a demo. And Mark Bell was a horrible choice to produce them. Sure, he's great with Bjork. But not with Depeche Mode. Water and oil. And other than "I Feel Loved", it had the worst singles ever released from a DM album. You probably will never hear another song off this album in concert ever again.
So so agree, though I do like Dream On.
Old 01-26-13, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SweetP
Holy moly, am I in some alter-song-of-universe?! Because Exciter is pretty much DM's most loathed album. Well maybe "What's Your Name?" has evoked more loathing, but the album is pretty close after that. It was underproduced, uninspired and had their worst lead-off single - "Dream On".

While we're at it, let's talk about SOTU...I swear if I hear Peace again, I'll burn my copy of Black Celebration. A friend of mine said it sound like someone was being fucked over an organ. Very few songs on that album were close to "Wrong", a good single but not in their top 10 singles.

Wow, people wow.

And let's just all agree that since Al left the band we can only hope for uninspired songwriting with some keyboard tinkering that often sounds like symphonic farting. Yes, DM is better than most of the crap out there today, but only just. They're phoning it in, and maybe should consider retirement to ensure their legacy stays intact.

You want a bad album by a great 80s act still with us... try 4:13 Dream by The Cure or even Elysium by Pet Shop Boys (which really hurts me to say since Yes was such a great album). Those two albums were pure phone-in albums. "In Chains" on SOTU alone puts those two albums to rest.
Old 01-26-13, 07:14 PM

Still can't listen to Exciter all the way through. In my view, it's akin to a whole album-length version of Phil Collins' In the Air Tonight: all mediocre build-up and no pay off.
Old 01-26-13, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bubba111
Still can't listen to Exciter all the way through. In my view, it's akin to a whole album-length version of Phil Collins' In the Air Tonight: all mediocre build-up and no pay off.
Interesting, I think the reason ITAT is so overplayed to this day is because the build-up and pay-off are both amazing.
Old 01-27-13, 12:42 AM
Banned by request

In The Air Tonight is an amazing song. Exciter is an underrated album.
Old 01-27-13, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I still can't believe that people want to bash latter day Depeche for not being as good as their 1984-1990 stuff when we have latter day Cure that is practically unlistenable. Filler on Exciter and SOTU is better than even the highlights of "The Cure" and 4:13 Dream.
Old 01-27-13, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nothingfails
I still can't believe that people want to bash latter day Depeche for not being as good as their 1984-1990 stuff when we have latter day Cure that is practically unlistenable. Filler on Exciter and SOTU is better than even the highlights of "The Cure" and 4:13 Dream.
Why are the Cure and even the Pet Shop Boys being brought up here, and compared to? I'm sure "Exciter" is better than the worst from many of the other modern rock greats out there. What does that have to do with anything? We're talking about DM's catalogue here.
Old 01-30-13, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"Heaven"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg-MLOcAAcI

"All That's Mine"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWCSSkPdnIo

I think the latter is pure classic DM. Listen to it with headphones. Chills!
Old 01-30-13, 08:52 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both sound pretty darn good. Looking forward to checking out the entire album.
Old 01-30-13, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Why are the Cure and even the Pet Shop Boys being brought up here, and compared to? I'm sure "Exciter" is better than the worst from many of the other modern rock greats out there. What does that have to do with anything? We're talking about DM's catalogue here.
The Cure and PSB are contemporaries of DM and share a lot of mutual fans. Its funny to see someone write a long essay about why DM has been crap since Alan Wilder left and how anyone who liked SOTU or Exciter is delusional in hopes of them ever being as great as they were a quarter century ago... when many of the same people listening to DM today might've heard the recent crap The Cure has made, and I don't see how anyone can argue that Exciter or SOTU could possibly be more tuneless and effortless than 4:13 Dream, which IMO is the epitome of a weak low point from a once great 80's band.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.