Continuum -- "Fast Times" -- 1/21/13

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-13, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Continuum -- "Fast Times" -- 1/21/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Kiera's cover is blown and she's arrested by her VPD partner. Later, she considers a truce with Liber8 in order to get back to the year 2077.

Episode 2 of 10
Old 01-21-13, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Continuum -- "Fast Times" -- 1/21/13

Glad the whole Portland cop thing is over with. Still, every show with a genius hack has the ability to create identities for people on the fly? I'm looking at you, Leverage. Still, great show.
Old 01-21-13, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk God

2nd episode was entertaining. This is definitely not a science fiction cop procedural. It's the same group of villains with Roger Cross still running the show. No one has gotten captured or killed yet from their group.

I liked the little flash forward in 2077 where we saw Kiera get the special computer implant into her eyes. Hope to see little flashes of her background and how she became this Protector.

So now we go from Kiera being a fake Portland to now being a fake deep cover Fed. The whole computer geek helping her out may seem a little cheesy to some, but in the grand scheme of things, I think it works for this show. We also don't know what may become of Alec in the future.

Nichols and Webster have good chemistry as partners. Looking forward to seeing season plays out.

As mentioned last week, the little eye wart that Nichols has is a little distracting.
Old 01-22-13, 05:01 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

This episode didn't record for me, as I had it set to record "FIRST RUN", and DirecTV has the episodes as listing at an earlier date. Luckily it's SyFy and they rerun their shows all the time. Just a headsup to other DTV customers.
Old 01-22-13, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
This episode didn't record for me, as I had it set to record "FIRST RUN", and DirecTV has the episodes as listing at an earlier date. Luckily it's SyFy and they rerun their shows all the time. Just a headsup to other DTV customers.
thanks. i didn't see it on there last night, but thought it was maybe picking it up later this week. nope. looks like there's one tonight and one each day for the rest of the week.
Old 01-22-13, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk God

I mentioned this last week. Directv is using the Canadian airdates from last summer, so all these "new" episodes are being listed as repeats. Recording as "First Run" won't work. I have to remember to set manual records for this.
Old 01-22-13, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,006 Likes on 624 Posts

Still kind of 'meh' on this. I wish there had been a little more back-story to flesh out the motivation of the gang and to give more characterization to individual members, if they're going to be the primary antagonists every episode. Maybe we'll get more of that as the season goes on.
Old 01-22-13, 12:17 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
I mentioned this last week. Directv is using the Canadian airdates from last summer, so all these "new" episodes are being listed as repeats. Recording as "First Run" won't work. I have to remember to set manual records for this.
when are you going to learn that I only read 10% of your posts?
Old 01-23-13, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

This episode was OK. I hope the writers flesh out exactly what end game is Cross's group after because that's the question I keep asking myself (that and how they attained super powers).
Old 01-24-13, 11:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought it odd there were some words she didn't recognize (I can't recall one off the top of my head - Hazmat?) ... made her seem stupid rather than from the future (as the language in the future scenes is not that different.)
Old 01-24-13, 11:08 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Eye wart.
Old 01-24-13, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Eye wart.
Once you notice it, it becomes hard to ignore. The pacing seems a little off, the show seems desperate to get by all the setup a complicated show like this would seem to require.