Girls -- "I Get Ideas" -- 1/20/13

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-13, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Girls -- "I Get Ideas" -- 1/20/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Hannah's unnerved by Adam's creepy dirges that he posted on the Web, but is miffed by Sandy's critique of her essay. Meanwhile, Marnie considers a new career path; Elijah confesses a recent transgression to George; and Jessa gets a gift from her husband.

Guest starring:
Donald Glover (Community)

Episode 2 of 10
Old 01-21-13, 12:08 AM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Girls -- "I Get Ideas" -- 1/20/13

Better than the first episode, but still nowhere up to par with the episodes from the first season. I don't think I like a single storyline so far, except maybe Jessa's relationship with her rich husband. We barely get to see anyone except Hannah, and the show doesn't feel cohesive anymore. Everything involving the character of Adam seems over the top and out of character. Disappointing stuff.
Old 01-21-13, 05:21 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

The Missy Elliot and Von Trap lines made me laugh out loud.
Old 01-21-13, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good episode. "knee high socks....and a jason mask!" that line got me..even it it kind of apes a line from EASTBOUND.
Old 01-22-13, 10:01 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Emmy Winning Reality TV Production Company - Seeking Real Life "Girls" (Manhattan/Brooklyn)
REALITY TV--SEEKING REAL LIFE "GIRLS"

Ever feel like life in the big frantic city is just too much? Are you a twenty-something young woman seeking fame, fortune, love or even a hookup with potential? How do you get from here to there when you can't even get a seat on the L train! Come to a casting call with our Emmy-winning production company and tell us your dreams and woes, your highs and lows, your tales of *** in the city and the outrageous opportunities that have come your way. Is your circle of friends bound together by not just the parties, fights, and brunches but frequent bouts of commiserating over your struggles? It isn't easy taking the road less travelled, but making it as a writer, designer, entrepreneur, actress/model or glorified dog walker never is!

The real life television show we are making follows the trials and tribulations of an ensemble of wise-beyond-their-years young ladies. We are with you living the dream in hipster Brooklyn and lower Manhattan. Only well educated and cultured extroverts need apply. Are you thinking about that show--"Girls?" Well we didn't say it but...now that you mention it.

So just send us an email at [email protected] with your name, clear attached photos, a short, informal resume, cell phone, and a brief note about why you think you'd work in the show. We'll be scheduling meetings this week, which will generally take place in midtown Manhattan, but we'll get back to you with the specific time and place. So drop us an email today!
Old 01-22-13, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just waiting for the first Girls tour to come rolling into my neighborhood...
Old 01-22-13, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Awesome! Let's take an interesting show and spawn another stupid fucking 'reality' show from it.
Old 01-22-13, 03:18 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts

Does Allison Williams have a no nudity clause in her contract (with her dad being Brian and all)? because that would be a shame! the little i've seen her she seemed to cover up in just the right places...
Old 01-22-13, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought this was one of the best episodes of the series to date - really great lines throughout. Much more satisfying than the premiere.
Old 01-22-13, 11:49 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
Does Allison Williams have a no nudity clause in her contract (with her dad being Brian and all)? because that would be a shame! the little i've seen her she seemed to cover up in just the right places...
No. Howard Stern did a 30 minute phone interview with Lena Dunham last week and he asked all those questions. Lena basically said that she would only go as far as each individual girl felt comfortable, but that there wasn't a no nudity clause. She also indicated that all the girls are slowly warming up to the idea of opening up more for the show's sake. She didn't deny that Brian Williams might be pressuring Allison on what she should or shouldn't do though, and apparently he's a regular during shooting. I found the interview somewhere on YouTube, it's worth listening to.
Old 01-22-13, 11:53 PM

Hate this show. Who needs another show about girls bitching and moaning?
Old 01-23-13, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IIG
No. Howard Stern did a 30 minute phone interview with Lena Dunham last week and he asked all those questions. Lena basically said that she would only go as far as each individual girl felt comfortable, but that there wasn't a no nudity clause. She also indicated that all the girls are slowly warming up to the idea of opening up more for the show's sake. She didn't deny that Brian Williams might be pressuring Allison on what she should or shouldn't do though, and apparently he's a regular during shooting. I found the interview somewhere on YouTube, it's worth listening to.
Maybe she should tell Brian Williams to stay off her set?
Old 01-23-13, 08:53 AM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Better episode this week than the premiere. This show didn't really click for me until about the 4th or 5th episode last season. Not surprised if it takes another episode or two to fully hit its stride this season.
Old 01-23-13, 10:18 AM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Better episode this week than the premiere. This show didn't really click for me until about the 4th or 5th episode last season. Not surprised if it takes another episode or two to fully hit its stride this season.
I agree, but that just sucks to me. I don't get why they spent 10 episodes establishing something last season, just to destroy it all and start again. I'm a fan of Dunham and I think she is a huge talent, but I believe her youth and inexperience is negatively impacting the writing, pacing, and plotting of the show.
Old 01-23-13, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by IIG
I'm a fan of Dunham and I think she is a huge talent
[misogynist]Agreed![/misogynist]
Old 01-23-13, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by IIG
Her response is a crock of shit. First of all, it's been widely reported that Williams does have a no nudity clause (as does Rita Wilson, for her guest spot) which she even alluded to in an interview. Second, it shows Dunham's shortcomings as a director that she went so far out of her way to hide Williams' nudity in that scene, considering she could have very easily kept some article of clothing on. Shooting it in that manner was just unnecessarily weird.
Old 01-24-13, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Lena Dunham announced the show was renewed for a 3rd season. They start shooting in March.
Old 01-26-13, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,186 Likes on 4,213 Posts

I liked this episode a lot. Much better and funnier than the first. Don't know if I believe Adam could really go that psycho, but he's still funny. Loved Hannah's break-up scene with Sandy : "Okay, I don't know if your being sarcastic". That was hilarious.
Old 01-26-13, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Story came out yesterday that season 3 will get 12 episodes instead of 10.
Old 01-28-13, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IIG
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=_fEcqbNRLc0

This? Haven't listened to it, a guy I subscribe to on YouTube put it up.

Originally Posted by RUSF18
Her response is a crock of shit. First of all, it's been widely reported that Williams does have a no nudity clause (as does Rita Wilson, for her guest spot) which she even alluded to in an interview. Second, it shows Dunham's shortcomings as a director that she went so far out of her way to hide Williams' nudity in that scene, considering she could have very easily kept some article of clothing on. Shooting it in that manner was just unnecessarily weird.
Does she direct every episode? I think Kate Upton's father is an arch-conservative Republican congressman, so one never knows.
Old 01-31-13, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 722 Likes on 589 Posts

This season is ok but not on the same level as season 1 and wish Adam would get more scenes and the Bi dude is kind of boring and adds nothing.

Do they list the music credits anywhere since I don't find any mention of the songs played in the closing credits?
Old 01-31-13, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,186 Likes on 4,213 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Do they list the music credits anywhere since I don't find any mention of the songs played in the closing credits?
On HBO.com, there's a page for every episode. There's a link on the left side called "Music". You can find it here for this episode:
http://www.hbo.com/girls/episodes/01...eas/index.html
Old 01-31-13, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 722 Likes on 589 Posts

Thanks