The Vampire Diaries -- "After School Special" -- 1/17/13

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-13, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
The Vampire Diaries -- "After School Special" -- 1/17/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Appearing unexpectedly at Mystic Falls High, Rebekah (Claire Holt) wastes no time trying to force Stefan (Paul Wesley), Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Caroline (Candice Accola) to answer her questions about the search for a cure, leading to a bombshell piece of information from Elena. When Bonnie's (Kat Graham) father, Rudy Owens (guest star Rick Worthy, "Supernatural"), accepts the role of Interim Mayor, he makes it a priority to protect his daughter, who isn't at all comfortable with the role he suddenly wants to play in her life. Professor Shane (guest star David Alpay) continues to encourage Bonnie to believe in her powers, but he soon finds himself in danger when he reveals too much to the wrong person. Later, Caroline does her best to comfort Tyler (Michael Trevino) after a violent confrontation. Meanwhile, at the lake house, Damon and Matt (Zach Roerig) train Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen), trying to raise his game as a hunter, but Klaus (Joseph Morgan) is impatient with their progress and intervenes to speed up the process. David Von Ancken directed the episode written by Brett Matthews (#410).

Episode 10 of 23
Old 01-18-13, 09:21 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "After School Special" -- 1/17/13

Who's the girl in the bottom left hand corner?
Old 01-19-13, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk God

A little confused about something.

I don't understand why Damon is working with Klaus to help transition Jeremy into this Vampire Hunter. It seemed the whole incident with Pizza girl was set up for Jeremy.

I'm actually liking Damon and Elena together. I like seeing Stefan act like a fucking whiney little bitch because his girl got away. I know Ian and Nina are together in real life, but as far as the show goes, Elena and Stefan have become boring as hell. I like the new dynamic.
Old 01-19-13, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Who's the girl in the bottom left hand corner?
I think that might be Torrey DeVitto, who played Meredith. She's also married to Paul Wesley (Stefan) in real life.

I don't think we'll be seeing her again anytime soon. She's now on Army Wives on Lifetime as a regular.
Old 01-19-13, 06:04 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I think that might be Torrey DeVitto, who played Meredith. She's also married to Paul Wesley (Stefan) in real life.

I don't think we'll be seeing her again anytime soon. She's now on Army Wives on Lifetime as a regular.
Oh, right. Looks like her.

Shame, I actually liked her character (as I did when she was on Pretty Little Liars and One Tree Hill)
Old 01-20-13, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
A little confused about something.

I don't understand why Damon is working with Klaus to help transition Jeremy into this Vampire Hunter. It seemed the whole incident with Pizza girl was set up for Jeremy.
Damon is working with Klaus to obtain the cure for vampirism, so Elena can turn human again.

For a minute, I thought the professor was going to start putting the moves on Bonnie. She seemed very receptive to whatever he wanted in this episode.
Old 01-20-13, 07:20 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

this show has gotten so convoluted. I'd love a show just about Jeremy learning to be a badass vampire killer being trained by Damon.
Old 01-22-13, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I don't understand how the producers keep thinking Rebecca and Klaus are so popular (to the point of a spinoff no less). Sure they were good as mystery and to shake things up, but now they are tired and played out. Oh...let's bring Rebecca out of the box to stir things up!

Any if Tyler broke sire bond to Klaus, and is a hybrid, how can Rebecca possibly compell him?!

Thought the season started strong enough, but it's really wandering.

Glad prof didn't hit on Bonnie. Then again he is probably the old witch in hiding trying to unlock his wife or something, so she's probably not his type.
Old 01-22-13, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Klaus is the bad boy replacement for Damon, now that Damon has become a softie to win Elena's love. If I never saw Klaus's face ever again on the show, it wouldn't bother me. The CW must think he's popular with the show's core audience of young teen girls.
Old 01-22-13, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This show is starting to grate on me.
I'm tired of the Stephan-Elena-Damon love triangle and the character of Klaus has outstayed his Welcome.
Old 01-23-13, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

If they wrapped it up next year where she gets a cure, but they sacrifice themselves to get it I'd be good with that. Then they could have doppelgänger Salvatore brothers move in during the last scene.
Old 01-23-13, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07
Any if Tyler broke sire bond to Klaus, and is a hybrid, how can Rebecca possibly compell him?!
I think the originals can compel all of the later vampires. Claus has been shown to make Stephan not only forget the sister but also become Ripper for the first half of last season.