The Office -- "Suit Warehouse" -- 1/17/13

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-13, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
The Office -- "Suit Warehouse" -- 1/17/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Clark (Clark Duke) returns from his sexual romp with Jan and gifts the office with a new espresso maker, which everyone abuses. Dwight (Rainn Wilson) takes him to sell a father - son suit warehouse. Meanwhile, Darryl (Craig Robinson) interviews at Jim's (John Krasinski) company and Pam (Jenna Fischer) comes for a surprise visit. Leslie David Baker, Phyllis Smith, Angela Kinsey, Brian Baumgartner, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Paul Lieberstein, Creed Bratton, Ellie Kemper, Catherine Tate, Clark Duke and Jake Lacy also star.

Read more: Listings - OFFICE, THE on NBC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2IJNaobjn

Episode 12 of 24

No airdate yet for The Farm Pilot which will air as a The Office episode.
Old 01-18-13, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Re: The Office -- "Suit Warehouse" -- 1/17/13

This one was pretty damn good. Lots of great little moments:

- Erin panicking about the pen shipment
- Merideth's wig
- Creed stealing the ring
- 2pm wide-awake Stanley

The Dwight and Clark bit was too over the top until the two "sons" starting dealing business.

I really liked Darryl's interview up until the basketball. It was classic "office" up until that point. An awkward interview we've all had then they revert to the zany shit of the past few years. Who even picks up an autographed ball let alone actually uses it?

Also, damn, the British chick is packing some serious sweater kittens.
Old 01-18-13, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I preferred the show when there were only one or two over the top characters and the rest were played more normal. Now it seems like the bulk of them are over the top. My favorite part of the episode was probably Darryl's interview because I thought it harkened back to the best period of the show, when situations weren't played too outrageously, they just became uncomfortable and the humor was in watching how uncomfortable they became. I could have done without the whole espresso-wired office storyline.
Old 01-18-13, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I the only one who wants Jim's business venture to fail miserably? I've been tired of him and Pam for years.

Everyone's armpits sweat rings were funny.
Old 01-18-13, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I enjoyed it, but I pretty much always find some reason to enjoy an episode of this show.

It feels like, as the series winds down, certain actors maybe feel jealous at some of other actors who have always been a wacky and over the top character - like Dwight, Kevin, Michael, and so on. Then as the show is coming to the end, they all wanted their chance to just let loose and be wacky too. I mean, Angela has always sorta been "wacky" but it used to just be an odd super conservative type of wacky, but now she does all kinds of weird stuff along with everyone else. That's just the feeling I get a lot of the times over the last two or three seasons.
Old 01-18-13, 11:13 AM
drc
DVD Talk Special Edition

They should just move Jim and Pam to Philly and be done with it, because their story makes no sense as is.
Old 01-18-13, 11:47 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by drc
They should just move Jim and Pam to Philly and be done with it, because their story makes no sense as is.
What doesn't make sense about it?
Old 01-18-13, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Juzylle
Am I the only one who wants Jim's business venture to fail miserably? I've been tired of him and Pam for years.

Everyone's armpits sweat rings were funny.
Unfortunately that won't happen.

Don't you know: Everyone who creates a start up will become a Millionaire!

Jim's $10,000 investment is obviously doing very well - limo rides, fish tanks, oh don't forget the typical oversized start up loft / office.

Just a few months old and Dr J wants to do business with them, and they seem to have about as many people working for them as the Scranton branch.
Old 01-18-13, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

So did Jim quit his old job for his new one? I must have missed the part. He seems to be working at this new place full time. Yeah, I thought it was just 5 guys who or so that were starting up the new company but they've already got the swanky office.

I was going to post how they obviously don't need a manager at this office because things have been running fine without Andy around, but after the end of this episode, maybe they do need some supervision. What happened to Toby, by the way?
Old 01-18-13, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts

"Women reach their sexual peak at whatever age Jan was last week. It was like making love with a wild animal. But not like a cougar, like you might think -- it was like a swarm of bees… bees that just find something wrong with every hotel room."

Old 01-18-13, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

At least the show acknowledged that things have gotten a little silly when Daryl suggests Pam go to Philly with him: "That would be great, kind of like ditching school, except instead of getting suspended you get... What do you get? Oh my God! Why did I not think of this? Andy's not here."
Old 01-18-13, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great episode, one of the best of the year.
Old 01-18-13, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Can't remember laughing as hard as I did while watching The Office when Daryl's shot landed in the fish tank. Classic.
Old 01-18-13, 03:36 PM
drc
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JasonF
What doesn't make sense about it?
The whole two jobs situation makes no sense. But now that others have brought it up, maybe he's getting away with it because there's no manager.
Old 01-18-13, 04:29 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by drc
The whole two jobs situation makes no sense. But now that others have brought it up, maybe he's getting away with it because there's no manager.
If I'm remembering correctly, he got David Wallace's permission to go part time. Stanley and Phyllis agreed to help cover his accounts on the days while he's in Philly.
Old 01-18-13, 05:15 PM
drc
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JasonF
If I'm remembering correctly, he got David Wallace's permission to go part time. Stanley and Phyllis agreed to help cover his accounts on the days while he's in Philly.
I get that. I just don't think it makes any sense. What's in it for Dunder Mifflin to have an absentee salesman? Since the start up is clearly going well (swanky office, Dr. J.), what's still in it for Jim? I think he conveniently said he's not taking a salary (why not?), but they can pay Darryl and the many other employees?

Just lazy writing IMO, unless they're trying to foreshadow a Jim and Pam divorce to end the series.
Old 01-18-13, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

So why is the documentary crew following Jim at his new job but not following Andy on his boat trip? Or Clark on his adventures with Jan?
Old 01-18-13, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Why are you even asking those questions? The answers aren't important.
Old 01-18-13, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
Why are you even asking those questions? The answers aren't important.
I think they are, and I think the fact that they aren't answer speaks volumes of how crappy this show is.
Old 01-19-13, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by madcougar
I think they are, and I think the fact that they aren't answer speaks volumes of how crappy this show is.
We begin to find out in the next episode:

This episode will also begin to finally reveal who is actually behind the documentary and why they have been filming the office for nine years.
Old 01-19-13, 09:34 AM

Meh...even in it's heyday it was never like this show was Larry Sanders so I'm not bothered that we aren't getting "answers"...I mean hell we didn't get answers on Lost and that was a type of show people deserved answers from.

From start to finish, at least for me, The Office was a screwball comedic farce - and for the most part they succeeded with that.
Old 01-19-13, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

well the documentarian did mention they were following Jim and Pam to see how they end up when Pam asked them at the start of an episode why they were still filming a small paper company.
Old 01-19-13, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
Unfortunately that won't happen.

Don't you know: Everyone who creates a start up will become a Millionaire!

Jim's $10,000 investment is obviously doing very well - limo rides, fish tanks, oh don't forget the typical oversized start up loft / office.

Just a few months old and Dr J wants to do business with them, and they seem to have about as many people working for them as the Scranton branch.
Not sure what's so eye rolling, as I don't think it would be fun to watch Jim fail miserably on this type of show.
Old 01-19-13, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was mostly trying to yank Osiris3657's chain with this post. He knows why...
Old 01-20-13, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

The Dwight and Clark scenes were comedy gold. You can tell they are really letting the characters go off the rails with allowing them to tear up the carpeting. I'll be very interested to see how they wrap up each character's story arc.

Btw, what exactly is the good or service that Jim's new start-up company is selling?

Last edited by Jack Straw; 01-20-13 at 12:12 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.