Haven -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "Reunion/Thanks for the Memories" -- 1/17/13

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-13, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Haven -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "Reunion/Thanks for the Memories" -- 1/17/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Episode 1 "Reunion"

Nathan and Duke go back to their high school to help Audrey apprehend a troubled killer who is wreaking havoc at a student reunion.

Episode 2 "Thanks for the Memories"

Season 3 comes to a close as Audrey grapples with her fate; at the same time she, Nathan and Duke prepare for a showdown with the Bolt Gun Killer.

Last 2 episodes of the season aired Thursday night. These were postponed from December. Episode 12 was postponed because of the Connecticut shooting.

Bree Williamson is currently recurring on the new NBC show Deception.

I found Kate Kelton (Jordan) on Facebook and friended her...I think she friends everybody. She's quite cool. Most of her updates are about art and her photography.
Old 01-18-13, 04:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Haven -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "Reunion/Thanks for the Memories" -- 1/17/13

Unless they made any edits, SyFy definitely overreacted to pulling the episode in wake of Sandy Hook. But as I said when they did it, they put out the press release and made themselves look good over it.

But oh well, was the perfect opportunity to catch up on the episodes of Haven I had missed before the 2 parter.

Interesting ending. Not that anything's been answered about WHY all this has ever happened. Just that it does and no one really wants to figure out why or stop it, except for Audrey and the Warnos.

And the revelation in episode 2 did make me go "WHAT?" at the screen.
Old 01-18-13, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Haven -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "Reunion/Thanks for the Memories" -- 1/17/13

Which revelation was that?

I thought most everything that was revealed in the second episode was pretty straight forward. I mean they made something 100% clear, but it was implied several episodes ago.

Now the actual final moment was a pretty big WTF moment.
Old 01-18-13, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing
Which revelation was that?

I thought most everything that was revealed in the second episode was pretty straight forward. I mean they made something 100% clear, but it was implied several episodes ago.

Now the actual final moment was a pretty big WTF moment.
Who the father is.
Old 01-19-13, 03:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As usual in TV shows, nobody asks pertinent questions any normal human being would ask.

Who the "caretaker" is and what his role is in all this. Or even his name.

Audrey stops the troubles, which explains why she's immune to them, but why did they start in the first place? Who or what is behind them?

Who created the barn?

Does she actually have to reset her personality to recharge, or is that something the barn forces on her?

How long has she been doing this?

It's almost implied she's a volunteer. It may not be punishment, but I can't imagine anybody volunteering for this.
Old 01-20-13, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts

I thought it was interesting that Audrey asked if she were human. The show ended that potential love interest that Nathan had with the Watch member. Her actions were understandable but still seemed a little out of character at the end. While it was okay for one season, they have to do something different with Duke than mope after Audrey.

As expected, SyFy totally overreacted by pushing these episodes back an entire month. That high school episode had virtually no reminder of the actual tragedy.
Old 01-20-13, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I thought it was interesting that Audrey asked if she were human. The show ended that potential love interest that Nathan had with the Watch member. Her actions were understandable but still seemed a little out of character at the end. While it was okay for one season, they have to do something different with Duke than mope after Audrey.

As expected, SyFy totally overreacted by pushing these episodes back an entire month. That high school episode had virtually no reminder of the actual tragedy.
What I find now interesting about the Watch is why do they act the way they do considering we found out who their leader is and I don't think he'd generally let them be that "evil" for lack of a better term.

And if Syfy didn't edit the episodes at all in any way I'd agree with you about delaying them. Watching that I said "Nothing here to truly echo Sandy Hook. Just claiming to do the right thing for the sake of publicity."
Old 01-20-13, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The reveal about the Watch's leader felt like a last-minute change, to end that storyline very quickly. I wonder if we ever hear anything ever again about the Watch. I guess we will with Duke's condition.
Old 05-08-13, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/coli...s-syfys-haven/

Colin Ferguson, Sheriff Carter from Eureka, has joined the cast for the 4th season. They started filming today, so I guess this is returning in the Fall again.
Old 05-08-13, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/coli...s-syfys-haven/

Colin Ferguson, Sheriff Carter from Eureka, has joined the cast for the 4th season. They started filming today, so I guess this is returning in the Fall again.
According to Syfy's Twitter feed... October 2013.
Old 05-08-13, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

At least the show is still on the air, when the thread got bumped that was my first thought. I guess Syfy wants the Eureka audience now to switch over to Haven.
Old 05-17-13, 08:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hopefully Ferguson won't be playing basically his same character/schtick as on Eureka. I like that all of Haven's characters take serious situations seriously not make jokes about them like on Eureka, Warehouse, SG-1 & Atlantis, etc. This show really wouldn't work with that kind of lighthearted tone, imo.
Old 05-17-13, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't see why he'd create a change of tone for the show, or even why his casting would suggest that. Eric Balfour makes plenty of jokes in serious situations on the show, but the tone of the show is far different.

Edge is also being bumped up to a series regular next season, which is cool since I think he's done a pretty good job so far, and hopefully it means he'll be given more to work with.
Old 01-04-15, 05:27 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Just got into Haven for the first time late last summer, so am playing catch-up with this series. And, I just finished watching the S3 finale - WOW! The show has really improved in the 3rd season; when it first started, I thought it was kind of an X-files rip off (FBI agent investigating strange, unexplainable phenonmenon) but as time went on the show became so much more. Though the S3 finale seemed to explain some things about Audrey/Lucy, her son, etc. - it actually brought up more questions than answers...

The whole deal with the "Barn" at the end of S3 reminded me a lot of "The Black Lodge" in the iconic '90's series Twin Peaks; however, obviously the "Barn" in Haven has a completely different vibe/tone.

In any case, this S3 finale really pulled me in (moreso than any other episode of the series so far), and I can't wait to find out what happens next...

Last edited by TheDude; 01-04-15 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-05-15, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Haven has remained fairly consistent after its first uneven season. Hiding Emily Rose's pregnancy for Audrey caused a little trouble but the storytelling has been otherwise great.
Old 01-05-15, 06:41 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Haven has remained fairly consistent after its first uneven season. Hiding Emily Rose's pregnancy for Audrey caused a little trouble but the storytelling has been otherwise great.
OK, I knew that she had gained a lot of weight between the third & fourth seasons (I'm currently watching S4) & figured that was the reason...
Old 01-05-15, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually came away disappointed by S4 (and haven't even watched any of 5 yet). Hopefully you'll enjoy it more.
Old 01-05-15, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TheDude
OK, I knew that she had gained a lot of weight between the third & fourth seasons (I'm currently watching S4) & figured that was the reason...
She loses it by the end of the season.