Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Pioneer DV414 dies AGAIN!!!

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Pioneer DV414 dies AGAIN!!!

Old 10-29-00, 08:40 AM
steak

This player died on me 6 months after I bought it. And here we are 6 months after it was fixed and it has died again! Is this just my problem, or have others experienced the same thing with this unit. Now I am guessing it would be cheaper to buy a new one than to get this one fixed. Basically, they replaced the whole computer board and the power supply last time to fix it.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 10-29-00, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never had a problem with mine?! The player is just over a year old and going strong.
Old 10-29-00, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sounds like you have a lemon.....Pioneer has always put out a good product during the laserdisc era and as far as I know their dvd players are decent also.

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 10-29-00, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have a Pioneer 414 and love it. I have yet to have a problem with it. I got lucky when I bought it and got one with a new computer board, so I didn't have that lip sync problem that many others had. After I got my Infinity speakers, Cerwin Vega sub, and receiver I was going to upgrade my player, but this player just rocks!

If I were you, I would just buy a new player.

------------------
DVDjunkie21's DVD List l My Pic
Go Bucs!
Old 10-29-00, 03:07 PM
steak

I guess I will just buy a new player. The thing that kills me is that the first time this happened, they replaced the power supply and the IC board. I got it home, played one movie, and it died immediately after that first movie. Took it back again, and it has not missed a lick until today. I would have thought that given what they replaced, the only things left were the servo parts and so forth. I guess calling Pioneer and seeing if they could do anything for me is a waste of time.
Old 10-29-00, 07:01 PM

Try calling Pioneer you just never know!
Old 10-30-00, 10:32 PM

Ive never had the lip synch problems with mine, but I began to notice dropouts with DTS on some of the newer dvds.I never did like the fact that you couldnt stop playback and restart where I left off. I retired it to the bedroom tv and a bought a Toshiba sd1600 for $200 and am very happy with it. I just didnt want to wait for it to die like my 6 month old $300 JVC vcr did four years ago on New Years Eve! I just dont have the patience for things like that.
Old 10-31-00, 01:00 PM
steak

Well, I don't know how excited to be about this, but Pioneer (w/o any trouble at all) has agreed to fix my player even though it is a month out of warranty. So, if history repeats ifself, I will be able to keep this player for another 6 months and then I will decide what to do. I think it is about a $80-100 repair so if I do get it fixed maybe I will turn it into a bedroom player or something. We will see.

Anyhoo, just wanted to relay that info to all.

Thanks