Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Lee Dorman of Iron Butterfly....RIP

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-12, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

LOS ANGELES -- Lee Dorman, the bassist for psychedelic rock band Iron Butterfly, has died at age 70.

Orange County sheriff's spokeswoman Gail Krause says Dorman was found dead in a vehicle Friday morning. A coroner's investigation is under way, but foul play is not suspected.

Krause said Dorman may have been on his way to a doctor's appointment when he died.

Iron Butterfly was formed and rose to prominence in the late 1960s. Its second album, "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida," sold more than 30 million copies, according to the band's website. The title track's distinctive notes have been featured in numerous films and TV shows including "The Simpsons," "That '70s Show" and in the series finale of "Rescue Me."

Douglas Lee Dorman was born in September 1942 and had been living in Laguna Niguel, a coastal city in Southern California, when he died.

http://www.mercurynews.com/entertain...ee-dorman-dies

I saw a post where someone said the 60's Generation is fading fast but thankfully their music lives on. Really a facinating story on Eric Brunn, the lead guitarist for them if you ever have the chance to read how he became a member. He died way too young.
Old 12-22-12, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Lee Dorman of Iron Butterfly....RIP

Damn, he lived pretty close to me.