Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Charlie's Angels complete series $27

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-12, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charlie's Angels complete series $27

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/p...rce=mailer0380

Family Video DOTD so if you want it, better pull the trigger. A dollar a disc seems like a deal to me.
Old 12-19-12, 05:13 PM

Re: Charlie's Angels complete series $27

Thanks! I bit. Big fan of the show! I only wanted season 5 as I already have the other seasons. I've been waiting for it to drop below $30. The price will probably get even lower than $27 eventually, but I'm tired of waiting and $27 sounds right for me. I can now chug my season 5 vhs tapes once and for all.
Old 12-19-12, 06:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks OP! SOLD..Definately worth it IMO. Havn't seen this show since just after high school years! My dad and I loved it. Wish he could still be around to re-live this stuff with me but Loved "The Angels" back in the 70's-
Old 12-19-12, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts

Thanks! Couldn't pass it up. Will give me my nipple fix.
Old 12-20-12, 09:45 PM
Banned

Anyone get a shipping notice yet??? It said it would ship in 24 hours but that hasn't happened and I never dealt with these folks before. Anyone have any history with them and how reliable they are???
thanks-
Old 12-20-12, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

It's been a long time since I've ordered from them, but they're definitely reliable.
Old 12-20-12, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smurr05
Anyone get a shipping notice yet??? It said it would ship in 24 hours but that hasn't happened and I never dealt with these folks before. Anyone have any history with them and how reliable they are???
thanks-
Smurr, rest assured you won't get shafted by them. I've dealt with them many a time and they've been great to deal with. Just be patient and they'll get your set out to you in no time. You got a hell of a deal on that set!
Old 12-21-12, 06:47 AM
Banned

Thanks for the feedback-Much appreciated-
Old 12-21-12, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Got my shipping notice this morning.
Old 12-22-12, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Hopefully S5 will go on sale cheap sometime in the not too distant future. Unfortunately I picked up S1-S4 for about $10 each as they were released (making my total cost so far $40 + tax), and of course I never opened any of them. I didn't even research or know that there were 5 seasons, so I thought I was done until I saw this. Guess I'll wait for the price to go under $10 on S5, and then I'll have paid $50 vs. $27.

Fortunately I pass on most $10 TV DVD seasons now as too expensive and because I'm so backlogged, so hopefully I learned my lesson to not to pay too much again.
Old 12-22-12, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From what I read, Season 5 was never released separately and there were a lot of pissed off people because it was made only available in this complete boxset. Just wanted to let you know but correct me if I am wrong.
Old 12-22-12, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Hopefully S5 will go on sale cheap sometime in the not too distant future. Unfortunately I picked up S1-S4 for about $10 each as they were released (making my total cost so far $40 + tax), and of course I never opened any of them. I didn't even research or know that there were 5 seasons, so I thought I was done until I saw this. Guess I'll wait for the price to go under $10 on S5, and then I'll have paid $50 vs. $27.

Fortunately I pass on most $10 TV DVD seasons now as too expensive and because I'm so backlogged, so hopefully I learned my lesson to not to pay too much again.
Good luck getting Season 5 for $10. I doubt it will ever drop that low because it is a MOD--not a pressed DVD.
Sony is going to release it as a MOD (manufacture on demand) set available online only via places such as Amazon's CreateSpace and WBshop's Warner Archives. They are way over-priced than regular pressed dvds. I've never seen one of their MOD multi-disc TV sets go for $10.00. Right now, amazon has it $41.00!!!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AIA884W?tag=tvshowsondvdcom&link_code=as3&creativeASIN=B00AIA884W&creative=373489&camp=211189

Better to buy the complete series the next time it goes on sale and sell your individual seasons to get your money back. The season 5 discs in the complete series box are pressed--not MOD.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Cha...-Box-Art/17800

Old 12-22-12, 11:12 AM

Highly bummed to hear they won't have S5 separately for a reasonable price. I've never heard of Manufacture on Demand before. Had I known this I probably would've ordered the set from Family Video for $27.

Well, I guess I'll have to look into how much I can get selling my S1-4 sets and buying the whole set someday. The old ones are probably not worth much considering I only paid $10 each, but I'd be happy to almost get my money back and apply it to the complete series.

So, now that the Family Video $27 sale is over, are there any other places to get a similar price or do I need to just wait for the Complete Series set to go on sale under $30 again somewhere?
Old 12-22-12, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Highly bummed to hear they won't have S5 separately for a reasonable price. I've never heard of Manufacture on Demand before. Had I known this I probably would've ordered the set from Family Video for $27.

Well, I guess I'll have to look into how much I can get selling my S1-4 sets and buying the whole set someday. The old ones are probably not worth much considering I only paid $10 each, but I'd be happy to almost get my money back and apply it to the complete series.

So, now that the Family Video $27 sale is over, are there any other places to get a similar price or do I need to just wait for the Complete Series set to go on sale under $30 again somewhere?
You're kidding, right. You've veen on this forum for 12 years and you've never heard of MOD. Or are you saying you didn't know CA S5 was MOD only.
Old 12-22-12, 12:05 PM

I'm sure it will be on sale again in the future. You just have to wait for it.
Sony has other complete series in the same cheap spindle packaging like Soap, Good Times, and Sanford and Son--and I see them on sale all the time.
I bought the complete Sanford and Son for $20 last year.
In case you don't know--The Charlie's Angels complete series discs are stored on spindles inside a box--no cases.
That's how they keep the price low.
Old 12-22-12, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
You're kidding, right. You've veen on this forum for 12 years and you've never heard of MOD. Or are you saying you didn't know CA S5 was MOD only.
Not kidding. I'm not an expert on everything. I didn't know what MOD meant, but when it was defined I understood it. I've simply never encountered any MOD discs before. I remember hearing that Warner burned copies of their "Warner archive" movies for people, but I didn't know it was for more mainstream titles. These CA complete series are actual pressed DVDs, right?

I can live with the spindle part... I have KofQ and MwC on spindles. I just hope the discs aren't scratched. I'll probably never have time to watch them anyway. I'll just keep my eye out for the CA complete series for under $30 and try to sell off the other 4 seasons. Thanks, Sony, for making the last seasons of various sets hard/expensive to get and making me do this.
Old 12-22-12, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Not kidding. I'm not an expert on everything. I didn't know what MOD meant, but when it was defined I understood it..
Sorry, I really thought you were kidding. I didn't mean to seem to attack you.

Originally Posted by ron lee green
In case you don't know--The Charlie's Angels complete series discs are stored on spindles inside a box--no cases.
That's how they keep the price low.
This is very disappointing. I should have suspected. I HATE that spindle packaging.
Old 12-23-12, 12:00 AM
Banned

This is very disappointing. I should have suspected. I HATE that spindle packaging.[/QUOTE]

In my experience with dvd sets on spindles I can honestly say I've never had a problem with scratched discs, so I am not worried about this set at all. Still a great bargain IMO!
Got my shipping notice as well-
Old 12-27-12, 05:16 PM

I got my complete series in the mail today.
The outer box is sturdy. The inner case is a cardboard fold-out and is very flimsy. It is not strong enough to hold the weight of all those discs. One of the plastic hubs that was glued to the cardboard came unattached. I will have to use my glue gun to reattach it.
Or...Better yet.
The outer box is big enough so it looks like I can transfer all the discs from the hub and move them to slim cases and store them in the outer box.
Update: Just checked and there are 27 discs. I have 14 double-sided slim cases, but that is still too wide to fit in the box. Maybe I can find another solution.

These CA complete series are actual pressed DVDs, right?
Yes, pressed.

Last edited by ron lee green; 12-27-12 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-28-12, 08:28 PM

I saw the Charlie's Angels set for $34.99 at Walmart today, and Amazon has it for $36.99. Not as cheap as the FV deal, but if this set behaves like Married with Children and King of Queens we should see $25 this next year.
Old 01-01-13, 08:17 AM
Banned

Got my set in the mail yesterday! Again absolutely no problems with any of the discs on the spindle packaging. As I've stated I have 0 problems with any of the sets I have with this style packaging so I am not really sure what all the bitchin is about with these types of sets!!! OH well...Thanks again OP for the info on this great deal!!!
Old 01-01-13, 08:46 AM

I already had the first 4 seasons on dvd, but went ahead and ordered the complete series for $27. Arrived last week and while I hate the spindle packaging, I can deal with it. The outside box is very nice, but once you open it up there are 2 cheap plastic spindles holding the dvds. I guess for $27 I can't complain.
Old 01-01-13, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's a great price. I didn't get in on it in time though.
Old 01-02-13, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by dmkb
That's a great price. I didn't get in on it in time though.
As I mentioned earlier, there's always Walmart at $34.96.
Old 03-22-13, 12:13 AM

On sale for $26.40 delivered at DVD Empire now:

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...tem_id=1622955
Well, the link doesn't work because I guess this web site prefers to break it by adding itself as the referrer. People can search then.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.