Sons of Anarchy -- Season Finale -- "J'ai Obtenu Cette" -- 12/04/12

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-12, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Sons of Anarchy -- Season Finale -- "J'ai Obtenu Cette" -- 12/04/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

SEASON FINALE - Episode 13 - "J'ai Obtenu Cette" (Airs December 4, 10:00 pm e/p) - Jax strikes a new deal while ridding himself of old problems. Written by Kurt Sutter & Chris Collins; directed by Kurt Sutter.

Episode 13 of 13

2 more seasons to go!!
Old 12-04-12, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Sons of Anarchy -- Season Finale -- "J'ai Obtenu Cette" -- 12/04/12

Well I liked the episode, but that was a pretty "meh" ending
Old 12-04-12, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a bit surprised that Clay didn't make it out of the country.

I surmise that it certainly wasn't Gemma who made the case against Tara. Clay?
Old 12-04-12, 10:47 PM

It had to be Gemma
Old 12-04-12, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why did it have to be Gemma? The timing seems all wrong. Didn't Gemma tell Clay she was helping Tara look through Luann's things?

If it's Gemma, it's a pretty boring story. Hamlet kills his mom. Ophelia goes mental. That doesn't sustain a season.

If it's Clay, it's a much more interesting story. It's psycho Marshal and protective custody versus the $5 million on Clay's head plus Jax.
Old 12-04-12, 11:04 PM

Because Clay was arrested way earlier in day, so I don't think he could have called the cops. To me it seems if somebody called in the info, they would have arrested her quicker than that.

Just my opinion. It could have easily been Clay.

Last edited by anomynous; 12-04-12 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-04-12, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh, I think Clay cut a deal after his arrest.
Old 12-05-12, 12:12 AM

Just to support my theory: Gemma already was at the police station to give a statement on Clay, so....
Old 12-05-12, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe Otto's tongue couldn't stop wagging. Now that guy is hardcore.

At Tig's response to the dogfighting. He got a friend out of it too.

Tara looked especially manly this episode.

Felt real bad for Clay. To watch the woman he loves betray him to the police.
Old 12-05-12, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll bet you didn't feel really bad for Clay when he was using his considerable size and strength to beat Gemma in the face. The woman looked like she'd be in a high speed traffic accident pre airbags after he was done with her. She has not forgiven him for that.

As for Tara, there are options, but the most likely is that Gemma did exactly what she said she was going to do. She doesn't take the threat of Tara running off with her kids lightly (as evidenced by the gut punch). If she has any hesitation, it wasn't helped by Tara foolishly and defiantly telling Gemma to do what she has to do because she (Gemma) can't hurt her (Tara) anymore.
Old 12-05-12, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC
As for Tara, there are options, but the most likely is that Gemma did exactly what she said she was going to do. She doesn't take the threat of Tara running off with her kids lightly (as evidenced by the gut punch). If she has any hesitation, it wasn't helped by Tara foolishly and defiantly telling Gemma to do what she has to do because she (Gemma) can't hurt her (Tara) anymore.
I HATED that part, the announcement of what she was going to do. Seriously--just DO it. I thought it was Gemma because she said she'd do it, and the "I'm here baby" at the end with Jax.

I loved the finale. Jax always has a plan and this one was almost as satisfying as the one where Opie killed Stahl. I wanted him to kill Pope and I was pretty sure he'd protect Tig.

The scene with Gemma betraying Clay was superb. Of course Juice betrayed him too, and with both of them being in the room it was powerful and well done. Overall I found it a very satisfying end to the season.
Old 12-05-12, 09:28 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

For once it wasn't all build up with no pay off.
Old 12-05-12, 11:30 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Funny...I thought that it was Lee Toric (Donal Logue) who got Tara busted after Otto bit his own tongue off. But Gemma? Clay? Now I'm undecided...

Thos.
Old 12-05-12, 12:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do not understand the women on this show's fascination with announcing their plans and intentions to people who can and will hurt them. Don't they know the only person who can get away with that is Billy Jack?

I wonder who is going to be VP? There is no one senior enough left. Maybe Happy?

By the last season all that will be left of Otto is a torso and a head with a middle finger sewn onto the forehead, like some disturbing biker Unicorn.

I was left unfulfilled by Pope not being set on fire.
Old 12-05-12, 12:07 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Overall, I really enjoyed this season. Finale was good, not great. Here's how I'd rank them:

Old 12-05-12, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Every time they use a song Katey Segal sings, I can't stop picturing Leela.

This season was just kind of "meh" for me with the exception of Smits. There's really nothing else on in the middle of the week that I watch so I keep staying with it. Pretty tired of the current storylines though, especially Tara. This show needs something new to keep it going two more seasons.
Old 12-05-12, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

So we get to see more of Nero, which is a plus. Tig is alive, which is a plus.

I thought it had to have been Gemma, but then I remembered she told Clay that she helped Tara get the cross for Otto. So it could've been him, but wouldn't that fall under hearsay rules? Gemma was the only one with the direct interaction with Tara regarding the cross, so it makes the most sense with her being the one who called.

Nice to see Dave Navarro with another cameo with nothing to do.
Old 12-05-12, 03:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it was Gemma who ratted Tara out, then she needs to die. As for Jax, he's been wanting to leave for the longest and now he's got the opportunity and he doesn't. I don't get that. As for Bobby, he needs to understand from where Jax is coming from. Clay killed his father, tried to kill his wife, killed Piney, killed Donna and however more things he did and Bobby STILL tries to justify his life? Wasn't Bobby the one who was advocating for Juice be be out of the club for ratting out the club to the Fed's? Bobby needs to open his eyes and see that Jax got them out of the arms and drug trade and into a legitimate business to make money and not have the feds always on them. I think once Jax ginds out what Gemma did to Terra, she's as good as dead.
Old 12-05-12, 04:33 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre

I wonder who is going to be VP? There is no one senior enough left. Maybe Happy?
Move Chibs up to VP and Hap to Sergeant-at-arms
Old 12-05-12, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OK, a lot of discussion about who turned in Tara, but no discussion about the state of the relationship between Tara and Jax. Just before the police arrive, Tara announces to Jax she has taken the Oregon job and is leaving Charming, and taking his boys with her. We don't really get to see Jax's reaction to this revelation, other than a few moments of pursed lips.

With Tara in jail, there's no imminent threat of someone taking his kids away. Does he let her stew for awhile? Of course getting arrested also impacts her job prospects in Oregon. Maybe they've disappeared. Maybe she realizes it, and that's why we get the final scene of exasperation and resignation as she realizes her plan to exit the life have been dashed when she's an inch away from success (in her mind). So she deflatedly says call the lawyer.

Even if it comes out Gemma spilled the beans, she can easily say she got wind of Tara's plans and did it to protect Jax and prevent Tara from leaving with the kids. It'll be interesting to see where the relationship is between Jax and Tara when the show returns.
Old 12-05-12, 05:35 PM
Banned

This was easily the best season since season two. It might've actually surpassed it. I haven't seen two since it aired, so, like Dexter S2, I may be remembering it being better than it was.

Very impressive, though, especially since seasons three and four were such absolute garbage.
Old 12-05-12, 05:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC
Even if it comes out Gemma spilled the beans, she can easily say she got wind of Tara's plans and did it to protect Jax and prevent Tara from leaving with the kids. It'll be interesting to see where the relationship is between Jax and Tara when the show returns.
But was't leaving to Oregon part of Jax's plan as well? It was established he wanted to leave but only stayed to get the club out from under Pope and the Cartel wasn't it? If it wasn't, how can Jax ever forgive Gemma for doing that to his wife? On top of him blaming her for his fathers death, which Tara can tell him was also in the letters but Gemma never gave to him. Getting high and almost killing his kids? I understand it's his mother but theres only so much one can forgive.
Old 12-05-12, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
So we get to see more of Nero, which is a plus. Tig is alive, which is a plus.

I thought it had to have been Gemma, but then I remembered she told Clay that she helped Tara get the cross for Otto. So it could've been him, but wouldn't that fall under hearsay rules? Gemma was the only one with the direct interaction with Tara regarding the cross, so it makes the most sense with her being the one who called.

Nice to see Dave Navarro with another cameo with nothing to do.
Entertaining finale.

Yeah, I wondered about Clay too. It's been a long time since I took Crim Pro and Evidence (two of my worst classes no less), but I don't think hearsay rules apply to an arrest warrant. Not that I expect this show to take a Law & Order approach anyhow.
Old 12-05-12, 06:43 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

TVLINE | Just to confirm: Tara’s arrest was the result of Gemma making good on her promise to rat her out?

My intention was to definitely put that out there as a possibility, and I think we’ll reveal how that happened. I do want the audience coming away with, “Wow, did she actually follow through on that threat? And what does that mean for Gemma and Jax if he finds out?” I definitely wanted to create that discussion.
http://tvline.com/2012/12/04/sons-of...s-kurt-sutter/
Old 12-05-12, 07:26 PM
Banned

You know, we had a scene in the finale that we cut out of the broadcast version because I didn’t know what I wanted to do with it next season. We had Chibs ask what they do about Juice and Jax just gives him a nod. We then see Chibs go to Clay’s house and he beats the sh-t out of Juice within an inch of his life. But I realized that I didn’t want to do that because I loved the moment with Jax and Juice in the clubhouse, when he kisses him and says, ‘I’m proud of you.’ I didn’t want to undermine that moment and make Jax look like a psychopath.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.