Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Atoms For Peace (Thom Yorke) - Amok

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-12, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At last, Thom Yorke's project Atoms for Peace (also featuring producer Nigel Godrich, the Red Hot Chili Peppers' Flea, Joey Waronker, and percussionist Mauro Refosco), have confirmed the details of their debut album. As previously suspected, it's titled Amok. However, the release date is not, as previously rumored, January 28. It's actually out February 25 in the UK and February 26 in the U.S. via XL Recordings. It'll include the single they released this fall, "Default". Check out the tracklist below.
Yorke and Nigel Godrich recently shared details about the making of the album with Rolling Stone. Yorke said, "We were at Flea's house. We got wasted, played pool and listened to Fela Kuti all night."
Writing on Radiohead's website, Yorke said, "I'm still reeling from being on tour for much of the year but we are planning to get together and play etc next year! We're figuring all that out right now. Atoms is a ongoing and open ended project, where it leads i know not for certain .... which is what is nice about it."

Amok:
01 Before Your Very Eyes
02 Default
03 Ingenue
04 Dropped
05 Unless
06 Stuck Together Pieces
07 Judge Jury and Executioner
08 Reverse Running
09 Amok

http://pitchfork.com/news/48487-thom...ail-new-album/

Really been enjoying "Default" so far