TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Killing (AMC) - Season 3

Old 12-03-12, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts
The Killing (AMC) - Season 3

Coming back to AMC in May!

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...miere-20121201

At the end of July, AMC closed the curtain on "The Killing" after a disappointing second season that saw flagging viewership and overall criticism for an arc that routinely saw the narrative spin its wheels. But, less than a month later, word emerged that both Netflix and DirecTV came calling, looking to team up with Fox TV Studios to revive the show. Then, a few weeks ago, AMC was back in the game, with reports that they might team with Netflix to make the third season happen. And well, for fans of the show, the good news is that the show is definitely coming back.

AMC has now set a late May 2013 bow for the third season, with development starting imminently. While Netflix's involvement isn't yet confirmed -- the deal hasn't been finalized -- it does seem as if AMC will be partnering with somebody to help share the costs, which seems to be the reason "The Killing" is coming back at all. As for the storyline, there's no word yet, however, Joel Kinnaman and Mireille Enos last we heard were apparently both already signed to return (though Variety suggests this may not be the case, but we can't really see the show happening without them) while Michelle Forbes and Brent Sexton may not come back. Billy Campbell is also uncertain at the moment.

Either way, "The Killing" really has to come back ferociously and with some purpose if it wants to survive past the third season. As we wrote about season two, "[it] soon turned into an irritating jerk around, resulting in a kind of blue balls for the audience." Hopefully the writers and showrunner Veena Sud have heard the criticism and are ready to have this show live up to its potential.
Old 12-03-12, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts
Re: The Killing (AMC) - Season 3

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/606...rd-season.html

Already a thread and I posted this new update last week. Apparently noone here gives a shit.
Old 12-03-12, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad.

Veena Sud and her team of tugfuckers need to be kept away from TV.
Old 12-03-12, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/606...rd-season.html

Already a thread and I posted this new update last week. Apparently noone here gives a shit.
Ack...sorry Djariya...didn't find it in a search. Anyway, it now appears official.
Old 12-03-12, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

Someone remind me...who won the mayoral election? Or did we never see the results?
Old 12-03-12, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Richmond

Also there's no need for Season 3 to exist
Old 12-03-12, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking forward to it!
Old 12-03-12, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Autotelik

Looking forward to it!
Me too.
Old 12-04-12, 06:48 AM

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

I watched the first two seasons over a weekend while I was sick a few months ago and I loved it. It was a ton of fun to see how they'd come up with a curve ball every few episodes. It was odd to me that this annoyed people since it seemed like that was the entire point of the show!

But I don't understand how they're going to do a third season. The story was pretty much wrapped up and the characters split up.
Old 12-04-12, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I stopped watching at the third episode or so of the second season, and then watched the finale.

So... I'll watch a few episodes of this to see if I like it.
Old 12-04-12, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by anomynous
Richmond

Also there's no need for Season 3 to exist
There was no reason for season 2 to exist either. I've said it before, but the Killing would've made an excellent 2-part Law And Order episode.
Old 12-04-12, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by ben12
I watched the first two seasons over a weekend while I was sick a few months ago and I loved it. It was a ton of fun to see how they'd come up with a curve ball every few episodes. It was odd to me that this annoyed people since it seemed like that was the entire point of the show!
My guess is you would have a very different opinion if you were watching on a week to week basis, seeing it get dragged out, in addition to also knowing (I'm guessing here) that the story wasn't resolved in S1 ahead of time.
Old 12-04-12, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i am more likley to watch this than the 2nd season.. as I really did not want to continue with that murder storyline any further as I felt duped..

that being said, i liked the atmosphere and acting and would jump back in for season 3.. note to producers.. must find killer in standalone season...
Old 12-04-12, 12:48 PM

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"

I, like many others, had plenty of complaints about this show. However, season 2 wasn't that bad. I recently watched both seasons back to back...and yes there are some big eyeroll moments, but it was not as bad the second time around.

That being said, don't fuck this one up. Learn from the mistakes you made in the first two seasons and make a solid third.
Old 12-05-12, 10:28 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

The two leads are great and the only thing that kept me watching. Maybe if they got a new showrunner, I'd give it another chance.
Old 12-05-12, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm all for this...but really only if they give us new characters (aside from Linden and Holder) and a new murder to solve. I think this is a really well done show, and the acting is top notch. But season two really needed to be a new mystery.

One mystery per season, in my opinion.
Old 12-05-12, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 645 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by ben12

But I don't understand how they're going to do a third season. The story was pretty much wrapped up and the characters split up.
Part of it was that was because it was based off a Danish series that dealt with one murder a season, making the expectation that the US show would follow the same format. I'm not sure if that was ever promised or hinted at, but as it was the defining characteristic of the original show, it seemed odd that the US show wouldn't follow that format.

Here's Veena Sud being deliberately coy about whether the first season would end with the killer revealed:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/01/...-murder-to-amc

There was also Sud's reaction to the hate of the first season finale, where she said she was "flattered" by the vitrol:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-k...r-hatre,58003/

Then, she revealed only near the start of season 2 that the killer wouldn't be revealed until the end of that season:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-k...-murder,67575/
Old 12-05-12, 04:52 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Well, on a positive note this won't be the worst thing that either Mireille Enos or Joel Kinnaman are in in 2013.
Old 12-05-12, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I sort of understand the disappointment that many felt when S1 ended in a cliffhanger. However, a lot of the other complaints are about them focusing on a suspect each week then debunking that suspect. This is a murder investigation.... of course they're going to have multiple suspects who don't pan out
Old 12-05-12, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I could see how the show might work better if you watched it all in a row. When you have one week to think and discuss (post) between episodes you start to get annoyed with what become more and more glaring plotholes. Not only that it seems like it took us 2 years to tell a story that took place in just a couple of weeks or months in their universe. Never a good thing when you have that much more time passing in real life than in a story.
Old 12-06-12, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Another thought occurred to me - if Netflix is looking into reviving shows, maybe they'll take a look at Boss. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 12-12-12, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

http://tvline.com/2012/12/12/the-kil...edium=facebook

Billy Campbell (Darren Richmond) will not return for season 3.

Brent Sexton and Michelle Forbes also will not return (which is pretty much a no-brainer)

It says that Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman are "likely" to return. Probably means they haven't been signed yet to a new contract.
Old 12-12-12, 11:17 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Shame, I liked billy Campbell.

Seems more like a cost cutting move.
Old 01-15-13, 03:49 PM

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60359

100% official, Enos & Kinnaman returning
Old 01-15-13, 03:54 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

one more episode to watch of Forbrydelsen Season 3. Just watch that series instead of this nonsense.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.