Search this Thread

Old 11-27-12, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Revolution -- Midseason Finale -- "Nobody's Fault, But Mine" -- 11/26/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
In the gang's quest to rescue Danny (Graham Rogers), the time has come for Miles (Billy Burke) and Monroe (David Lyons) to meet face to face. Meanwhile, on the verge of reuniting with her brother, Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) is conflicted by a shocking discovery and Rachel (Elizabeth Mitchell) tests Monroe's patience. Giancarlo Esposito, Daniella Alonso, Zak Orth, JD Pardo, Maria Howell and Tim Guinee also star.

Read more: Listings - REVOLUTION on NBC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2DPM5Fpr3

Episode 10 of 22

This was the last episode until March 25, 2013

Anyways, I caught up with the last 2 episodes (Kashmir and this one tonight)

I know alot of you in this forum have issues with this show and it's writing. But, I thought this was the best episode of the season (I think even slightly better than the Pilot) Lots of action. Miles was a badass and Charlie wasn't annoying. The Plot moved forward alot.

The one thing I liked was seeing the backstory of Miles and Monroe as kids and as adults before and after the blackout. I think it added some perspective to their relationship. The sword fight between was pretty cool and well chereographed.

at how the group was in awe at the chopper instead of running after escaping from Monroe's compound. Kind of a strange ending point. I can tell this episode wasn't truly designed as a "Finale." Personally I really don't have any issues with the split season. Cable does it all the time, especially USA. I'd rather see 12 new episodes in a row come March than have 1 air in December, 2 air in January, 2 weeks off, 3 weeks off etc etc. I think the cast is starting to gel with each other and you can see chemistry developing between them.

If any of you are curious about the ratings. It's won the timeslot in the 18-49 demos through all 9 episodes that have aired so far.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...d-down/158386/

Last week it won the timeslot as well. When it comes back in March, it will have the new season of The Voice as a lead-in, which helped it alot this Fall.

Last edited by DJariya; 11-27-12 at 02:15 AM.
Old 11-27-12, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Revolution -- Midseason Finale -- "Nobody's Fault, But Mine" -- 11/26/12

I am not minding breaking up the seasons like this too much, in some ways with a four month break you might as well call it season two, at least that is what it feels like with such a break. It is nice to just have episode after episode and not all broken up like showed do and used to do more often. In some ways I would always not mind having them show the entire season back to back.
Old 11-27-12, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

So what are they going to do when they run out of Zeppelin songs to use as titles?
Old 11-27-12, 01:59 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

best episode of the season
Old 11-27-12, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-highs/159016/

Ratings were up. 8.7M viewers and 2.9 in demos. Won the timeslot for the 10th straight week.
Old 11-27-12, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I'm guessing Rachel(I think that's her name) designed the thing to only work for a few minutes. The next scene will probably be the chopper sputtering and crash landing.
Old 11-27-12, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I'm guessing Rachel(I think that's her name) designed the thing to only work for a few minutes. The next scene will probably be the chopper sputtering and crash landing.
You think she would add in a fail safe.
Old 11-27-12, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

It also annoyed me that they wasted time having a staredown, and then a slap, but didn't take 10 seconds to grab the pendent, or even amplifier. Come on people!
Old 11-27-12, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait.....the power started up the choppers but not the power plant???

Well, there will probably be a limitation on how far the choppers can go from the amplifier before they stop working.

On the whole, an amazing ep.....did not disappoint.

Did anyone see the huge commercial for the mid-season finale during the broadcast of the Indiana Jones movie on Saturday night? The creators were there to say watch the finale and here's what's happened so far: montage of clips from the whole season must've gone 90-120 seconds. Very comprehensive. Might be responsible for the spike in ratings.
Old 11-27-12, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Rachel designed a bomb. The guy she stabbed with a screwdriver designed the amplifier she completed as I understood it.

When we learn Tubby is a cannibal, he's going to eat Gus Fring first.

I guess I'll be back in the spring. There is just something about this show, terrible as it is.
Old 11-27-12, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by barbybrant
Wait.....the power started up the choppers but not the power plant???

Well, there will probably be a limitation on how far the choppers can go from the amplifier before they stop working.
As seen in the preview, the amplifier is onboard the helicopter -- only that one is getting power right now.
Old 11-28-12, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Faint praise given everything else in between but this has been the best episode of the season since the pilot.

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
It also annoyed me that they wasted time having a staredown, and then a slap, but didn't take 10 seconds to grab the pendent, or even amplifier. Come on people!
That pissed the hell out of me.

Speaking of the staredown, anyone else get the vibe that she'd as soon as kiss him as she would hit him?

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
When we learn Tubby is a cannibal, he's going to eat Gus Fring first.
It's only a matter of time before the hunger gets the better of him.
Old 11-28-12, 08:41 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The question I have, if I'm understanding this correctly... this amplifier basically puts out a 'zone' where all the powered stuff suddenly works and has a range in which helicopters and jets (according to dialogue) can reach. So when Monroe rolls into town, wouldn't the power in that area work for the rebels/Georgia Republic/etc. as well? Granted, Monroe has the element of surprise and a more organized fleet, but I'd imagine after a few attacks the word would get out.

Now I didn't think about the idea that there would be an amp of each vehicle... but considering they only have one pendant (and only needed Rachel to make one amp) I assumed this thing broadcast the 'power' to a wider range.
Old 11-28-12, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts

If there was a wide range, yes, it would power rebel vehicles... but the rebels don't have vehicles.

Last edited by GuessWho; 11-28-12 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-28-12, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GuessWho
As seen in the preview, the amplifier is onboard the helicopter -- only that one is getting power right now.
In last week's episode she was explaining that her "amplifier" would power anything within half a mile (I think she said half a mile). Of course she was really building a bomb, so who knows how strong the other guy's amp is. But then again his "amp" looked really similar to her "bomb".
Old 11-28-12, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The practical problem, I'd think, is that helicopters and things like that need fuel. Fuel is made from refining oil. All of that is going to take electricity. Further, you can't just siphon helicopter fuel out of the gas tank of a car. Even if you lower your aims and decide to use the pendant to run a car, my understanding is that the high ethanol content of current gas makes it actually go bad in a surprisingly short amount of time.

I'd think you hear the helicopter coming, you take cover and wait for the fuel to run out.
Old 11-28-12, 05:56 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm assuming this is just another flaw with the show but could someone tell me if this was addressed and I just slept through it?? These pendants not
only shield devices from the "blackout source" but also somehow supply power to things within a certain radius? It's not like the power grids would be working...

Ugh.
Old 11-28-12, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh, I think I see what you're saying. Perhaps we're supposed to buy that the pendant is supplying the fuel for the helicopter.
Old 11-28-12, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

On a side note, I saw planes crash so we know it shuts down power thousands of feet up, yet I recall seeing lightning which is energy, I wonder how the show thinks of that, maintaining energy or sparking it, a split second can be different then maintaining it long term, not sure.

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Oh, I think I see what you're saying. Perhaps we're supposed to buy that the pendant is supplying the fuel for the helicopter.
I would not be surprised if the show tries to do such things, either the pendant blocks the thing blocking what turned out the power or just powers stuff on which would be an issue in how would it be that powerful.

I want to find out what turned off the power to the entire planet!
Old 11-29-12, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

One of the stupidest things I've ever seen in a show: When Miles put his gun down to tell Monroe he was going to kill him, allowing Monroe time to get close enough to Miles to stop him from shooting him. JUST SHOOT HIM!
Old 11-29-12, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
I want to find out what turned off the power to the entire planet!
I'm willing to bet that the writers don't even have the answer to that one yet.
Old 11-29-12, 08:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not the whole planet only the us (possibly North America) that lost power and the rest of the world is watching via satellites the reality show "How Dumb can you be?"
Old 11-29-12, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ben12
One of the stupidest things I've ever seen in a show: When Miles put his gun down to tell Monroe he was going to kill him, allowing Monroe time to get close enough to Miles to stop him from shooting him. JUST SHOOT HIM!
That was oO worthy.

*Puts down down* I am so sorry I did not kill you. Us - Who does that!??!!?!

I have been watching a couple movies, spy type shows etc, what I noticed far too often is people cannot TIE the bad guys or the good guys up very well and they let them get too close.

Here is how you tie someone up, hand cuff each hand and leg to something that cannot be broken or moved, then duct tape them and then use rope and some extra tie things with more duct tape! There, they can now not escape!

Originally Posted by Noonan
They are liking thinking, good thing we have some time to think this over. Is something on that cased this? Why can it not be turned off, no one knows where it is? And he knew it was coming, I am CURIOUS, I still think this story really should be a season long to tell it all, some series work better to go season after season, this concept would work better being a bit shorter unless they have really good plans.
Old 11-29-12, 08:37 AM

Spoiler:
A wheel in a well on an island turned by a polar bear.
Old 11-29-12, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They're in purgatory.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.