Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Philippines -- "Dead Man Walking" -- 11/07/12

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who do you think will be voted out tonight?
Malcolm
0%
Abi-Maria
0%
Jeff
57.14%
Penner
28.57%
Skupin
14.29%
Artis
0%
Denise
0%
Lisa
0%
Carter
0%
Pete
0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-12, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

"Dead Man Walking" - In one of the most complicated and entertaining Tribal Councils ever, a brutally honest conversation leads to surprising revelations, on SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES, Wednesday, Nov. 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Read more: Listings - SURVIVOR on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2BakOpgGz

FYI,

If you also watch The Voice and X-Factor, you may have a DVR conflict as all 3 are airing tonight in the same timeslot.

Last edited by DJariya; 11-07-12 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-07-12, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Survivor: Philippines -- "Dead Man Walking" -- 11/07/12

Pete's gotta be freakin' out that Abi keeps opening her mouth.

With nothing more than a suggestion from Jeff, she volunteers the fact that she has a HII.
Old 11-07-12, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Exactly as I thought, Jeff sealed his fate last week. He gave the game away through his petty obsession with Pennar. What a dope.

But what the hell was Pennar doing voting for Abi? It was his idea for them to band together in the first place. I guess in a way he screwed Jeff out of the game, and in Pennar's defense Jeff deserved exactly nothing from Pennar.
Old 11-07-12, 08:19 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jesus, Penner and Skupin really seem to have no clue what they're doing with their votes...maybe I'll be proven wrong by the end.

Loved Jeff's parting words.
Old 11-07-12, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff looked like a douche with his parting words. We didn't need to know he made 60 million dollars (I would have guessed he made much more) and that he wanted another 1 million, that of course would ONLY be another 600k after OBAMA takes HIS share.

It would have been refreshing to see him say, without using a number, that's he's made a LOT of money playing professional baseball, but that he really just wanted to WIN the game of Survivor.

Unless Abi really goes bonkers it looks like she could go the distance or very close, as it seems like a lot of people want to sit next to her. I can't stand her, but it might be a reality.
Old 11-07-12, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

That was quite the episode. With as much strategic talk going on, it sure seemed like there was blunder after blunder.

Simple mistake, but one that appeared obvious was during the reward challenge. Why did the winning team have Lisa swim one of the later legs, and therefore have to go further out? If not for Skupin's poor finish and the big comeback, that would have cost them.

Then Lisa seemed so focused on bringing the 3 least likeable players to the final 5 to better her chance at a victory that she wasn't thinking about the fact she needed to break up that alliance to really have a chance.

Abi is completely clueless the way she runs her mouth, both at camp laying out the pecking order and now at TC in front of everyone.

And I thought Malcolm way overplayed his macho man talk at TC with the idol in his hand. Right away, it seemed obvious he wasn't going to play it. For all the talk about a target being on his back, he's really going to experience it now.

All in all, it made for a fun and unpredictable night. Surprised at Jeff's "sore loser" comments at the end. Then again, I can understand where he'd have a tremendous ego (Texas-sized, perhaps ) from his MLB days. No different than Russell and Penner who think they're superior. Russell, of course, was the only one who would say that to others prior to being voted out.
Old 11-07-12, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Fun episode. After last season, with so many predictable votes, it's fun to have no idea what's going to happen. Thank God Penner won.

Originally Posted by aktick
Jesus, Penner and Skupin really seem to have no clue what they're doing with their votes...maybe I'll be proven wrong by the end.
Well, Jeff was so adamant about hating to see a returning player win. I guess Penner and Skupin's votes make sense if they got wind of Jeff saying this (and there are a lot of loose lips in the game) and took advantage of the clear opportunity to get him out. Pete now knows there are three people left in the game gunning for him. Maybe that'll keep Penner and Skupin off the chopping blocking in the near future.

Loved Jeff's parting words.
Jeff not really doing anything with his airtime to disprove his douche reputation from baseball. And that's ok ... Survivor wouldn't be fun without a few douches.
Old 11-07-12, 10:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obama sucks so I'm ok with Jeff's comments.
Old 11-07-12, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
Fun episode. After last season, with so many predictable votes, it's fun to have no idea what's going to happen. Thank God Penner won.
The Survivor folks had to love how that Immunity Challenge ended up. Down to the wire with Penner advancing to the final 3 and then he takes the win in dramatic fashion On the surface, it sure seemed as if there would have been no drama at TC if Penner lost there.
Old 11-07-12, 11:03 PM
Suspended

Jeff not really doing anything with his airtime to disprove his douche reputation from baseball. And that's ok ... Survivor wouldn't be fun without a few douches.
About 49% of the country disagrees. I suppose it's only natural to consider somebody you don't agree with politically a douche. Makes sense. I'm looking at you Groucho!

I'm just surprised they aired it.
Old 11-07-12, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh, and how could I forget about Carter's genius?

Jeff (to Carter): Is the plan to vote out Skupin?

Carter (to Jeff): I thought the plan was to vote out you.

Old 11-07-12, 11:08 PM
Suspended

Oh, and how could I forget about Carter's genius?

Jeff (to Carter): Is the plan to vote out Skupin?

Carter (to Jeff): I thought the plan was to vote out you.

Carter's look alone makes him look like a moran. I'd want to take him and abi to the finals I think.
Old 11-07-12, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Baseball players are obsessed with numbers, so it makes sense that he'd toss around all those numbers in his closing comments.
Old 11-07-12, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Jeff looked like a douche with his parting words. We didn't need to know he made 60 million dollars (I would have guessed he made much more) and that he wanted another 1 million, that of course would ONLY be another 600k after OBAMA takes HIS share.
Yeah, because Obama is the one who determines how much Survivor's grand prize goes to takes. What a douchebag.

And RC...
Old 11-07-12, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

About 49% of the country disagrees. I suppose it's only natural to consider somebody you don't agree with politically a douche. Makes sense. I'm looking at you Groucho!
He was a douche for first bragging about the money he made. The other stuff just made him look stupid.
Old 11-08-12, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by madcougar
He was a douche for first bragging about the money he made.
This. He had sour grapes about getting voted out, and was throwing out the big figures he made as if to say "I may not have won this game, but I'm still rich and better than all of you".

I didn't even pay that much notice to the Obama line. I think Jeff has bipartisan douchiness.
Old 11-08-12, 12:22 AM
Suspended

Ok.
Old 11-08-12, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

All you need to know about Jeff Kent is that when he and Barry Bonds had real issues with each other the other Giants players were on Barry's side.
Old 11-08-12, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
All you need to know about Jeff Kent is that when he and Barry Bonds had real issues with each other the other Giants players were on Barry's side.
Old 11-08-12, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
It would have been refreshing to see him say, without using a number, that's he's made a LOT of money playing professional baseball, but that he really just wanted to WIN the game of Survivor.
You guys are taking his comments the wrong way. He was saying that despite earning all that baseball money, he still wanted this million really badly; not because he wants another million dollars, but rather because it would have meant that he had won this game.
Old 11-08-12, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

I have no clue who is allied with whom this season at all (the 3-tribe setup contributing to that), but that was an entertaining TC. at Jeff Kent's rant at the end.
Old 11-08-12, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
You guys are taking his comments the wrong way. He was saying that despite earning all that baseball money, he still wanted this million really badly; not because he wants another million dollars, but rather because it would have meant that he had won this game.
Then he should have said "You know even though I've had a fruitful career in baseball and don't actually NEED the money, I really wanted to win Survivor."
Old 11-08-12, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Jeff Kent is aware that Obama is not the only President to tax people, right?
Old 11-08-12, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Zero sympathy for Jeff because he flushed his own game down the toilet last week.

Don't have a problem with his exit comments though. The prizes on these shows should be AFTER taxes.
Old 11-08-12, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Took 2 things away from the episode this week :

1. Carter is stupid.

2. Jeff Kent is a dick.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.