The Amazing Race 21 -- "Get Your Sexy On" -- 11/04/12

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-12, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
The Amazing Race 21 -- "Get Your Sexy On" -- 11/04/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Relax with the Amazing Race teams in exotic Istanbul, where the water's fine, the drinks are flowing, and for the first time ever, one team steals another team's money. Steam up your Sunday night on the next episode of The Amazing Race airing Sunday at 8/7c.

Promo:

<object width="480" height="270"><param name="movie" value="http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=nyFX_SCaK34R&partner=cbs&gen=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed width="480" height="270" src="http://can.cbs.com/thunder/player/chrome/canplayer.swf?pid=nyFX_SCaK34R&partner=cbs&gen=1" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>
Old 11-04-12, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Amazing Race 21 -- "Get Your Sexy On" -- 11/04/12

FYI as of 7:12pm ET, the Steelers/Giants game is still in progress. There is over 4 minutes left. Prepare to pad if you live in the East and Central markets.
Old 11-04-12, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk God

FYI, the show starts at 8:33pm ET tonight for those in the East/Central Markets.
Old 11-04-12, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

The master-what?!?!
Old 11-04-12, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

That was bullshit.

The twins should have been ejected from the race. Not eliminated, ejected as in go home: You do not get to appear in the finale, and you will never be asked to come back for another season. Stealing another team's money should be no different than any other kind of interference like hiding clues or direct sabotage of a challenge.

And Trey and Lexi should have at least received a penalty, if not being ejected, for taking part in the theft.
Old 11-04-12, 08:36 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
That was bullshit.

The twins should have been ejected from the race. Not eliminated, ejected as in go home: You do not get to appear in the finale, and you will never be asked to come back for another season. Stealing another team's money should be no different than any other kind of interference like hiding clues or direct sabotage of a challenge.

And Trey and Lexi should have at least received a penalty, if not being ejected, for taking part in the theft.
I completely agree. I was shocked when Phil said nothing at the pit stop.
Old 11-04-12, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trey looks like a young John Travolta.

That was BS the twinsies taking the rockers money. How can that not be a major penalty or as the poster above said--ejection from the game? What a precedent they just set. Did they actually go in the bag and take the money? I'm thinking they didn't, (wasn't paying attention at that point) and that is why they didn't have consequences?
Old 11-04-12, 08:50 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by magiccmom
That was BS the twinsies taking the rockers money. How can that not be a major penalty or as the poster above said--ejection from the game? What a precedent they just set. Did they actually go in the bag and take the money? I'm thinking they didn't, (wasn't paying attention at that point) and that is why they didn't have consequences?
Trey & Lexi, the rockers, and the twins were all at the travel agent together. The rockers got up from a seat to use the computer and the twins found it on the seat. Trey & Lexi saw it and the four of them conspired to keep quiet about it & not tell the rockers.
Old 11-04-12, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wasn't watching closely either, but it was certainly implied they found the money which had been dropped.

I've never been in a race for a million dollars, but I'm pretty sure I would have given the money back no matter how high the stakes (although I wonder what I would have done if that was the final leg).

So, no matter how you view what the girls did, I found it to be repulsive and, given the male guy from Texas was against it, had that team found it alone, I'm pretty sure it would have been returned, I don't see how you can penalize a team for keeping something another team lost.
Old 11-04-12, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

I figure the producers had a hand in making sure they got enough money to get to the airport for their flight. And why the fuck would they take their money out and just leave it on a table? Whole thing seems like manufactured drama.
Old 11-04-12, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

The problem was they knowingly kept the money that they knew another team had lost. It wasn't like they found a wad of money on the street with no other teams around. They even knew whose money it was and still kept it.

I, like others here, was completely stunned that not only were the twins not penalized (Texas should have received a penalty as well for keeping half the money) but it was not even mentioned when both teams checked in. Fucking bullshit and I hope karma is a bitch to those twinnies.

It irritates me so much I almost don't want to finish the season, and I am not the type that takes these reality shows seriously, but this just got all over me.
Old 11-04-12, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm shocked there were no penalties. There's a rule you can't take another team's possessions to their detriment, why is this situation any different?
Old 11-04-12, 09:52 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

There was another season where a team accidentally grabbed another team's fanny pack, and they got hit with a penalty. I don't see how this is any different...indeed, it's much worse since they knew what they were doing.
Old 11-04-12, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Groucho
There was another season where a team accidentally grabbed another team's fanny pack, and they got hit with a penalty. I don't see how this is any different...indeed, it's much worse since they knew what they were doing.
Yeah, that was the Unfinished Business season when Flight Time and Big Easy grabbed one of Ron and Christina's packs by mistake.

I can understand why they would were penalized because such a mistake caused another team harm, and because such an act could be done intentionally to sabotage another team.

But to have one team INTENTIONALLY take another team's money is something that should not have been tolerated. Both teams should have been severely penalized.
Old 11-04-12, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

I was confused also when they did not penalize the twins for taking the money but then it could be that the producers considers money as a resource. Plenty of teams have taken other team's cabs without penalty. They didn't go into the rocker's wallets to take the money. They "found" the money and chose not to return it. I'm sure the producers stepped in to fund/seed the the rockers more money so they could still race.
Old 11-04-12, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The twinnies should have been kicked out or given a 12 hour penalty (which hopefully would accomplish the same thing). Team Texas should have received a 6 hour penalty for knowingly taking part in the theft. Instead, they received a free trip to Australia.
Old 11-04-12, 10:58 PM
Banned

Disgusting behavior by a disgusting team.
Old 11-04-12, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
Disgusting behavior by a disgusting team.
I completely agree, but I still don't think it's theft. And I don't think it's comparable to taking the wrong fanny pack. You have a responsibility to know what is yours and what belongs to another team...I'm not so sure you HAVE to give back something another team loses. I mean, what if it had fallen out in the taxi, the driver found it and kept it, rather than try and find his last fare and return it? Too bad, right?

Taking the money was a terrible thing to do, but the only fair penalty is that they have to live with what they did, especially being broadcast to 8 million viewers.

And certainly the Texas team shouldn't be penalized for not telling anyone. Taking sides, even if it's morally the right thing to do, could end up hurting their game.
Old 11-04-12, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

I came into the thread expecting to talk about the goat farmers' narrow escape only to find the conversation completely about the twinnies' shenanigans. I agree they should be penalized--they KNEW it was another team's money and kept it to get a competitive advantage. I haven't been watching the show that long--any precedent for a team getting found out after the end of the leg and getting penalized on the next one?

at the twinnies' saying that another team isn't very well liked.

The goat farmers escaped this leg--kudos to them for making it, even after doing their best to screw up a fairly easy detour--but it seems they just aren't very smart. Nearly every episode they make some bad decision that usually ends up with the tall guy wandering around with a befuddled expression.
Old 11-05-12, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by chowderhead
I was confused also when they did not penalize the twins for taking the money but then it could be that the producers considers money as a resource. Plenty of teams have taken other team's cabs without penalty. They didn't go into the rocker's wallets to take the money. They "found" the money and chose not to return it. I'm sure the producers stepped in to fund/seed the the rockers more money so they could still race.
It seems like kind of a fine line.

Taking a cab is one thing; that is ultimately the cab driver's decision. It's not a lot different from a taxi driver ditching a team. And we all know how taxi drivers can fuck teams around.

If a team loses something like money (which the race provides), a clue, a passport, a ticket, or luggage, then another team shouldn't be able to steal it, destroy it, or hide it. They should have no obligation to say anything, but they shouldn't be able to interfere, either. So if James and Abba lost the money, then the other teams who noticed shouldn't be obligated to say something. They likewise shouldn't be obligated to say or do anything if some little kids sees it and takes it. But taking it themselves should be against the rules. If they pick up a lost item from another team, then they should either put it back where they found it or return it to its owner.
Old 11-05-12, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have a feeling the next episode will start with the Twins getting a huge time penalty.

D
Old 11-05-12, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

I guess I shouldn't be suprised that the two weakest teams chose the wrong Detour, but passing on being on the receiving end of a Turkish bath ? The Detour should have been to perform a Turkish bath on a local citizen.

And then there was the speed bump. Was eating one ice cream cone supposed to be some kind of challenge?

But enough of my attempts to change the subject. The Twinnies are evil and need to be penalized!
Old 11-05-12, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love what the Twinnies did.

Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!
Old 11-05-12, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's to hoping that Carson Daly was right about karma. Good to see that Team Metal wasn't really penalised by it as they still were able to make the flight. Who knows maybe the producers nudged the locals into helping them out.

I'm rooting for Team Metal and the Chippendales to make the final. Unlikely but I can't stand the stronger teams (Twins, Ryan and Abbie)
Old 11-05-12, 08:35 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the rockers had left the travel agent, then I'd say the money was fair game. But considering they had just stepped away from the table and were still in the building, it's theft and sabotage, plain and simple. I was shocked to not hear Phil, "Trey and Lexi... You're the first team to arrive. However..."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.