Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

The Burbs - Insert?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-12, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Burbs - Insert?

Did "The Burbs" on DVD come with an insert? Just bought it used online and it did not come with one... should it have?

This is the version I got:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078...T2&me=&seller=
Old 10-31-12, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Re: The Burbs - Insert?

My copy came with an insert.
Old 11-01-12, 04:54 AM

That is what I needed to know... Thanks!!!! I am one of those nuts that cares about the packaging and such so I like making sure things are complete... Any chance you could upload a pic of the insert?
Old 11-01-12, 04:57 AM

I see that I can by the dvd new on amazon... But I am wary of that because sometimes "new" just means "repackaged" with one of those stupid enviromental friendly hole filled cases... And then none of the original inserts are provided... Do you think that the new ones on amazon would come with the insert or just be reprints?
Old 11-01-12, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm not really sure, to be honest. With a dvd that has been out as long as it has, it might be tough to track down. But then, this is not really my area of expertise.
Old 11-01-12, 10:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure Amazon goes through stock faster than several of their closest competitors combined, so you should expect their copy to be the eco box, insert-less variety. If you want the insert (Was it established if it's a chapter list or liner notes? I have my own OCD issues, but typically will write off chapter lists...), you'll need to buy used. Contact a few sellers on Amazon, EBay, Alibris, Barnes & Noble, etc., and I'm sure somebody will have what you want. But be sure to ask about the condition of the disk, too, since "like new" (etc.) will mean different things to different people. Hope that helps.
Old 11-04-12, 03:09 PM

Thanks thetao... that has always been my suspicion... and why I am always reluctant to buy movies "new" on Amazon... which is kind of sad!

I find that my definition of "new" (Pristine condition original release having all original artwork and materials) is very different then amazons and many sellers views of "new" (repackaged reprint in eco case)

I always do a lot of contacting sellers before buying because of this... but this time the dvd was listed as having an insert and then didn't come with one so that is why I wanted to check...
Old 11-28-12, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Fox catalogue titles are the only ones I've received in an eco case that had an insert. 90% of what I buy now is used to get the inserts and avoid eco cases.
Old 11-29-12, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by hasslein
I think Fox catalogue titles are the only ones I've received in an eco case that had an insert. 90% of what I buy now is used to get the inserts and avoid eco cases.
I agree... It really stinks that you can't just buy something "new" online and have it actually be a new original release anymore... used is definitely the way to go...