Reload this Page >

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (PC)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 10-17-12, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone else picked this up yet? It's a sort-of indie game based on an old (I think) CS mod.

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/

Basically its a first person melee game where instead of guns you wield swords, bows, shields, axes, spears, clubs, etc. It's kind of like COD in the year 1000, with deathmatch and more objective based games.

Online only, but I picked it up yesterday and I'm enjoying it greatly. The visuals are great and the combat is tight. It feels similar to combat in Skyrim, only in 32 players MP. There is little as satisfying as watching a knights body go limp after a well placed arrow between the eyes. Or watching someones head or limbs go flying off after a blow with the two-handed broadsword.

For only $25 I recommend it.

War of the Roses is also out now, which is a more polished third person medieval combat game. I also recommend that one, though it is much more hardcore and difficult than this one.

Last edited by Nausicaa; 10-17-12 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-31-12, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (PC)

Had to bump this. Been playing obsessively, have 40 hours in now. Anyone pick this up?

Here's a video of one of the epic 64 players matches.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QzNPL8ihgkw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>