Search this Thread

Old 10-14-12, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Dexter -- "Buck the System" -- 10/14/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Dexter takes aim at a new target and attempts to get Debra to pitch in; the Ukrainian mob sets out to avenge the killing of a member; and Quinn gets chummy with a dancer at the mob's strip joint. Meanwhile, LaGuerta is convinced the Bay Harbor Butcher is still at large and recruits Batista in her efforts to reopen the case.

Yvonne Strahovsky (Chuck) guest stars

Episode 3 of 12

Promo:

<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1880771635001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1880771635001&playerID=29474209001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAA9pg~,GnOHJwU2r3sFsJRSf1bvZ_iPYmWg8io0&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>
Old 10-14-12, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts
Re: Dexter -- "Buck the System" -- 10/14/12

Spoiler:
Reading the synopsis has me excited for tonight's episode as I've been waiting for the whole Bay Harbor Butcher case to be officially opened/looked into again. I'm really curious as to what will go down with it and if Dexter will get past the system again or if this will be the start of his downfall. Either way should be good!!
Old 10-14-12, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Spoiler:
Say buh-bye to Louis this episode...altho I have the feeling he will leave "something" behind that will come out to bite Dex in the ass eventually
Old 10-14-12, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't expect him to go so early! I think Deb may be a lot more on board with Dexter later in the season.
Old 10-14-12, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

So now we'll never find out what Louis was really up to???
Old 10-14-12, 11:11 PM

I thought it was pretty ballsy of him to just murder the guy in broad daylight in a public area, then leave it to the club manager to clean up the body. Cause nobody is gonna see that!
Old 10-14-12, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Good episode and season so far, but I would have preferred Louis to be the big bad instead of the mob guys. They don't interest me much, though they are better than the religious shit last season.
Old 10-14-12, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts

Louis seemed too small scale to be a big bad, even if they were going in a different direction last season. I like that Ray Stevenson already knows who Dexter is, and yet Dexter has no idea what's going on.
Old 10-14-12, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Another solid episode that left me wanting more.

Also, Yvonne Strahovski...
Old 10-14-12, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Another good episode. I like what they're doing with the Dexter/Deb storyline with her finally backing off of him and saying that she understands it may be a necessary evil but still not accepting of what he does. I'm wondering if something with Louis' death will come back to bite Dexter in the ass. For one his girlfriend may think it's odd that he disappears after he tells her that Dexter is trying to ruin his life and also because his blood is on his boat (assuming the mobsters didn't bother wiping it clean). I'm also wondering if the writers are going to try and develop a new relationship for Dexter with him and the girl that he and Batista visited, Hannah. Either romantically or she somehow gets involved with him and his killing. Although that was already explored with Lumen in season five.
Old 10-15-12, 12:10 AM

It'd be hilarious if Dexter goes down for the one crime he didn't actually commit.
Old 10-15-12, 12:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Louis...........related happenings.
Old 10-15-12, 12:28 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
So now we'll never find out what Louis was really up to???
I think they made it clear. He was angry that Dexter pissed on his video game, and decided to sabotage his life. The guy was a sociopath, but not a killer.
Old 10-15-12, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
I think they made it clear. He was angry that Dexter pissed on his video game, and decided to sabotage his life. The guy was a sociopath, but not a killer.
Clearly.

There was no other reason behind buying the arm way before that and sending the ITK's arm to Dexter at all.
Old 10-15-12, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Didn't he acquire the prosthetic hand before the stuff about the video game? It can't be a coincidence that he mailed that item to Dexter.
Old 10-15-12, 12:42 AM

I thought there was security cameras on the wharf where dexter's boat is. Didn't he erase footage of him loading up his boat in season 2 or 3 ? Surely that would clear him of Louis's death and nail the mob.
Old 10-15-12, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wouldn't expect the writers to remember that.
Old 10-15-12, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Ray Stevenson shooting Louis between the eyes was awesome.

Loved how Dexter kept fucking with him until the bitter end. See ya!

at the sequences with Dexter losing his mind and killing the Postal worker and Masuka.

Okay, the bitch from the bar was stupid to visit Speltzer. Did she seriously think she was just going there to "Hang" with him and have a drink? I when she was starting to get nervous when he was making some advances towards her. Besides the fact the guy was a sick fuck, a woman like that would be pretty naive to think she could go to a customer's house and have him not expect sex. The whole Minotaur in leather thing was pretty creppy. I am glad he got away. I am looking forward to Dex's confrontation with the sick fuck.

to bringing in Yvonne Strahovsky.
Old 10-15-12, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bdshort
I thought it was pretty ballsy of him to just murder the guy in broad daylight in a public area, then leave it to the club manager to clean up the body. Cause nobody is gonna see that!
This is just episode 3 they don't have to worry about getting caught till towards the end of the season.
Old 10-15-12, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great episode. Is it wrong that I'm still hoping Dexter and Deb bang at some point?
Old 10-15-12, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Another good episode

I like that Deb will let Dexter off the chains but still isn't happy with what he's doing. We knew that she wouldn't turn him in or kill him. But I'm glad that they didn't turn her into someone that helps Dexter. It would have been too easy. I wonder where they go from here... I'm hoping they don't go the easy route and pretend that she never knew in the first place. It's what they did in season 5 where after a few episodes they pretty much stopped mentioning Rita.

They're really starting to hint at the end game now. We always knew that Dexter knew that his killings wouldn't end well for him but now it's more out in the open with his conversations with Deb. I don't think they have it end with Dexter escaping to another city or something. Maybe he goes to prison where he turns into a Hannibal Lector type that helps the police. But I think they're hinting toward Dexter dying and leaving Deb to take care of Harrison. She now knows the 'code' and she may very well have to pass on to him. The 'full circle' ending seems appropriate.

I'm enjoying the Russian mob angle. There is a lot to it. First there is Quinn and Bautista trying to find Viktor, who we know is dead. That has to eventually lead them somewhere. There is Deb who wants him and doesn't know he's dead but once she finds out she'll link him to Dexter.

Best of all the mob boss knows Dexter but Dexter doesn't know him. That's a great twist compared to previous seasons where Dexter is always one step ahead.

Originally Posted by anomynous
I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Louis...........related happenings.
I hope so but I'm not so sure. They might actually be done with him. Maybe the girlfriend will suspect something that leads Deb to suspect something? I don't know. I wasn't huge on the Louis story line, but it would have been cool if there was just more to him.
Old 10-15-12, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Didn't he acquire the prosthetic hand before the stuff about the video game? It can't be a coincidence that he mailed that item to Dexter.
Louis is a collector so I assume that he bought the hand because he's a big fan of the forensics department. Once Dexter pissed him off, he decided to send him the hand. The writers made us think that he was up to something sinister when in act, everything was done for a trivial matter. It is such a waste of a character. I don't think anything more will be said about Louis. They seemed to tie up the ends with the girlfriend and his job.

Originally Posted by headrippa
I thought there was security cameras on the wharf where dexter's boat is. Didn't he erase footage of him loading up his boat in season 2 or 3 ? Surely that would clear him of Louis's death and nail the mob.
I think Dexter may have changed marinas because of the cameras. This one looks different than the one from the first few seasons.
Old 10-15-12, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh yeah I forgot about that...he did switch to a different marina.
Old 10-15-12, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Neil M.
Louis is a collector so I assume that he bought the hand because he's a big fan of the forensics department. Once Dexter pissed him off, he decided to send him the hand. The writers made us think that he was up to something sinister when in act, everything was done for a trivial matter. It is such a waste of a character. I don't think anything more will be said about Louis. They seemed to tie up the ends with the girlfriend and his job.
Old 10-15-12, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The only possibility is if they use his videos more, but they seem to have served their purpose with the girlfriend.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.