Survivor: Phillippines -- "Create a Little Chaos" -- 10/10/12

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-12, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: Phillippines -- "Create a Little Chaos" -- 10/10/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Summary:

"Create a Little Chaos" - Fearing that they may be the next to go home, an aspiring Sole Survivor shares a shocking story from their childhood, and in an effort to escape the looming threat of elimination, sets out to find the elusive Immunity Idol, on SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES, Wednesday, Oct. 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CASTAWAYS:

Castaways competing on SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES (in alphabetical order by tribe):

KALABAW:
Sarah Dawson
Katie Hanson
Jeff Kent
Dana Lambert
Jonathan Penner
Carter Williams

TANDANG:
Abi-Maria Gomes
Roberta "RC" Saint-Amour
Artis Silvester
Lisa Whelchel
Peter "Pete" Yurkowski
Michael Skupin

MATSING:
Malcolm Freberg
Zane Knight (1st voted off)
Angie Layton (3rd voted off)
Roxanne "Roxy" Morris (2nd voted off)
Denise Stapley
Russell Swan

Read more: Listings - SURVIVOR on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz28wHTI1ud
Old 10-10-12, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Re: Survivor: Phillippines -- "Create a Little Chaos" -- 10/10/12

Well all I have to say is finally!
Old 10-10-12, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Why have they started playing the "Survivor horn" sound throughout the episodes now? We know what sure we're watching. It's annoying.

I have to point out that I was able to predict the outcome of this challenge in last week's thread: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/11411726-post6.html

As for next week's preview:
Spoiler:
Damn medical evacuation...They made it look like it was Jeff Kent or possibly even Penner. Hopefully just more misdirection. I'll be upset if it's Penner again.
Old 10-10-12, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Glad there was excitement with the immunity/reward challenge, because the TC was as predictable as they come (for everyone except Russ, I suppose).
Old 10-11-12, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 483 Likes on 319 Posts

I tuned in just to watch the challenge and boy, was I glad I did. Russ having his temper tantrum was hysterical. The quiet reaction shots from all three tribes as he talked to God is maybe the funniest thing I've ever seen on this show.
Old 10-11-12, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
As for next week's preview:
Spoiler:
Damn medical evacuation...They made it look like it was Jeff Kent or possibly even Penner. Hopefully just more misdirection. I'll be upset if it's Penner again.
Spoiler:
Hope for Matsing at last!

I still think some kind of redistribution is likely. Malcolm and Denise seem like characters they would want to keep around.
Old 10-11-12, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With how much of a positive and complex storyarch they are getting Malcolm and Denise will be major players come the merge. It's hard to root against them since I think these tribes were almost set up to make sure Penner and Skupin at least make merge.(How did the producers not think a tribe with Angie,Zane and Roxanne would end up losing most of the challenges)
Old 10-11-12, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
I still think some kind of redistribution is likely. Malcolm and Denise seem like characters they would want to keep around.
I'd say it's guaranteed. If they were to lose another challenge, they would only have two people at tribal council. That wouldn't work. They'll probably just add one to each of the other two tribes.
Old 10-11-12, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
I'd say it's guaranteed. If they were to lose another challenge, they would only have two people at tribal council. That wouldn't work. They'll probably just add one to each of the other two tribes.
That happened once before with Stephanie and that other guy; their tribe lost every single challenge until only those two were left.

I seem to recall that instead of a regular tribal council they had a fire building challenge, something about building a fire high enough to burn through a rope and release a flag or something.
Old 10-11-12, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
That happened once before with Stephanie and that other guy; their tribe lost every single challenge until only those two were left.

I seem to recall that instead of a regular tribal council they had a fire building challenge, something about building a fire high enough to burn through a rope and release a flag or something.
Yep. Stephanie defeated Bobby Jon in the fire making challenge and then joined the other tribe by herself.

It seems as if the thing to do would to be to add Denise and Malcom to the 2 existing tribes. The presence of the HHI makes it interesting. The preview leads us to think that they both tear things up looking for it in order to survive.
Old 10-11-12, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

They need to go back to having two challenges per episode. All this camp stuff is totally boring.
Old 10-11-12, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
They need to go back to having two challenges per episode. All this camp stuff is totally boring.
Agreed. I can get through an episode in 15-20 min because I FF through most of the camp stuff. Having separate reward & immunity challenges made the show better.
Old 10-11-12, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City

That was textbook misdirection with Jeff in next weeks episode
Old 10-11-12, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I thought having 3 tribes would improve the show... instead it destroyed it. I can't belive this is worse than the Exile Island crap last season.
Old 10-11-12, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
I disagree. The camp stuff is interesting, though I wish they would focus somewhat more on how the contestants are dealing with the elements and that they would cover more contestants.
Old 10-11-12, 12:49 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For as much as the producers fuck with the game while it's going on, it'd be pretty dumb for them to get rid of one of Denise or Malcolm at this point.
Old 10-11-12, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Will they really have a challenge where four people from the other two tribes have to sit out? If the previous losses had been evenly distributed, only 2 people would have to sit out. Are the challenges even made so they can work with just 2 people?
Old 10-11-12, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redsea
I disagree. The camp stuff is interesting, though I wish they would focus somewhat more on how the contestants are dealing with the elements and that they would cover more contestants.
I agree. One of the highlights of this ep. was Russel's talk with Denise at camp (about the beatdown he got when he was 8). Was refreshing to see some dialogue that wasn't all strategy or girl drama.
Old 10-12-12, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From an interview with Russell:
THR: So you knew you were going home?
Russell: Going in [to tribal council], I pretty much knew it was going to be me. Being a returning player, I had some advantage, and I can tell, with body language -- in poker terms of tells, when people are bluffing and you can just tell that because you're saying it, doesn't mean it's true. I had been down this road before. The experience was just, Wow, this is really culminating into being a complete nightmare. There is no scenario, including me dying, that would be worse than what happened. Although I wouldn't want to go away from my daughter or wife, this is the worst-case scenario I ever imagined happening.
Old 10-12-12, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I kinda feel bad for Russell cause the way tribes were distributed looked suspicously rigged for this to happen. It's hard imagine when they decided to put the 3 physically weakest people on 1 tribe( out of shape chain smoker Zane,a 90 pound girl Roxanne and a 90 pound girl with flotation devices Angie) that they didn't intend for this tribe to go on a losing streak. It seems like they wanted to make sure even if the celeb contestants Lisa and Jeff Kent and the 2 vets who Probst is friends with Penner,Skupin survived a coupe episodes even if they were their tribes targets.
Old 10-12-12, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
I thought having 3 tribes would improve the show... instead it destroyed it. I can't belive this is worse than the Exile Island crap last season.
I said it before. The 3 tribe setup never works well. 1 tribe is always so much worse than the others. I barely know or recognize anyone other than the celebrities from the other tribes at this point.
Old 10-12-12, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts

For those interested in Angie BEFORE the boob job.

Old 10-12-12, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

I was wondering if that ever happened before and I do sort of remember it, but I was thinking the fire challenge was only done when there was a tie. I still think they'll split them up between the two tribes.

Originally Posted by Howie2000
I kinda feel bad for Russell cause the way tribes were distributed looked suspicously rigged for this to happen. It's hard imagine when they decided to put the 3 physically weakest people on 1 tribe( out of shape chain smoker Zane,a 90 pound girl Roxanne and a 90 pound girl with flotation devices Angie) that they didn't intend for this tribe to go on a losing streak. It seems like they wanted to make sure even if the celeb contestants Lisa and Jeff Kent and the 2 vets who Probst is friends with Penner,Skupin survived a coupe episodes even if they were their tribes targets.
Russell wouldn't have done any better on another tribe. He was lucky to last as long as he did. The guy is just terrible at this game.
Old 10-12-12, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

In past seasons, when a tribe has extra people for a challenge, hasn't there always been a rule that they couldn't sit out the same people twice in a row? It always seemed a good rule since it gave the undermanned teams a better chance at coming back. It doesn't seem like they're doing that this season. Yet another way the decent players on Matsing are getting hosed by the producers.
Old 10-12-12, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hopefully Angie and her friend were able to to get a "buy one, get one half off" deal on boob jobs.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.