Old 10-07-12, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Once Upon a Time -- "We Are Both" -- 10/07/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Barbara Hershey Guest Stars as Regina's Mother, Cora

"We Are Both" - While Regina continues to find a way to regain her magical powers, David continues his quest to uncover the whereabouts of Mary Margaret and Emma; and the seven dwarves discover what happens when any of the townspeople try to step past the city limits of Storybrooke. Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, as her wedding day to King Leopold approaches, Regina is confronted by a man of magic who promises to help her become independent and break free from her mother Cora's (Barbara Hershey) clutches, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, OCTOBER 7 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Episode 2 of 22
Old 10-07-12, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Once Upon a Time -- "We Are Both" -- 10/07/12

I wonder if we'll finally see how
Spoiler:
Cora
died and if later this season we'll find out what ever became of ever became of
Spoiler:
Prince Thomas.
Old 10-07-12, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Robert Carlyle was doing a very interesting alternate performance as Rumple tonight. Even the accent was different. Towards the end of the episode he started sounding like classic Rumple but he was still different.

Where was Belle during this whole episode?
Old 10-07-12, 10:31 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I noticed Carlyle's performance, too. Very different. Maybe he's trying out an idea.

I loved the scene between Gold and David in Gold's shop. And, you know, I'm still rooting for Regina. She's the most interesting character in the show.
Old 10-08-12, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,020 Likes on 630 Posts

Yeah, Regina's story has been the most well-developed. They can't redeem her yet, though--she's so good at being evil!

Nice to see the dwarfs all together. I wonder if they'll find a way for Sneezy to get his memories back.

What's going on with Pinocchio? They showed him in the bed at the beginning. Is he immobile? But he was gone by the time his dad checked the room.

Ruby is so hot.
Old 10-08-12, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

I didn't really care for Charming being the one to lead the town since he is so wishy washy. But the other stuff (mainly Rumplestilskin and Regina) was pretty good. It's nice that they are able to add to the backstory and give Regina more depth.
Old 10-08-12, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
I didn't really care for Charming being the one to lead the town since he is so wishy washy.
Didn't bother me since he is now, essentially, Charming and not the wishy washy David. He even made mention of the change during the episode.

From Gold's talk with Regina, it seems as though she could be the one that was promised to him but lost as a first born child.

For a minute, I was thinking Cora was the Queen of Hearts with how Regina acted when Jefferson took her to Wonderland or perhaps the Red Queen with the looking glass, but with her showing up at the end, I'm uncertain.

Last edited by dfmaverick2; 10-08-12 at 05:29 AM.
Old 10-08-12, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts

Got they're gonna start looking for the tree Pinocchio came out of in this world to use as portal back to their world.
Old 10-08-12, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad to see a more take-charge David. His character was the weakest thing about Season 1.

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
Ruby is so hot.
Regina looked pretty good storming into that town meeting.
Old 10-09-12, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I found it amusing when Dr. Whale asked Charming if it was now okay to bang the nuns.

Originally Posted by dfmaverick2
For a minute, I was thinking Cora was the Queen of Hearts with how Regina acted when Jefferson took her to Wonderland or perhaps the Red Queen with the looking glass, but with her showing up at the end, I'm uncertain.
I believe this episode confirmed Cora is the Queen of Hearts. As you mention, the Looking Glass was a dead giveaway. And the curse presumably only extended to the Enchanted Forest. I'm betting a later episode will show that the Mad Hatter made it out of Wonderland just before the curse was enacted.